Remove All Ads from XDA
H10 Turbo

VirtualXposed: Use Xposed without root, unlock the bootloader or modify system image.

32 posts
Thanks Meter: 362

Post Reply Email Thread
12th April 2018, 03:57 AM |#31  
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5upon

This environment (app? project?) works well with the AdBlocker Reborn module to block intrusive ads in various apps on the Amazon Kindle Fire HD 8 2017, which currently can't be rooted. Thank you for publishing this, I will be following future development with great interest.

Can't believe I missed this. I have suspected for sometime a method like this could be achieved. Great work! I'll give this a shot in my HD 8 as well.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using XDA Labs

12th April 2018, 07:48 PM |#32  
Thanks Meter: 45

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vip57

this is huge

That response is Exactly why I date women with small hands..
The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to soulife For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift soulife Ad-Free
12th April 2018, 07:57 PM |#33  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I installed this app a few hours ago and I need a little clarification on how to use it. As I understand it, apps need to be run from within this virtual environment . If that is correct, then the modules have no effect on the other apps if the apps were installed before this VirtualExposed app was installed. So for the VirtualExposed app to affect my existing installed apps, I would need to use the clone function from within the VirtualExposed app, correct? If this is in fact correct, and I clone these apps, would I or could I, delete the original apps from my device ( to save space)?
12th April 2018, 09:44 PM |#34  
Thanks Meter: 45

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fire1951

I installed this app a few hours ago and I need a little clarification on how to use it. As I understand it, apps need to be run from within this virtual environment . If that is correct, then the modules have no effect on the other apps if the apps were installed before this VirtualExposed app was installed. So for the VirtualExposed app to affect my existing installed apps, I would need to use the clone function from within the VirtualExposed app, correct? If this is in fact correct, and I clone these apps, would I or could I, delete the original apps from my device ( to save space)?

This is correct. It creates and operates within a "virtual environment" or a "sandbox". So since everything it does is contained within a sandbox, everything has to be in the sandbox. Everything outside of that sandbox is irrelevant. So basically, The modules have to be in the sandbox along with whatever app that module is interacting with. And that's all there is too it. Simple enough concept, especially if you have experience with any sandbox app or virtual environments, since it's exactly the same.

For example, you asked if you had to use the "clone app" for it to affect preinstalled apps. Are those apps in the sandbox? No, so the answer is yes they have to be cloned into the sandbox. You also asked if you can delete the apps outside of the sandbox that you've cloned. Do you plan on using the app outside of the sandbox as well as the 2nd cloned app that is being xposed-modulateded inside the sandbox? (Rhetorical question, you now know the answer, lol). If yes, keep both, if no, delete the one you won't use.

I can't wait to see this mature, and separate itself from its mostly chinese language only presence.. I clicked on the list of tested modules and wow, google translate much? Most of the modules I used in the past before i switched to magisk for safety-net compatibility, were system based. So I couldn't use them here (obviously, just clarifying). But being able to use only app specific modules is 100x better than no modules at all.. This is cool, and i'm surprised it flew under the radar.. OP, when you reach 10 posts you should give this app a proper post under XDA's Android Apps section.. Like my mom always said to me when i was a kid, "The more people aware it exists, the more git commits it gets.."
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to soulife For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift soulife Ad-Free
12th April 2018, 11:33 PM |#35  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Has anyone been able to get Google apps like YouTube running? I tried cloning Google Play Services and Google Services Framework into the sandbox, but YouTube still states that Play Services can't be found or isn't compatible with the device and then quits.

Edit: OP stated in #28 that GApps will be supported soon, so there must be more to it than just cloning the right APKs.
13th April 2018, 01:58 PM |#36  
Flag Buenos Aires
Thanks Meter: 324

More
@weishu I've translated VirtualXposed/VirtualApp/app/src/main/res/values/strings.xml to Spanish. Couldn't properly create a pull request so I added it as an issue. Please find it attached here for your convenience.
Great app!
Attached Files
File Type: xml strings.xml - [Click for QR Code] (10.6 KB, 20 views)
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to J_M_V_S For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift J_M_V_S Ad-Free
14th April 2018, 03:24 AM |#37  

More
For honor 4c chm-u01 c185b120 root file or flash file need
23rd April 2018, 04:41 PM |#38  
Flag Santiago de los Caballeros
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Any list of which modules are working?

Enviado desde mi LG-LS997 mediante Tapatalk
24th April 2018, 02:53 PM |#39  
Flag Buenos Aires
Thanks Meter: 324

More
@weishu I've translated a few more strings for Spanish on GitHub. Please see if I've done right and you're able to merge the changes.
Also I see an option that says "Install Google Services" but can't activate it. Is it working already? If so, how can we use it?
Thanks.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to J_M_V_S For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift J_M_V_S Ad-Free
24th April 2018, 03:08 PM |#40  
OP Member
Flag Beijing
Thanks Meter: 362

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_M_V_S

@weishu I've translated a few more strings for Spanish on GitHub. Please see if I've done right and you're able to merge the changes.
Also I see an option that says "Install Google Services" but can't activate it. Is it working already? If so, how can we use it?
Thanks.

Great job, Thank you!

"Install Google Services" is working in progress, it can not work correctly now.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to weishu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift weishu Ad-Free
7th May 2018, 12:58 AM |#41  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by weishu

Great job, Thank you!

"Install Google Services" is working in progress, it can not work correctly now.

anyone can compile for android less 5 because i have a tablet x86 device and not find a good virtual app compatible with the virtual apps i tested, but unlucky the compiled tis android 5 and more,this tablet is 4,03, with the source code is possible compile this?thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)