Remove All Ads from XDA

[2019.5.1][Magisk] Systemless Xposed v89.3/v90.2-beta3 (SDK 21-27)

1,839 posts
Thanks Meter: 56,870

By topjohnwu, Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor on 29th May 2016, 08:22 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
1st June 2016, 06:54 AM |#41  
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 786

More
Confirmed working on the Nexus 6!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to harpin14789 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift harpin14789 Ad-Free

1st June 2016, 07:30 AM |#42  
Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt?
Thanks Meter: 88,052

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by romracer

Sorry, I'm not trying to be obtuse, it was a genuine question. As the options for "system-less" things expands, I think these are valid questions so that we can be sure to all follow the same guidelines.

If no special meaning should be held to the layout of /system, then its no problem to use /su/lib32 and /su/lib64. Perhaps it adds additional complexity to falling back to /system/lib (when relevant) but only trivially so. I guess in hindsight SuperSU could have used /su/lib64 when appropriate, but SuperSU's implementation should be treated as a blackbox anyway (imho) so we shouldn't expect SuperSU to fit "our" patterns.

In hindsight, yes, SuperSU might have better used lib64. But by the time that became clear the setup as it is now was running on many devices, so I did not bother changing it.

Quote:

Regarding mixing libraries, can you elaborate? Is it possible for the dynamic linker to load a 32-bit library into a 64-bit binary (or vice-versa)? I've never had luck with that. Additionally, unless these /su/lib* paths are being added to every process's LD_LIBRARY_PATH, how is the linker ever going to even find them? Remember, at least for Xposed, the libraries placed there are bind mounted to /system (where the linker is actually looking).

It's not possible to load 32-bit libraries into a 64-bit binary, nor the other way around. The problem comes from more people starting to use this mechanism, some will eventually start running things with this directory on the LD_LIBRARY_PATH - which supolicy already does, btw. Now if someone places a library there with the same name as a system library, but the wrong bits, things will stop working.

Quote:

Lastly, regarding lib32_bind and lib64_bind, are these documented anywhere? I find nothing in Google for them except for your earlier post today. They seem like what we really want anyway (at least here).

They aren't documented nor does it do anything special out of the box. It is just that the /system/xbin overlay is named /su/xbin_bind, so it would keep with the theme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by topjohnwu

Thanks for the heads up! I learned a lot from your systemless SuperSU, also shamelessly "borrowed" your ramdisk patching binary to save a lot of headache unpacking/repacking boot image . Here I'll answer the questions

The flashing script will also handle the case that /data is not able to mount, such as devices with proprietary encryption that TWRP cannot decrypt correctly. I'll create /cache/su.img if /data/su.img and /cache/su.img are both not found, and place the files over there. I this case, we cannot access the sukernel installed into su.img. Then the mount_xposed.sh should merge /cache/su.img to /data/su.img (the same thing you've done in launch_daemonsu.sh).
What are the disadvantages including the binaries in the package? May you tell me the potential issues that might happen in the future?

Ah that makes sense. I'm just concerned about redistributing SuperSU only partially, binaries going out-of-sync, etc. Note that you can place a script ( /data/custom_ramdisk_patch.sh ) to modify the ramdisk during SuperSU flash, so you could rely on the SuperSU package doing all the heavy lifting for you (unpacking/repacking/flashing, making sure the binaries are available and up to date, etc).

What exactly was the issue with using the normal launch_daemonsu.sh script anyway? You did mention it didn't work, but no elaboration as to why.

Quote:

Just like what @romracer said, I reflected the layout of /system, so that the flashing script is easy to write. I can separate the library installing commands with their own functions, but I don't see what will really cause problems. I bind mount individual files in the folders, not mirror the whole directory into system. If you're really concerned about the issue, a better way is to put all Xposed released files into a directory, and reflect system folders as subdirectories in that folder (so I don't have to massively change my flashing script).

Please see my reply to romracer above. It's not so much an issue that you are doing it now, but if everybody starts doing it, at some point things will absolutely break.

Putting all the files under /su/xposed is of course also an option. I'd consider that a cleaner option than what is happening now, at least.

Of course, all of this is your call. I'm just giving you my thoughts on the matter.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Chainfire For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st June 2016, 08:29 AM |#43  
Flag Aberdeen
Thanks Meter: 205

More
Installed as described, but getting this. Cannot read log/data/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer/log/error.log: open failed: ENOENT (No such file or directory). Exposed framework 85.1 is installed but not active. And cannot activate any modules. Arm64 device with SuperSU 2.74 systemless.
1st June 2016, 08:32 AM |#44  
Flag Germany
Thanks Meter: 169

More
First to say: your systemless version of xposed is working.

But in combination with a custom kernel (e.g. ElementalX) it is not working and even breaks root. I think it is because of your intergration of the modified boot image wich comes with SuperSU itselfs.

Okay, in regard to be able for OTA's, it makes sense not to use a custom kernel.

In my case using a custom kernel has many advantages. So I decided to go back to rovo's xposed where everything is working fine for me.

But for the future, could it be possible not to bind systemless xposed to the modified boot Image?
The Following User Says Thank You to Bat-Maniac For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Bat-Maniac Ad-Free
1st June 2016, 08:36 AM |#45  
Flag Delaware
Thanks Meter: 2,844

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azphreal

Any idea if this will work on the N previews? I know you say specifically Marshmallow, but isn't that only because systemless is only Marshmallow+?

Is there Xposed for N? No.
1st June 2016, 08:47 AM |#46  
Flag Bansk√° Bystrica, Slovakia
Thanks Meter: 2,036

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahrion

I already have the official xposed installed with systemless root. Can I just use the official uninstaller and then flash this? Or is there another protocol besides doing a complete wipe?

If you want to install OTA, you need to reflash (or restore) system, not only use uninstaller.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Labs
1st June 2016, 08:57 AM |#47  
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 5,116

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ja_som

If you want to install OTA, you need to reflash (or restore) system, not only use uninstaller.

That's weird. Cuz I literally just uninstalled xposed 85 and installed xposed 85.1. It works flawlessly.
1st June 2016, 09:00 AM |#48  
Flag Bansk√° Bystrica, Slovakia
Thanks Meter: 2,036

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahrion

That's weird. Cuz I literally just uninstalled xposed 85 and installed xposed 85.1. It works flawlessly.

I did not say, that systemless Xposed will not work, I said that you will not be able to install OTA, even with systemless Xposed.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Labs
The Following User Says Thank You to Ja_som For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ja_som Ad-Free
1st June 2016, 09:11 AM |#49  
Flag Aberdeen
Thanks Meter: 205

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by koko115

In /su i dont see any xposed files

---------- Post added 30-05-2016 at 12:04 AM ---------- Previous post was 29-05-2016 at 11:40 PM ----------

I manually put missing this 3 files to /su and works great. THX

What files? Im having the same issues you had.
1st June 2016, 09:13 AM |#50  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Hey Guys, where can i find the systemless SuperSU? Is there a special Thread here on XDA?
1st June 2016, 09:22 AM |#51  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Is it normal to not see the toggle switch after disabling and rebooting? Do I need to flash it again to get Xposed working?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android pay, ota, systemless, xposed

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)