Remove All Ads from XDA

[2019.5.1][Magisk] Systemless Xposed v89.3/v90.2-beta3 (SDK 21-27)

1,839 posts
Thanks Meter: 56,728

By topjohnwu, Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor on 29th May 2016, 08:22 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
1st June 2016, 01:41 AM |#31  
Flag Kansas City
Thanks Meter: 4,361

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire

/su was created for SuperSU, what the layout is in /system is irrelevant, it was never meant to reflect /system. SuperSU installs the most-bits version of its tools (32-bits on 32-bit devices, 64-bit on 64-bit devices) in /su/bin and /su/lib. It has never made the distinction because there's always only one version installed.

I am not proposing anything. I am simply warning that this can potentially end up mixing 32-bit and 64-bit libraries in the same folder, which is a jolly bad idea, and it will at some point end up making some binary malfunction. A work-around is using lib32 and lib64 instead (or if the entire folder is going to be bound, lib32_bind and lib64_bind).

Sorry, I'm not trying to be obtuse, it was a genuine question. As the options for "system-less" things expands, I think these are valid questions so that we can be sure to all follow the same guidelines.

If no special meaning should be held to the layout of /system, then its no problem to use /su/lib32 and /su/lib64. Perhaps it adds additional complexity to falling back to /system/lib (when relevant) but only trivially so. I guess in hindsight SuperSU could have used /su/lib64 when appropriate, but SuperSU's implementation should be treated as a blackbox anyway (imho) so we shouldn't expect SuperSU to fit "our" patterns.

Regarding mixing libraries, can you elaborate? Is it possible for the dynamic linker to load a 32-bit library into a 64-bit binary (or vice-versa)? I've never had luck with that. Additionally, unless these /su/lib* paths are being added to every process's LD_LIBRARY_PATH, how is the linker ever going to even find them? Remember, at least for Xposed, the libraries placed there are bind mounted to /system (where the linker is actually looking).

Lastly, regarding lib32_bind and lib64_bind, are these documented anywhere? I find nothing in Google for them except for your earlier post today. They seem like what we really want anyway (at least here).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to romracer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift romracer Ad-Free

1st June 2016, 02:05 AM |#32  
Thanks Meter: 48

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCorleone

Sometimes you can add a card but it won't work when you go to pay. This is as far as people got using Xposed and Root Cloak module before these new goodies came along.

---------- Post added at 01:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 AM ----------

Did you actually use Android Pay to buy something or just add the card? If you already tested paying, I am getting everything ready as soon as I get back home!

Not used it yet, added card only.

Though have found an issue, after disabling xposed via toggle and rebooting it appears that the toggle has gone to re-enable xposed, installing the same framework or installer app seems not to fix it. Installer sees framework is installed but just not active.. Dunno what im missing here..

Edit - not missing anything, its a bug. Post 751 on material design installer thread describes this toggle behaviour.
1st June 2016, 02:08 AM |#33  
Flag Forster, NSW, Australia
Thanks Meter: 251

More
Installed this to my Oppo Find 7 (arm 32 bit) running OmniROM 6.0
Working nicely!
Will be interesting to apply the next full Omni update and see what survives.

I don't care about Android Pay.
The Following User Says Thank You to RobboW For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RobboW Ad-Free
1st June 2016, 02:45 AM |#34  
Flag Tallin
Thanks Meter: 292

Donate to Me
More
Did anyone test it on Samsung touchwiz?(in my case galaxy note 4)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using XDA Labs
1st June 2016, 02:46 AM |#35  
OP Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Taipei

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire

I don't run Xposed so I haven't tried anything, but aside from the points you raise yourself in the OP I have some comments:

(1) sukernel. Why are you including sukernel in the package? It should already be installed by SuperSU into /su/bin? Expect issues with this in the future.

(2) /su/lib: I see you are using both /su/lib and /su/lib64. /su/lib should be used for max-bits binaries: 32 bit on 32 bit systems, 64 bit on 64 bit systems - not 32 bit on 64 bit systems. Please use /su/lib32 and /su/lib64 instead if that fits better with your setup.

Thanks for the heads up! I learned a lot from your systemless SuperSU, also shamelessly "borrowed" your ramdisk patching binary to save a lot of headache unpacking/repacking boot image . Here I'll answer the questions
  1. The flashing script will also handle the case that /data is not able to mount, such as devices with proprietary encryption that TWRP cannot decrypt correctly. I'll create /cache/su.img if /data/su.img and /cache/su.img are both not found, and place the files over there. I this case, we cannot access the sukernel installed into su.img. Then the mount_xposed.sh should merge /cache/su.img to /data/su.img (the same thing you've done in launch_daemonsu.sh).
    What are the disadvantages including the binaries in the package? May you tell me the potential issues that might happen in the future?
  2. Just like what @romracer said, I reflected the layout of /system, so that the flashing script is easy to write. I can separate the library installing commands with their own functions, but I don't see what will really cause problems. I bind mount individual files in the folders, not mirror the whole directory into system. If you're really concerned about the issue, a better way is to put all Xposed released files into a directory, and reflect system folders as subdirectories in that folder (so I don't have to massively change my flashing script).

Again, many thanks, Chainfire
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to topjohnwu For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st June 2016, 03:57 AM |#36  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mati_boy

Works great! Only the app says xposed 85.0 is installed but it's actually 85.1. Probably something you didn't edit because twrp also thought it was 85.0

Did you figure a way to let it show? All the pictures I'm seeing seems to be only showing on the 64bit version but not the 32bit version like OPO......
Any thoughts?
1st June 2016, 04:20 AM |#37  
OP Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Taipei

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nansah

Did you figure a way to let it show? All the pictures I'm seeing seems to be only showing on the 64bit version but not the 32bit version like OPO......
Any thoughts?

Nah... maybe I forgot to update xposed.prop in the arm version.
If everything is working fine for you, then it's good. v85.0 and v85.1 only differs in the flash script, the files are the same.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to topjohnwu For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st June 2016, 04:25 AM |#38  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Thanks for the clarification, I appreciate that ????
1st June 2016, 04:46 AM |#39  
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 5,105

More
I already have the official xposed installed with systemless root. Can I just use the official uninstaller and then flash this? Or is there another protocol besides doing a complete wipe?
1st June 2016, 05:48 AM |#40  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Any idea if this will work on the N previews? I know you say specifically Marshmallow, but isn't that only because systemless is only Marshmallow+?
1st June 2016, 06:54 AM |#41  
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 786

More
Confirmed working on the Nexus 6!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to harpin14789 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift harpin14789 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android pay, ota, systemless, xposed

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)