Remove All Ads from XDA
H10 Turbo

VirtualXposed: Use Xposed without root, unlock the bootloader or modify system image.

32 posts
Thanks Meter: 360

Post Reply Email Thread
As we all know, Xposed needs modify system image because we need to replace the app_process and ART runtime.

In some case, This is a bit troublesome. So i wrote an App named VirtualXposed to use xposed without modify system, you can install it like a normal APP, no need root or system privilege.

VirtualXposed is like a virtual environment, in this virtual world, all app are running with the same UID, so all app running in it are under control. then we can load xposed module for any process within it. The only thing we need to do is to Implement a Java Method hook module to support Xposed runtime.

To be honest, VirtualXposed is forked from VirtualApp, just likes docker on Android platform. And the Java method hook module——epic, is a dynamic java aop method hook framework, just like dexposed.

You can refer the code on github: https://github.com/android-hacker/VirtualXposed

It's my first time here. All the things I need to learn from you
The Following 172 Users Say Thank You to weishu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift weishu Ad-Free

12th March 2018, 08:40 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
I'm not entirely sure why no one has replied to this yet. This is pretty huge, ainnit? This would allow Xposed to pass SafetyNet.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rnadomuc For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rnadomuc Ad-Free
12th March 2018, 11:56 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1,381

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnadomuc

I'm not entirely sure why no one has replied to this yet. This is pretty huge, ainnit? This would allow Xposed to pass SafetyNet.

Not just that but it can also run on unrooted phones which is even more of a break through.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KevinX8 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift KevinX8 Ad-Free
13th March 2018, 01:52 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Virustotal picks up malware
https://www.virustotal.com/fr/file/4...is/1520829060/
13th March 2018, 09:44 AM |#5  
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I was about to try it but I'm reconsidering after seen the previous post...
13th March 2018, 10:35 AM |#6  
OP Member
Flag Beijing
Thanks Meter: 360

More
I am sure that VirtualXposed is harmless, it is open source, the source code won't deceive you, you can refer the source code at: https://github.com/android-hacker/VirtualXposed (I am sorry that i can not post outside links now, xda's rule says that i must post 10 posts)

I don't know why it was misjudged as a virus, may be it is too powerful ? or it can inject code to other process without root?

Anyway, I am investiging this problem.
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to weishu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift weishu Ad-Free
13th March 2018, 02:35 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
i hope it can bypass all those detection by other program like games. let's see what it will it become when it matures. tnx
13th March 2018, 05:42 PM |#8  
Editor in Chief
Thanks Meter: 1,498

More
This is very intriguing. I pinged GermainZ to see what he thinks.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MishaalRahman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MishaalRahman Ad-Free
14th March 2018, 01:14 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssvdude

Virustotal picks up malware
https://www.virustotal.com/fr/file/4...is/1520829060/

Have you checked every file on xda and what are the results?

It does require a ton of permissions tho, so smart to be cautious.
14th March 2018, 05:16 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 1,207

More
edit: ninja'd
14th March 2018, 05:16 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 207

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by plisskenn

Have you checked every file on xda and what are the results?

It does require a ton of permissions tho, so smart to be cautious.

it would need those permissions for the cloned apps to work properly
The Following User Says Thank You to yossijoe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift yossijoe Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)