Remove All Ads from XDA

[2019.5.1][Magisk] Systemless Xposed v89.3/v90.2-beta3 (SDK 21-27)

1,838 posts
Thanks Meter: 56,502

By topjohnwu, Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor on 29th May 2016, 08:22 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
21st May 2019, 04:58 PM |#8111  
Flag Kharkov
Thanks Meter: 98

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffswallow

I updated Magisk to 19.2/7.2.0 and found that after the update it had rendered the systemless exposed module inactive. Though it shows up in the modules list as active within Magisk Manager the Xposed Installer app states that it is not installed.

So in turn I updated the systemless xposed module (2019.05.01) and after the restart found myself stuck in a bootloop. It would appear that the all-in-one installer installed the standard version of xposed for my API-level (sdk 23, MM6.0) and not the wanam/samsung modified version I had been using prior, which does not cause bootloops.

(As an aside I did have a similar problem with Magisk 18, and could not use the systemless-xposed-wanam-zip because it had been keyed to accept Magisk versions lower than 18, and the zip was not updated to accept installation with newer versions...I incorrectly assumed that the all-in-one update perhaps fixed this issue.)

Considering systemless xposed requires Magisk to run as a prerequisite I uninstalled magisk using the TWRP-compatible zip file believing it would prevent it from running...but the bootloop still occurs.

I have a Samsung J7 (2015), SM-J700T running Android 6.0 Marshmallow. The data partition is Samsung encrypted and TWRP is unable to access it.

Is there any way to disable the module without having access to the system being loaded to disable/delete it via Magisk Manager? And if so, can a solution be performed without having access to the /data partition?

(I suppose the other question is whether anyone knows of a TWRP-mod/similar recovery that can access Samsung encryption to read the /data partition, but that's for a different thread.)

Although nothing on my device is critical I would appreciate not having to lose the existing data and having to start from scratch. Should I have transferred/backed-up/made a copy? Probably. But updating Magisk has been straightforward and without difficulties for quite some time that I evidently developed a false sense of security.

Any assistance on this would really be appreciated
Thanks in advance

I have installed Magisk 19.2 as well (using TWRP). After that I download common Xposed.zip from Magisk repo and flashed it thru TWRP.
All is running OK)))

PS rovo89 inform that 'most likely module will never get any updates in the future' (((

23rd May 2019, 02:36 AM |#8112  
Thanks Meter: 44

More
This all in one xposed zip is causing bootlooop on Mi max 2 Nougat base miui 10, but i have nougat xposed systemless zip sdk25, its working great, please fix this issue
23rd May 2019, 07:55 AM |#8113  
Flag Qaqortoq
Thanks Meter: 13,260

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sachin karinki

This all in one xposed zip is causing bootlooop on Mi max 2 Nougat base miui 10, but i have nougat xposed systemless zip sdk25, its working great, please fix this issue

Without logs and further info? Impossible.
26th May 2019, 04:29 AM |#8114  
Thanks Meter: 48

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by topjohnwu

Prerequisite
Magisk is required to be installed on your device!
Magisk - The Universal Systemless Interface

Support Devices
All Magisk compatible devices

Downloads
My Xposed zip is universal across all architectures and Android versions.
https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=1395089523397956629

Install Guide
Install the XposedInstaller in the attachments
Follow the instructions in the Magisk release thread to install Magisk on to your device
Install Xposed within Magisk Manager's Download Section, or download the zip and flash in custom recovery
For uninstallation, remove the Xposed Magisk Module within Magisk Manager

Systemless Xposed does not pass SafetyNet!!!

Credits
@rovo89 for creating Xposed

Source
All binaries are downloaded and repacked from either places:
Official build from rovo89
I did not recompile/change anything how Xposed works, the behavior should be 100% identical to original sources, if you experience any Xposed issues, please directly report to the original threads.

Donation
Please donate to rovo89, the master of Xposed
http://repo.xposed.info/donate
If you like my work, you can also donate to me
https://www.paypal.me/topjohnwu

Any exposed module for kitkat?

---------- Post added at 04:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 AM ----------

26th May 2019, 07:06 AM |#8115  
Flag Kharkov
Thanks Meter: 98

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paleskin

---------- Post added at 04:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 AM ----------

As far as I know, there is no Xposed * .zip for KitKat (API 19). Use https://repo.xposed.info/module/de.r...osed.installer instead.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/xpo...dback-t2788124
26th May 2019, 07:09 AM |#8116  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodlikePL

Hello,

I have HTC M9 with Magisk 14 and Magisk Manager 5.3.0. I installed apk from first post but there's no xposed in Downloads section. It this because my Manager may be outdated? Im not sure if its safe to update it.

It seems I can't refresh repository modules too.

Installing through TWRP doesn't work too:

Any idea how to fix this? These apps with non transparent on screen buttons are driving me mad, im installing xposed just for fixing that. Latest magisk is not an option on this phone.

Regards

Perhaps you don't have to go with the absolute latest version of Magisk. Try just updating to the next version and see if it'll start working.

Also, check my post just a few posts upthread... I tried the link in the first post, too, and it failed. So I searched for TopJohnWu's AndroidFileHost archive and installed from there.
26th May 2019, 10:40 AM |#8117  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
@Lusty Rugnuts
I tried it already, same result. Unfortunately I can't even touch Magisk on this phone. If you change it to any other version = instant bootloop. There are tons of bricked M9 devices everywhere. For this device only one Magisk version for every ROM version. I won't be able to install xposed it seems
26th May 2019, 01:26 PM |#8118  
Thanks Meter: 48

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by amg314

As far as I know, there is no Xposed * .zip for KitKat (API 19). Use https://repo.xposed.info/module/de.r...osed.installer instead.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/xpo...dback-t2788124

I did, and also with solarwarez version, both Bootlooped on KitKat with security patch jan 2019
26th May 2019, 08:06 PM |#8119  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodlikePL

@Lusty Rugnuts
I tried it already, same result. Unfortunately I can't even touch Magisk on this phone. If you change it to any other version = instant bootloop. There are tons of bricked M9 devices everywhere. For this device only one Magisk version for every ROM version. I won't be able to install xposed it seems

Huh... well, there's always this, but you've got to be pretty advanced in Droid-foo for that.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lusty Rugnuts For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Lusty Rugnuts Ad-Free
26th May 2019, 08:10 PM |#8120  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
@Lusty Rugnuts
Thanks for the answer, im a programmer myself but this is just too much work to get it done and there may be problems with that later. I'll just leave it as it is and use immersive mode.
31st May 2019, 05:10 AM |#8121  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
So I downloaded and installed it via Magisk... and nothing appears in the app drawer. Xposed appears in the Magisk modules but I cannot do anything with it from there except disable or uninstall Xposed. There does not appear to be any "how to run" guides for it, only how to "install" it. I will try flashing it directly and see what happens.

Edit to add: Flashing directly failed as the System folder cannot be mounted. TWRP won't manually mount the partition either, even though the disk permissions have been validated.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android pay, ota, systemless, xposed

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)