Remove All Ads from XDA

Serial Number Changer (Q&A)

42 posts
Thanks Meter: 50
 
By shs94, Member on 26th March 2016, 06:23 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
12th April 2016, 07:21 PM |#11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Hi, how "device info" app by jphilli85 (you can find it on play market, I can't use urls) and some others apps find original serial number, can you fix it?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to arturs678 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift arturs678 Ad-Free
 
 
13th April 2016, 06:26 AM |#12  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 50
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by arturs678

Hi, how "device info" app by jphilli85 (you can find it on play market, I can't use urls) and some others apps find original serial number, can you fix it?

Hi arturs678,
Thanks for reporting. Ill check and try to fix in this weekend.

They seem to be using one of the hidden APIs, SystemProperties, for finding the device Serial number.
Even though it is hidden, it can be used with the Java Reflection concept. Compiler won't come to know that you are using a hidden class.

I'm trying to figure out how I can use Xposed and block the access...
Any help is appreciated.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shs94 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shs94 Ad-Free
22nd April 2016, 08:34 PM |#13  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
your app version does not compatible with my 4.0.4 ics device Getting error messege during install (there 's parsing problem ) can u please help me i hv rooted and exposed framework installed can i change serialno in /sys/class/android_sub/android0/iserial manully??? Does it work? Or suggest something else please i ll waiting ur respons

Sent from my HEDY_H706 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to aaaampopo1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift aaaampopo1 Ad-Free
24th April 2016, 02:40 PM |#14  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 50
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaampopo1

your app version does not compatible with my 4.0.4 ics device Getting error messege during install (there 's parsing problem ) can u please help me i hv rooted and exposed framework installed can i change serialno in /sys/class/android_sub/android0/iserial manully??? Does it work? Or suggest something else please i ll waiting ur respons

Sent from my HEDY_H706 using XDA Free mobile app

Hi,
Thanks for reporting the bug. Ill check it out.
And this app is going to modify the original Serial number of the device. It just masks on the fly.
If u want to change the value in iSerial file, then this app is not going to help.

One alternative suggestion is, u may make use of adb tool.
pull the /sys/class/android_usb/android0/iserial file, modify and push it back.
I think this would revert back when device is rebooted.
The Following User Says Thank You to shs94 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shs94 Ad-Free
26th April 2016, 08:25 AM |#15  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
My pc does not detecting my device its continuously connecting and disconecting while i hv already installed all necessory drivers in my pc manually as well as using pdanet but problem still exist?
May i use terminal emulator in the place of pc?if yes so what command do i use?

Sent from my HEDY_H706 using XDA Free mobile app
26th April 2016, 09:58 AM |#16  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 50
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaampopo1

My pc does not detecting my device its continuously connecting and disconecting while i hv already installed all necessory drivers in my pc manually as well as using pdanet but problem still exist?
May i use terminal emulator in the place of pc?if yes so what command do i use?

Sent from my HEDY_H706 using XDA Free mobile app

Try using 'AdbDriverInstaller'. It will help you install the right drivers
7th June 2016, 08:13 AM |#17  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shs94

Update v1.2 :
- New feature! An option to randomise Android device serial number on each access.
- Support for older devices

Mask your device Serial number. Change Serial number to any no of your choice!

* ROOT ACCESS IS REQUIRED
* XPOSED FRAMEWORK should be installed. (minversion : 30)

Watch a quick demo : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giLXEzhDGwQ
Download Here : http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.intplus.idchanger

Use this module to mask your device Serial number.

A unique number will be assigned to very device by the manufacturer. This id is known as Serial number. You can check your device Serial number by navigating to Settings -> About the phone -> Phone Status.
Note : Similarly, a unique number is assigned to SIM slot it is known as IMEI number.

The app is NOT GOING TO CHANGE THE ID PERMANENTLY. It just masks the actual id for apps. (Spoof). Uninstall the app and reboot again to revert back to the original Serial Id.

You can enter your own serial number!, device is going to return this number when accessed for Serial number.

How to use ?

- As mentioned earlier you need to have a ROOTED device and XPOSED framework installed in it.
- Enable this app inside XPOSED installer.
- Open the app, Enter your own serial number.
- Save
- Reboot the device to apply the changes

Disclaimer :
May not work proper on some devices.
It should be used only for good purpose.
Please do not use if masking device id is not legal in your country.
It would be helpful tool for ethical hackers, mobile security researchers.
(Penetration testing android apps. )
Use this module at your own risk.

Thanks to rovo89 for developing the wonderful XPOSED framework.

Hi Friend,

After reset to factory defaults, the original serial number coming back, is this normal.

I also tested adb push amended iSerial document to device, but is say " Permission denied"
11th June 2016, 10:32 PM |#18  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Its not working on my MTK6592 Device with Android 4.4 (Blackview Zeta)
Dont know if its because of MTK.. xprivacy for example is working fine on that device.

No Errors nothing but DeviceID Apps show old Serial
Yes module in xposed activated
14th June 2016, 05:32 AM |#19  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 50
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspergillus

Its not working on my MTK6592 Device with Android 4.4 (Blackview Zeta)
Dont know if its because of MTK.. xprivacy for example is working fine on that device.

No Errors nothing but DeviceID Apps show old Serial
Yes module in xposed activated

Hi Aspergillus,
Yes, you are right. I came to know that it doesn't work properly on KitKat devices.
I have added this task to my To-Do list. Hopefully Ill be able to fix it soon and release the next version.
8th July 2016, 11:32 PM |#20  
will0899's Avatar
Senior Member
Bakersfield
Thanks Meter: 52
 
More
So what does everyone use this app for? Im always looking for ways to show off the power of android.
9th July 2016, 07:08 AM |#21  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 50
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by will0899

So what does everyone use this app for? Im always looking for ways to show off the power of android.

Hi!,
I don't know for what everyone use this app, but I built it for Android app pentesters.
You can mask the serial number and see how your app under test behaves.
For example, app should not allow to apply coupon codes again and again, when serial number of the device is changed.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes