Thanks Meter: 71

By Valiante, Senior Member on 31st July 2017, 09:20 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
3rd January 2019, 07:24 AM |#11  
Flag Antwerp
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Is this still working for some?
I downloaded the bottom three voices in Waze and followed the instructions (not for the first time, new phone).
The permissions and SE context are correct, but still no sound.
3rd January 2019, 09:25 AM |#12  
Flag Antwerp
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joekeee

Is this still working for some?
I downloaded the bottom three voices in Waze and followed the instructions (not for the first time, new phone).
The permissions and SE context are correct, but still no sound.

Still works!
But for me it only works when I choose a language that doesn't contain a _ in the foldername.
Like Croatian, Swedish, Turkish.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	waze.JPG
Views:	246
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	4679073  
3rd February 2019, 11:30 AM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regzim

*Long press any mp3 you just pasted in/Select all/3-dot menu icon/"Change SE context"/"Enter context manually"
*Manually type in:

Code:
u:object_r:app_data_file:s0:c512,c768
*Press OK
*Change all mp3 permissions to "rw-------" (0600)
*Rejoice!

Thanks for putting this up. I was bummed when they changed it and would love to get celeb voices back. I'm rooted and got up to copying and overwriting the files into the foreign Waze sound folder, but I don't get anything like "Change SE context". I originally copied the files with ES File Explorer and didn't see anything like that, so I specifically tried Root Explorer free version and still no option like that. I also can't see the rw permissions (I CAN see and modify those permissions in ES). Is that something that's only in the paid version?
6th February 2019, 02:53 AM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
No "Change SE context" in menu
Quote:
Originally Posted by raulrocks

Thanks for putting this up. I was bummed when they changed it and would love to get celeb voices back. I'm rooted and got up to copying and overwriting the files into the foreign Waze sound folder, but I don't get anything like "Change SE context". I originally copied the files with ES File Explorer and didn't see anything like that, so I specifically tried Root Explorer free version and still no option like that. I also can't see the rw permissions (I CAN see and modify those permissions in ES). Is that something that's only in the paid version?

Hmmm... I wonder if this is a "my phone/OS only" thing. But this doesn't make sense since the SE context thing is within Root Explorer, not exclusive to my OS. Not quite sure if I've got the free version of Root Explorer (Version 4.1.6) as well, but these options were in my version when I long pressed the files/3-dot menu/Change SE context near the bottom of the drop-down menu. At the time of writing this the free version is up to 4.4.3 FWIW.

Gotta admit I'm flummoxed on this one. There's just too many variables from phone to phone to explore here, but an app is an app - either it has the same menu items on every phone or it's not the same version or app!

Some ideas off the top of my head that may be worth chasing down:
*The free version may not provide the SE context option (to be honest I can't remember whether I am on the free version, or if ages ago I cleverly "got hold" of the paid version if you follow my meaning). Maybe bite the bullet and buy the app (or "get hold" of it somehow)?
*An upgrade to Root Explorer somewhere along the line maybe broke or eliminated this option. This is not out of the question since I read all the time about loyal users bitching about how their app used to "be perfect" until the latest stupid upgrade changed everything for the worse. I never have this problem since I sideload every app into my phone manually and turn off automatic upgrades on all apps, because I can't stand upgrades breaking and/or ruining perfectly good working apps. Sure, my apps are sometimes a little behind the times, but they freaking work and keep working until I outgrow them or something better comes along. Maybe find version 4.1.6 somehow and see what happens?

Sorry if none of this works and if I can't be of more help than this. Bummed to think only an elite few may be able to do this, because I hate it when software nazis lock up options that allow us users to customize.
Hope you crack this, and please share if you do!
Regzim
The Following User Says Thank You to Regzim For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Regzim Ad-Free
6th February 2019, 09:16 AM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thanks for the additional info, especially the version!

I had installed the first "Root Explorer" that was free, but it has different version numbers. Based on your info it looks like the one you have (by Speed Software) call their pro version Root Explorer and their free version simply Explorer. And yes indeedy do you need to the paid version to view/edit root files. I happened to come across the current version and everything you said fell into place.

Even though it was 3:40 am, ran down to my car (3 flights) and was ELATED and did a happy dance when 3PO said "In 0.1 miles turn left master"!

HOOOOO-raaaaaayyyy!!!! And thanks, triple thumbs up!

happy dance
6th July 2019, 02:32 PM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Hi

I rooted my Xperia Z5 (7.1.1) yesterday. This method doesn't seem to be working on my phone. All I get is silence.
Any idea what the problem may be?
8th July 2019, 05:57 AM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 118

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedhadi

Hi

I rooted my Xperia Z5 (7.1.1) yesterday. This method doesn't seem to be working on my phone. All I get is silence.
Any idea what the problem may be?

hai,

this method still work for me.
i use 1+5.

Regards
8th July 2019, 06:07 AM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by barani kumar

hai,

this method still work for me.
i use 1+5.

Regards

Hi

What's your Android and Waze version?
8th July 2019, 07:03 PM |#19  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedhadi

Hi

What's your Android and Waze version?

Hai

I'm using 1+5 with OOS beta 35 (Pie)
Waze 4.52.3. 4

Im been using this method for long time.
And I do clean install every few month.
So Im very confident this method work for latest ver.

Regards.
10th July 2019, 01:19 PM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Do I have to be rooted to do this?
I have a s8 and can't find the Waze file can someone help
10th July 2019, 04:50 PM |#21  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ma777yy

Do I have to be rooted to do this?