Remove All Ads from XDA
Win Honor 9 Lite

VirtualXposed: Use Xposed without root, unlock the bootloader or modify system image.

5 posts
Thanks Meter: 53

By weishu, Junior Member on 8th March 2018, 09:03 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
14th March 2018, 05:16 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 206

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by plisskenn

Have you checked every file on xda and what are the results?

It does require a ton of permissions tho, so smart to be cautious.

it would need those permissions for the cloned apps to work properly

14th March 2018, 05:03 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by plisskenn

Have you checked every file on xda and what are the results?

It does require a ton of permissions tho, so smart to be cautious.

I don't quite understand you're trying to imply. Of course I haven't. I'm sure there are false positive for other applications on xda. That doesn't mean this is one. This an unknown developer (no offense), with sparse any info in the first post, not alot of testimonials Further more this almost seems to good to be true, hence why I'm wary. That said if this works great, that's fantastic and I'm impressed. I'm glad it's open source too. No need to get snarky about it.
17th March 2018, 09:25 AM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by weishu

As we all know, Xposed needs modify system image because we need to replace the app_process and ART runtime.

In some case, This is a bit troublesome. So i wrote an App named VirtualXposed to use xposed without modify system, you can install it like a normal APP, no need root or system privilege.

VirtualXposed is like a virtual environment, in this virtual world, all app are running with the same UID, so all app running in it are under control. then we can load xposed module for any process within it. The only thing we need to do is to Implement a Java Method hook module to support Xposed runtime.

To be honest, VirtualXposed is forked from VirtualApp, just likes docker on Android platform. And the Java method hook module——epic, is a dynamic java aop method hook framework, just like dexposed.

You can refer the code on github: https://github.com/android-hacker/VirtualXposed

It's my first time here. All the things I need to learn from you

Hi all,

Is anyone testing VirtualXposed with the Xposed module XPrivacyLua ?

Thanks in advance for your answers.
17th March 2018, 10:38 AM |#14  
Flag Brisbane
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwanttoknow

Hi all,

Is anyone testing VirtualXposed with the Xposed module XPrivacyLua ?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Apparently not there was an issue raised on the Github about it (under issues section)
link below
https://github.com/android-hacker/VirtualXposed
( sorry can not post direct links at the moment)
The Following User Says Thank You to spawnlives For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift spawnlives Ad-Free
18th March 2018, 07:11 PM |#15  

More
This could be a breakthrough and stumbling onto it today, being able to hide the system modifications for other apps to work such as banking or snapchat.. anyway as far as this hook having a virus such as McAffe , ive read :
"inherit from VirtualApp asLody/VirtualApp string #460, the code has some hardcode string such as "base-1.apk", "base.odex"; i simply use base64 to encode these thrings and it was resolved."
18th March 2018, 07:31 PM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 95

More
Guys, XPL will not work on VirtualXposed because it stores auf with the settings app which can not be accessed by VX. The only way around this would be a fork of XPL that changes this behavior specifically for VX. But nobody is doing that as of now.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Namnodorel For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Namnodorel Ad-Free
18th March 2018, 10:54 PM |#17  
Flag San Francisco De Macoris
Thanks Meter: 41

More
as I see in Github where it is downloaded virtualxpose has little module support

Sent from my ZTE K88 using XDA Labs

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 PM ----------

We hope that over time they will add more modules

Sent from my ZTE K88 using XDA Labs
19th March 2018, 01:26 PM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 69

More
Have you tested it on Oreo? Apps won't open on my s9+
20th March 2018, 10:43 AM |#19  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpgorbosjr

Have you tested it on Oreo? Apps won't open on my s9+

Yeah, I have s8+ and I'm only getting "Opening (App name).." message endlessly.
20th March 2018, 01:28 PM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 69

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vAlcatraz

Yeah, I have s8+ and I'm only getting "Opening (App name).." message endlessly.

On Oreo right? I was looking at the Virtual App GitHub and I think something has to be changed in the way it works for Oreo support but I don't know how to inpliment it I hope the dev does.

Android 8.0 fix

Edit: that may not be a fix for our issue lol. I'm not a dev so I'm just guessing but I really think it's an Oreo caused issue.
The Following User Says Thank You to gpgorbosjr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gpgorbosjr Ad-Free
20th March 2018, 10:58 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 116

More
this is huge
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)