Remove All Ads from XDA

Tai Chi·Magisk

28 posts
Thanks Meter: 109
 
By xiaoxiaozy, Junior Member on 5th January 2019, 01:15 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th January 2019, 03:51 PM |#11  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 109
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by M66B

Can be, but I will never use it because it is closed source and can therefore do anything it likes behind me back.

This is another developer's, not Tai Chi's
 
 
13th January 2019, 06:16 PM |#12  
M66B's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 37,663
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xiaoxiaozy

This is another developer's, not Tai Chi's

Interesting. Where is the source code?
13th January 2019, 07:24 PM |#13  
JRJ442's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Salisbury, Md
Thanks Meter: 2,343
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by M66B

Interesting. Where is the source code?

It's the same exact person . If you install Tai Chi there's links to his GitHub. There's also this one https://github.com/tiann
13th January 2019, 07:26 PM |#14  
M66B's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 37,663
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRJ442

It's the same exact person . If you install Tai Chi there's links to his GitHub. There's also this one https://github.com/tiann

Then I have the exact same problem. Too risky for me.
13th January 2019, 11:54 PM |#15  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 109
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRJ442

It's the same exact person . If you install Tai Chi there's links to his GitHub. There's also this one https://github.com/tiann

https://forum.xda-developers.com/xpo...tions-t3889513
I'm talking about this,not Tai Chi
14th January 2019, 07:48 AM |#16  
M66B's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 37,663
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xiaoxiaozy

https://forum.xda-developers.com/xpo...tions-t3889513
I'm talking about this,not Tai Chi

At first glance that seems to be open source, which is good, but it is incompatible with Xposed.
17th January 2019, 12:34 PM |#17  
Junior Member
Flag Muzaffarpur
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
@M66B I meant unless @rovo89 adds xposed support for pie
23rd January 2019, 11:45 AM |#18  
Senior Member
Flag Innsbruck
Thanks Meter: 97
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by M66B

At first glance that seems to be open source, which is good, but it is incompatible with Xposed.

not sure if I understand this ... some people in the thread did install those zips and got a working xposed in the end and could use some xposed modules.

I would love to see some solution to get your XprivacyLua working on newer phones. You think I should avoid to try it that way?
23rd January 2019, 08:51 PM |#19  
M66B's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 37,663
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_at

not sure if I understand this ... some people in the thread did install those zips and got a working xposed in the end and could use some xposed modules.

I would love to see some solution to get your XprivacyLua working on newer phones. You think I should avoid to try it that way?

I am not sure about the state of the project and if the project is 100% open source, so I don't know. Unfortunately, I have not a supported device, so I cannot try as well.
24th January 2019, 04:49 AM |#20  
mlgmxyysd's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Jiaozuo,Henan,China
Thanks Meter: 20
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by M66B

Interesting, but are there instructions in English and is Tai-Chi Magisk free to use and open source?

My advice is not to use closed source software which modifies Android at system level like for example Xposed and Magisk do because nobody can check what the software actually does.

Tai chi is impossible to open-source.
25th January 2019, 05:56 PM |#21  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 87
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlgmxyysd

Tai chi is impossible to open-source.

I am curious why it is impossible to release the source code.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes