Remove All Ads from XDA

[UNOFFICIAL][Magisk][Nov 28] Xposed v87.0 - Universal Systemless Compatibility

1,698 posts
Thanks Meter: 26,232

By topjohnwu, Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor on 29th May 2016, 08:22 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
31st May 2016, 10:41 PM |#21  
Senior Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt?
Thanks Meter: 83,997

Donate to Me
More
I don't run Xposed so I haven't tried anything, but aside from the points you raise yourself in the OP I have some comments:

(1) sukernel. Why are you including sukernel in the package? It should already be installed by SuperSU into /su/bin? Expect issues with this in the future.

(2) /su/lib: I see you are using both /su/lib and /su/lib64. /su/lib should be used for max-bits binaries: 32 bit on 32 bit systems, 64 bit on 64 bit systems - not 32 bit on 64 bit systems. Please use /su/lib32 and /su/lib64 instead if that fits better with your setup.
The Following 34 Users Say Thank You to Chainfire For This Useful Post: [ View ]

31st May 2016, 11:15 PM |#22  
Flag Auckland
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Systemless SU
Quote:
Originally Posted by topjohnwu

Changelog

• v85.1
    Fixed flash script not installing files issue
  • v85.0
    Initial release

I hope you'll excuse the nube question, but where can I find Systemless SU? I'm currently running v2.65 Pro on MM. I have NOT selected "Install SuperSU into /system" ... does that mean my setup is Systemless?

---------- Post added at 10:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 AM ----------

Quote:

I'm lazy and I didn't build Xposed from source. I hex edited the binaries to load and detect the correct files for systemless.
The arm and arm64 version is modified from Wanam's Xposed. The x86 version is modified from the official Xposed released by rovo89.

Damn! To think I was just about to install this ... I'm now glad I read the rest of the comments. It seems that there's still more work to do to make it polished. I'll keep my eye on it ... great work though =)
31st May 2016, 11:41 PM |#23  
Flag Kansas City
Thanks Meter: 4,350

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire

I don't run Xposed so I haven't tried anything, but aside from the points you raise yourself in the OP I have some comments:

(1) sukernel. Why are you including sukernel in the package? It should already be installed by SuperSU into /su/bin? Expect issues with this in the future.

(2) /su/lib: I see you are using both /su/lib and /su/lib64. /su/lib should be used for max-bits binaries: 32 bit on 32 bit systems, 64 bit on 64 bit systems - not 32 bit on 64 bit systems. Please use /su/lib32 and /su/lib64 instead if that fits better with your setup.

1) Easy to fix.

2) This replicates the setup already in place by Android itself on your /system partition. The libraries in /su/lib (or /system/lib in a non-systemless Xposed) are used by the 32-bit Zygote (and some of the *oat tools in /system/bin). The same is true of the libraries in /su/lib64 or /system/lib64; they are used by the 64-bit Zygote. Android has no /system/lib32 (at least my Nexus phones don't). Are you proposing the layout set forth by Android should be abandon when placing files into /su's file system?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to romracer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift romracer Ad-Free
31st May 2016, 11:55 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Installed it on s7 edge. Xposed is working, but I can't test if android pay is working (can't install it through play store).
When I disable xposed then all xposed apps aren't working after reboot.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G935F mit Tapatalk
1st June 2016, 12:09 AM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 3,144

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterv1

Installed it on s7 edge. Xposed is working, but I can't test if android pay is working (can't install it through play store).
When I disable xposed then all xposed apps aren't working after reboot.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G935F mit Tapatalk

Of course the xposed modules are not working when xposed is disabled.. That's the definition of disabled = not usable. The option to disable xposed is there to (possibly) get android pay to work. Right now it's either or. The advantage of this systemless xposed is that it only requires quick reboot to switch between on and off, and not uninstalling whole xposed framework from system, which then causes all apps to optimize, which in turn takes time.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr.Yawnie For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mr.Yawnie Ad-Free
1st June 2016, 12:12 AM |#26  
Senior Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt?
Thanks Meter: 83,997

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by romracer

2) This replicates the setup already in place by Android itself on your /system partition. The libraries in /su/lib (or /system/lib in a non-systemless Xposed) are used by the 32-bit Zygote (and some of the *oat tools in /system/bin). The same is true of the libraries in /su/lib64 or /system/lib64; they are used by the 64-bit Zygote. Android has no /system/lib32 (at least my Nexus phones don't). Are you proposing the layout set forth by Android should be abandon when placing files into /su's file system?

/su was created for SuperSU, what the layout is in /system is irrelevant, it was never meant to reflect /system. SuperSU installs the most-bits version of its tools (32-bits on 32-bit devices, 64-bit on 64-bit devices) in /su/bin and /su/lib. It has never made the distinction because there's always only one version installed.

I am not proposing anything. I am simply warning that this can potentially end up mixing 32-bit and 64-bit libraries in the same folder, which is a jolly bad idea, and it will at some point end up making some binary malfunction. A work-around is using lib32 and lib64 instead (or if the entire folder is going to be bound, lib32_bind and lib64_bind).
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Chainfire For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st June 2016, 12:38 AM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 59

More
Thanks for creating this! Will the systemless changes be submitted to rovo89 for consideration?
1st June 2016, 01:03 AM |#28  
Flag São Paulo
Thanks Meter: 189

More
Now my bootlogo says kernel is not enforcing!

how to get rid of it?
1st June 2016, 01:15 AM |#29  
Flag Whittier,CA
Thanks Meter: 5,903

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by topjohnwu

The x86 version has a few downloads now.
Is the x86 working as expected? Can anyone report if it works?

I am very excited that you put this together and that you have the HTC 10 (as I do) so I know that everything will work if I properly follow the steps. Are you s-off or s-on? Also did you change CID and/or MID? I am looking to keep my T-Mobile firmware (for now) because I got the 30 channel Sling TV package for $13.99 a month and I want to keep that discount! I am bone stock because I was pretty much hoping that this would come along... HUGE THANKS for your work!

---------- Post added at 01:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by koko115

Any one test this xposed in Galaxy S7 ?
Edit.
I try on S7 and no framework loaded. ;-(

Did the developers ever get Xposed working on the S6 or S6 Edge? I am not being a smarta$$, I just remember a period where it wasn't playing nicely with Samsung's ART modifications
1st June 2016, 01:17 AM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Nice, seems to work on LG G5..
1st June 2016, 01:26 AM |#31  
Flag Whittier,CA
Thanks Meter: 5,903

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5upon

Hmm. How did you test? I used to get blocked by SafetyNet when I tried to add a card. Today, after deactivating Xposed and rebooting, I was able to add a card, but I haven't tried to make a purchase yet.

I'll switch to systemless Xposed the next time I update my ROM. Hopefully it will become the default install method. @rovo89 mentioned the possibility of going systemless a while ago but said he didn't plan to work on it.

Sometimes you can add a card but it won't work when you go to pay. This is as far as people got using Xposed and Root Cloak module before these new goodies came along.

---------- Post added at 01:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cass67

Nice, seems to work on LG G5..

Did you actually use Android Pay to buy something or just add the card? If you already tested paying, I am getting everything ready as soon as I get back home!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android pay, ota, systemless, xposed

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)