Thanks Meter: 66

By BlankBlackDroid, Senior Member on 13th August 2016, 11:55 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
15th July 2017, 09:00 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmaster24

I wouldn't really trust something to protect my privacy if I can't see what it's doing lol

True that!

I have no idea why they are not releasing the source code for PMP if it is a college project and not planning for monetization. This might be tracking more information from us than we think so we definitely need to be careful with closed source xposed modules.
The Following User Says Thank You to anantharam For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift anantharam Ad-Free

24th August 2017, 08:20 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
I'm on the latest Marshmallow Ressurection Remix on an OPO phone. Rotted by Magisk, xposed by a Magisk Module, and using Microg. After enabling the module in Xposed and restart the phonre stuck in a bootloop. though it seems to me the project is under development.
7th October 2017, 04:23 PM |#13  
Flag Milano
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurkamurka

I'm on the latest Marshmallow Ressurection Remix on an OPO phone. Rotted by Magisk, xposed by a Magisk Module, and using Microg. After enabling the module in Xposed and restart the phonre stuck in a bootloop. though it seems to me the project is under development.

Hi, I got the same bootloop issue. Btw, it occours with LeeDroidM9 and ViperOneM9. With the stock ROM (Nougat 7.0) no issues (only a pop-up error message every time I start the module. Anyway, once you press OK, the module continue to works and it don't seems affected the overall usage). But, as M66B say, is not guaranteed that it works 100% and the development seems definitely end.

Greetings
7th October 2017, 09:36 PM |#14  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marko Indaco

Hi, I got the same bootloop issue. Btw, it occours with LeeDroidM9 and ViperOneM9. With the stock ROM (Nougat 7.0) no issues (only a pop-up error message every time I start the module. Anyway, once you press OK, the module continue to works and it don't seems affected the overall usage). But, as M66B say, is not guaranteed that it works 100% and the development seems definitely end.

Greetings

It seems you're talking about xprivacy. I've talked about PMP-Protect My Privacy. Theye are two different modules. Xprivacy works at me without issue, on Marshmallow. Haven't tried yet Nougat. Maybe your issue is occured by unofficial xposed fw for nougat.
7th October 2017, 11:47 PM |#15  
Flag Milano

More
Quote:

It seems you're talking about xprivacy. I've talked about PMP-Protect My Privacy. Theye are two different modules. Xprivacy works at me without issue, on Marshmallow. Haven't tried yet Nougat. Maybe your issue is occured by unofficial xposed fw for nougat.

Uh, sorry for my misunderstanding I thought you were talking about Xprivacy. Anyway, I try also PMP on ViperOneM9 6.1.0 and works fine for me. Seems a good module but the fact it's closed source change almost everything... spoken in privacy matters.

Quote:

Maybe your issue is occured by unofficial xposed fw for nougat.

Yes indeed, should be that reason.
10th October 2017, 11:06 AM |#16  

More
Now with official Nougat Xposed PMP did not cause bootloop.
15th October 2017, 08:16 PM |#17  
Flag Milano

More
Here's the Publications page of the Lead dev, for those who are interested...
The Following User Says Thank You to Marko Indaco For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Marko Indaco Ad-Free
16th October 2017, 03:27 PM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 548

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marko Indaco

Here's the Publications page of the Lead dev, for those who are interested...

Anyway, testing this app the last 2 days and I'm facing too many freezes, network crashes plus it uses an ads which uses all existing permissions including camera and microphone. I don't see myself keeping it but I don't see anyone better either for 7.x

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to andreasy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift andreasy Ad-Free
17th October 2017, 06:03 AM |#19  
Flag Milano

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreasy

Anyway, testing this app the last 2 days and I'm facing too many freezes, network crashes plus it uses an ads which uses all existing permissions including camera and microphone. I don't see myself keeping it but I don't see anyone better either for 7.x

Really? What's ads. I didn't saw it, but could be because I use AdAway.
17th October 2017, 06:49 AM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 548

More
I wasn't talking about ads you see but ads agents that run on the background and collect personal data

17th October 2017, 12:11 PM |#21  
/home
Thanks Meter: 232

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreasy

I wasn't talking about ads you see but ads agents that run on the background and collect personal data

I use afwall+ and don't allow pmp to connect to the internet. Works for me.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)