Post Reply Email Thread
9th July 2016, 07:08 AM |#21  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 50

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by will0899

So what does everyone use this app for? Im always looking for ways to show off the power of android.

Hi!,
I don't know for what everyone use this app, but I built it for Android app pentesters.
You can mask the serial number and see how your app under test behaves.
For example, app should not allow to apply coupon codes again and again, when serial number of the device is changed.

21st July 2016, 01:48 AM |#22  
So there are some of us who have a recalled Nvidea shield tablet that is set to receive an OTA that would essentially brick it. The OTA is sent out after the replacement. Some would rather keep the old one functional however.

The OTA file has been removed with the help of a zip file but some are still saying that it is possible for the OTA to get downloaded. I feel like the only way they can identify the tablets is by serial numbers.

Do you feel like this app would help the tablet stay anonymous to the manufacturer (OTA files) or is it just a cosmetic fix for the user?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using XDA-Developers mobile app
4th August 2016, 06:58 PM |#23  
OP Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombo1

Is there is way to change IMEI and a way to change Wi-Fi MAC address

Hi Bombo1,

New features are included in Hijack Suite app.
Let me know if you have any issues or concerns.
4th August 2016, 07:07 PM |#24  
OP Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jal3223

So there are some of us who have a recalled Nvidea shield tablet that is set to receive an OTA that would essentially brick it. The OTA is sent out after the replacement. Some would rather keep the old one functional however.

The OTA file has been removed with the help of a zip file but some are still saying that it is possible for the OTA to get downloaded. I feel like the only way they can identify the tablets is by serial numbers.

Do you feel like this app would help the tablet stay anonymous to the manufacturer (OTA files) or is it just a cosmetic fix for the user?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using XDA-Developers mobile app

Hi,

Yes, I feel like this app would help the tablet stay anonymous to the manufacturer.
Whoever is using the OS APIs to access the serial number would be getting the spoofed value.
Since network providers would be having their own channel to access it, they will get the original number itself. But since you are asking about spoofing manufactures, I think this app should work.

However this particular case is not tested yet.
11th August 2016, 07:10 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Doesnt work stock sm-g920f for me. So i guess its just to spoof your imei nothing more. I cant call or use data.
11th October 2016, 12:51 PM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
SMT700, rooted, both Hijack Suite and Serial Number Changer don't work. Running Marshmallow. Any suggestions? It's not crashing or anything. I set the new info, asks to reboot, I do so, and nothing's changed.
10th January 2017, 02:29 PM |#27  
Flag Mersin
Thanks Meter: 9

More
it doesnt work for me

other modules works fine
21st September 2017, 09:47 AM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
No, it does NOT work, on my API22 (Lollipop_MR1) China tablet. Despite root, functioning Xposed framework and a stable running stock ROM.
Before I open a new topic asking for specific help in my case I will share my findings here. Hoping for a solution with this or a similar tool.

My tablet has a generic serial number ("0123456789ABCDEF"). There are some apps that rely on a UNIQUE serial number. Since many Android devices seem to share the generic one, these apps will not accept another installation on different devices like my one.

I tried ALL (and I mean 'ALL') tools currently on the 'market' to overcome the issue, promising to create a unique S/N for my tablet.
NONE work, all fail with various symptoms, including the tool offered here:
- "Serial Number Changer" allows to change the S/N, but the number does not 'stick', the old generic number appears right away again.
- DonkeyGuard installs fine, but crashes without any hint whenever started
- Xprivacy allows to alter several IDs for each installd up; but again the S/N will NOT stick, but show as 'DEFACE' everytime I look, even right after storing a newly generated one. Android_ID and other identifiers can be altered without problems.

I am no wiz as to Android, but I sense that something very unique is happening inside my weird tablet. It somehow defies all these spoof attempts., but WHY and HOW?
Is there really NO WAY to force my device into a mode with a unique serial number?
While searching the entire internet I stumbled upon this little 'ADB' script that presumingly will alter the S/N entry in the recovery file:

"adb shell
su
mount -o remount,rw /system
vi /system/etc/install-recovery.sh
# edit, save and exit
mount -o reount, ro /system
And here comes the line to add to /system/etc/install-recovery.sh to make the magic happen:
echo -n NEWSERIAL123 > /sys/class/android_usb/android0/iSerial
"

I am not sure how to exactly apply this fix and what to enter in the .sh file?
Can someone clean this method up and present it in a more readable format ? 'Edit Save and Exit' means to enter the one specific line shown at the end?
Can I invoke these ADB calls from inside my tablet or only from an external device over USB?
Is this method used in the tool offered here as the 'Serial Number Changer'? Then it won't work for me either 8-(

Thanks for any insight, help and suggestion; I want to learn, and also turn my crappy '0123456789ABCDEF' device into a uniqe machine.
25th September 2017, 06:24 PM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shs94

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
New : Get "Hijack Suite"
Hijack most of the device identities!!
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Update v1.2 :
- New feature! An option to randomise Android device serial number on each access.
- Support for older devices

Mask your device Serial number. Change Serial number to any no of your choice!

* ROOT ACCESS IS REQUIRED
* XPOSED FRAMEWORK should be installed. (minversion : 30)

Watch a quick demo : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giLXEzhDGwQ
Download Here : http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.intplus.idchanger

Use this module to mask your device Serial number.

A unique number will be assigned to very device by the manufacturer. This id is known as Serial number. You can check your device Serial number by navigating to Settings -> About the phone -> Phone Status.
Note : Similarly, a unique number is assigned to SIM slot it is known as IMEI number.

The app is NOT GOING TO CHANGE THE ID PERMANENTLY. It just masks the actual id for apps. (Spoof). Uninstall the app and reboot again to revert back to the original Serial Id.

You can enter your own serial number!, device is going to return this number when accessed for Serial number.

How to use ?

- As mentioned earlier you need to have a ROOTED device and XPOSED framework installed in it.
- Enable this app inside XPOSED installer.
- Open the app, Enter your own serial number.
- Save
- Reboot the device to apply the changes

Disclaimer :
May not work proper on some devices.
It should be used only for good purpose.
Please do not use if masking device id is not legal in your country.
It would be helpful tool for ethical hackers, mobile security researchers.
(Penetration testing android apps. )
Use this module at your own risk.

Thanks to rovo89 for developing the wonderful XPOSED framework.

where would you find out if its legal?
26th September 2017, 10:17 AM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azs14

where would you find out if its legal?

Legality is always related to the country you are living in. Some nations are more tolerant than others.

Changing 'fake' serial numbers (e.g. in my case, where ALL devices share THE SAME serial number) can hardly be illegal.
In fact it is almost mandatory for reasones mentioned in my first post.

Changing the IMEI number is a different beast; it is usually required to be unique and fixed, for security and tracking purposes. I wonder how mobile phone networks would handle the appearance of two phones with the same IMEI?

Now I wish that someone would answer MY question about the stubborn generic serial number of my tablet...
14th January 2018, 10:55 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Hi, is there anyway of getting this running on Android Wear 2? I have XPosed installed but when I select from the respository I can't install says there is no "Wear install". I am trying to get Polar Flow working and want to change my serial number of my Huwaei Watch 2 to the serial of my Polar M600 to pass the apps "checks" as it has to have a valid device ID that Polar's web services recognise and the serial number contains this so if I can use this I can hopefully fool it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)