Remove All Ads from XDA

[2019.5.1][Magisk] Systemless Xposed v89.3/v90.2-beta3 (SDK 21-27)

1,839 posts
Thanks Meter: 56,857

By topjohnwu, Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor on 29th May 2016, 08:22 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th June 2016, 12:52 AM |#531  
Thanks Meter: 692

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Yawnie

Supersu works just fine on CM as long as built-in root is disabled. There's no issues whatsoever. And your Xposed point only applies to some modules that affect system apps or system frameworks such as GravityBox. Actually, many universal Xposed mods work better on CM than heavily modified manufacturer UI's such as TouchWiz. Also, you can do a lot more with xposed than to modify system apps or framework. You can hook into downloaded apps and do wonders. That doesn't affect the system in any way, nor will it have any conflicts with system behavior, was it CM or TouchWiz or Nexus or whatever.

Ofc it's highly dependent on which rom one is using. There's official CM and then there's many roms built on top of it. Everything has always been smooth with Xposed on all CM roms I've ever tried. Only issues I've ever had with Xposed was with AOSP based rom.

Ps. You want to know why Xposed is not supported by many rom devs? - because most of the times the errors users get with Xposed are not related to Xposed framework nor the compatibility with the rom, but to the modules the users have installed. It's not the rom dev's issue if module A breaks something in the rom itself, it's out of their control.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

That's why I used the words does not work well and officially... By the way, it's not me asking what are the capabilities of xposed as I know all those... I don't know what's your point popping up just like that mate... If you want to help the guy, then do so...

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

13th June 2016, 01:18 AM |#532  
Flag Nueva Esparta
Thanks Meter: 57

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddy0209

But you are using CM, maybe that's your problem... Why even bother using systemless in a custom rom?

---------- Post added at 11:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 PM ----------

Then use the alternative version for systemless too...

Many games and social apps will detect either root or xposed and won't allow you to use them, that's why I'm using systemless also the new safrtynet will disable more and more app as it get implemented. Right now this is .y safrtynet results. Also I want to keep my device update since motorola is dropping support.

Sent from my Motorola Moto X using XDA Labs
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2016-06-12-20-17-43.png
Views:	324
Size:	119.7 KB
ID:	3780940  
13th June 2016, 01:47 AM |#533  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielcr12

Many games and social apps will detect either root or xposed and won't allow you to use them, that's why I'm using systemless also the new safrtynet will disable more and more app as it get implemented. Right now this is .y safrtynet results. Also I want to keep my device update since motorola is dropping support.

Aw, so that's why you're using CM and is based on lp... It sucks when oem's drops support for a device, but that's the way it has been, so we have to adopt... You better wait if the dev can do something about it... Or you could try other available roms for your device, perhaps an aosp based...

13th June 2016, 01:55 AM |#534  
Flag Nueva Esparta
Thanks Meter: 57

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Aw, so that's why you're using CM and is based on lp... It sucks when oem's drops support for a device, but that's the way it has been, so we have to adopt... You better wait if the dev can do something about it... Or you could try other available roms for your device, perhaps an aosp based...

Lest hope he can work something out, I'm up for providing logs and all the info needed

13th June 2016, 02:14 AM |#535  
Recognized Contributor
Gotham
Thanks Meter: 5,531

More
@DVDandroid

I have encountered the second error in the FAQ section where it says "Xposed Framework version 85.5 (Systemless by topjohnwu) is installed, but not active. Please check the logs for details." as demonstrated in the screenshot below.
Here is the link to the logs "recovery.log and liveboot.log"
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jx3fu9xrz...7dmjKthva?dl=0

HTC One M9
Android 6.0
MaximusHD ROM 7.0.0 (stock ROM)
Systemless root installed
Systemless Xposed v85.5 sdk23 arm64 installed
Xposed installer v3.0 alpha4 by dvdandroid

Hope I am clear enough
Thank you!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using XDA Labs
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20160613-030002.png
Views:	300
Size:	112.7 KB
ID:	3780960  
13th June 2016, 05:02 AM |#536  
Thanks Meter: 3,160

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

That's why I used the words does not work well and officially... By the way, it's not me asking what are the capabilities of xposed as I know all those... I don't know what's your point popping up just like that mate... If you want to help the guy, then do so...

Well, as I said, xposed works at least as well on CM than on any OEM version of Android, often even better. Besides, OEM's (nor Google) don't support xposed either, do they?

I just let you know many reasons why one would install systemless xposed on CM roms, when you were asking why would one do that.

Not a personal attack towards you, just an eye opener

The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.Yawnie For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mr.Yawnie Ad-Free
13th June 2016, 06:37 AM |#537  

More
As I said, I am well aware of the capabilities of xposed... I was having a conversation with someone... I did quote, right?.., and he already gave his answer... I don't know why you think I was asking in general...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Yawnie

Well, as I said, xposed works at least as well on CM than on any OEM version of Android, often even better. Besides, OEM's (nor Google) don't support xposed either, do they?

I just let you know many reasons why one would install systemless xposed on CM roms, when you were asking why would one do that.

Not a personal attack towards you, just an eye opener

13th June 2016, 06:44 AM |#538  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Can somebody help me with installing systemless xposed on RR?
So far this is what i have tried.
I have installed systemless supersu
I have tried to install systemless xposed and i get a successful message post installing but when i open xposed app, it says xposed is not installed.
the normal version of xposed installs just fine but i am wanting to install systemless.
Any help with respect to this would be of much help. Thanks
I am using an Onplus 2 running RESURRECTION REMIX (latest build)
13th June 2016, 07:39 AM |#539  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya

Can somebody help me with installing systemless xposed on RR?
So far this is what i have tried.
I have installed systemless supersu
I have tried to install systemless xposed and i get a successful message post installing but when i open xposed app, it says xposed is not installed.
the normal version of xposed installs just fine but i am wanting to install systemless.
Any help with respect to this would be of much help. Thanks
I am using an Onplus 2 running RESURRECTION REMIX (latest build)

Did supersu successfully install as systemless? You can check in the supersu app in settings under system (it should say not available in system-less root mode)...

The Following User Says Thank You to teddy0209 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift teddy0209 Ad-Free
13th June 2016, 07:55 AM |#540  
Flag Puglia
Thanks Meter: 3,721

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mostafa Wael

@DVDandroid

I have encountered the second error in the FAQ section where it says "Xposed Framework version 85.5 (Systemless by topjohnwu) is installed, but not active. Please check the logs for details." as demonstrated in the screenshot below.
Here is the link to the logs "recovery.log and liveboot.log"
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jx3fu9xrz...7dmjKthva?dl=0

HTC One M9
Android 6.0
MaximusHD ROM 7.0.0 (stock ROM)
Systemless root installed
Systemless Xposed v85.5 sdk23 arm64 installed
Xposed installer v3.0 alpha4 by dvdandroid

Hope I am clear enough
Thank you!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using XDA Labs

I'm sorry, but I can't help you. Xposed Installer app works fine; Xposed initialization doesn't work.
Maybe @topjohnwu can help you.
Here are some of the log line that I extrapolated:

Code:
@line396
36,2789,6025012,-;type=1400 audit(1465779310.499:8): avc: denied { write } for pid=526 comm="e2fsck" name="xposed.img" dev="mmcblk0p67" ino=13 scontext=u:r:fsck:s0 tcontext=u:object_r:system_data_file:s0 tclass=file permissive=0
@line397
38,2790,6072949,-;type=1400 audit(1465779310.549:9): avc: denied { mounton } for pid=533 comm="mount" path="/xposed" dev="loop0" ino=2 scontext=u:r:init:s0 tcontext=u:object_r:system_file:s0 tclass=dir permissive=1

@from line 1069 to 1085 
I/Xposed  (  525): Mount: Image mount failed, use manual loop mount 
6,3377,6720009,-;read descriptors
E/AudioDaemon(  679): No audio device events detected
6,3378,6720031,-;read strings
E/AudioDaemon(  679): put cur_state to online
6,3379,6720039,-;[USB]ffs_ep0_write:line#356, ret of __ffs_data_got_strings=0
E/AudioDaemon(  679): sound card up is deteced before while
6,3380,6720066,-;[USB]ffs_ep0_write:line#361, ret of ffs_epfiles_create=0
E/AudioDaemon(  679): bootup_complete set to 1
6,3381,6720073,-;[USB]functionfs_bind:line#1320
E/AudioDaemon(  679): read for event state change before while
6,3382,6720082,-;[USB]functionfs_bind:line#1351,set ffs->gadget
W/e2fsck  (  526): type=1400 audit(0.0:8): avc: denied { write } for name="xposed.img" dev="mmcblk0p67" ino=13 scontext=u:r:fsck:s0 tcontext=u:object_r:system_data_file:s0 tclass=file permissive=0
6,3383,6720089,-;[USB] android_enable: android_enable: disable_depth 2 -> 1
I/mount   (  533): type=1400 audit(0.0:9): avc: denied { mounton } for path="/xposed" dev="loop0" ino=2 scontext=u:r:init:s0 tcontext=u:object_r:system_file:s0 tclass=dir permissive=1
6,3384,6720097,-;[USB] android_enable: android_enable: disable_depth 1 -> 0
I/Xposed  (  538): Mount: Image mount still fails...
The Following User Says Thank You to DVDandroid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DVDandroid Ad-Free
13th June 2016, 08:47 AM |#541  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 524

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabbro16Hz

Systemless is working only with SuperSU v.2.74-2 or is working also with SuperSU v.2.65?
P.S. the version 2.74-2 of SuperSu is not working on my zenfone 2 laser ze500kl

Yes, it will work with v2.65.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android pay, ota, systemless, xposed

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)