By mihailgreceanu, Member on 31st December 2015, 07:52 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
12th October 2017, 10:07 PM |#421  
Flag Gresham
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWildGamer

If you don't have a computer, how did you get root in first place? lol. Use Flashfire instead, it helps. I don't have the PRO so I can't do backups (I think?)

Lol no you can and it's because I'm on Vista and I recently got a blue screen error but yeah you can I'm able to

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using XDA Labs
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20171012-140652.png
Views:	154
Size:	246.1 KB
ID:	4300965  

12th October 2017, 10:20 PM |#422  
Thanks Meter: 1

Donate to Me
More
--- back up with titanium backup ---
Quote:
Originally Posted by mihailgreceanu

(skip to steps)
As you all know, snapchat does not work on rooted phones anymore... Wrong! It doesn't work on phones with xposed framework, at least upon logging in.

steps (modified and simplified)
a. uninstall xposed framework (ROOT DOES NOT MATTER, HAVING THE XPOSED APP ALSO DOES NOT MATTER, MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT HAVE THE FRAMEWORK INSTALLED) before installing snapchat then do a fresh install of snapchat. Only disabling the xposed module=fail
b. log in into snapchat whithout having the xposed framework installed.
c. after logging in, install the framework back
voila, now you have all the xposed functions plus snapchat working just fine
Goodluck!

I use Snapchat as a main SMS platform. Just as a strong recommendation you should all do as he says, then make sure that you use Titanium Backup to make a Full Data Backup of Snapchat after it is logged in.

This way, if you ever mess your phone up - namely on a tripped KNOX Samsung, you will always be able to log in again by restoring the .TiBkp backup from the app.
I've used this a ridiculous amount of times.
Backing it up to any of your cloud platforms is a good plan, I keep mine in my GDrive.

[Even if it is of an old snapchat version, you can update it from the play store after updating it, and it should hopefully stay logged in. Mine always has.

Good luck
12th October 2017, 10:26 PM |#423  
Flag Gresham

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDA XILFY

I use Snapchat as a main SMS platform. Just as a strong recommendation you should all do as he says, then make sure that you use Titanium Backup to make a Full Data Backup of Snapchat after it is logged in.

This way, if you ever mess your phone up - namely on a tripped KNOX Samsung, you will always be able to log in again by restoring the .TiBkp backup from the app.
I've used this a ridiculous amount of times.
Backing it up to any of your cloud platforms is a good plan, I keep mine in my GDrive.

[Even if it is of an old snapchat version, you can update it from the play store after updating it, and it should hopefully stay logged in. Mine always has.

Good luck

Okay but as I said before there is no method on my phone that will work... I have literally tried ALL known methods I need a titanium backup but I can't do that (cause I can't log in)

12th October 2017, 10:31 PM |#424  
Thanks Meter: 1

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeUseLord-

Okay but as I said before there is no method on my phone that will work... I have literally tried ALL known methods I need a titanium backup but I can't do that (cause I can't log in)

You got any super old android phones? A girlfriend, boyfriend, friend, flatmate, brother, sister that have a phone you could use? I'm sure that if you asked nicely they'd lend you either their current or an old phone of theirs. Try asking. Personally when I was in a situation like yours I got out my old S3 and did it on there, then transferred it onto my S5.
12th October 2017, 10:38 PM |#425  
Flag Gresham

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDA XILFY

You got any super old android phones? A girlfriend, boyfriend, friend, flatmate, brother, sister that have a phone you could use? I'm sure that if you asked nicely they'd lend you either their current or an old phone of theirs. Try asking. Personally when I was in a situation like yours I got out my old S3 and did it on there, then transferred it onto my S5.

... I may have bricked them... And only people in my house have iphones and a stylo3 that's why I'm trying to find someone nice enough to sign in for me and send me the backup

14th October 2017, 05:57 AM |#426  
On my op3t, stock oos 4.5 Snapchat works with magisk, it breaks and kicks me out once I have the xposed installed and active.

Is there a work around that? Does magisk hide do anything? Could it be related to safetynet fail after xposed install? Any input would be appreciated
15th October 2017, 06:15 AM |#427  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thanks. Worked great.
17th October 2017, 08:37 AM |#428  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
quick question after i did the titanium backup which worked by the way could i install xposed as well now or will it just kick me out
17th October 2017, 04:49 PM |#429  
Flag Aalst
Thanks Meter: 589

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkoopa10

quick question after i did the titanium backup which worked by the way could i install xposed as well now or will it just kick me out

Yes install xposed it will work.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Redmi Note 4X met Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to FlemishDroid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift FlemishDroid Ad-Free
17th October 2017, 09:52 PM |#430  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlemishDroid

Yes install xposed it will work.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Redmi Note 4X met Tapatalk

thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
root, snapchat, xposed

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)