Remove All Ads from XDA

WARNING: Do NOT use TaiChi any way!!!!!!

45 posts
Thanks Meter: 42

Post Reply Email Thread
WARNING:

If you want to use Xposed Framework in Android Pie, Q or higher version.

Do NOT use TaiChi anyway.

TaiChi (aka EXposed) is developed by a Chinese commercial software company, closed-source, networked and with code obfuscation.

And the terms of use are repeatedly emphasized(Translated from Chinese, excerpt):

Quote:

3.1 The official shall not be liable for any of the following circumstances, and the TaiChi developer shall not be liable for damages:

3.2 Presence in the service may cause loss of data, information disclosure, data modification, etc.(Note: The above refers to any condition, even if you do not install or activate any Xposed module may occur), due to personal reasons or the use of third-party Xposed modules, lost data, information disclosure, data modification, capital loss, etc.

5. Disclaimer.

You acknowledge and agree that TaiChi Developer shall not be liable for any damages that may result from any of the following circumstances, including but not limited to property, income, data and other losses or other intangible births.

5.6 Presence in the service may cause loss of data, information disclosure, data modification, etc.(Note: The above refers to any condition, even if you do not install or activate any Xposed module may occur), due to personal reasons or the use of third-party Xposed modules, lost data, information disclosure, data modification, capital loss, etc.(Note: This paragraph repeatedly emphasizes)

And if you want to use it, you must unconditionally agree to the above terms.

Although there is no technical research at the moment that shows that it has done bad things, but who knows?

It may still lead to security issues, even your money.

And you NEVER know what it does behind the scenes unless it's an open-source software.

According to the official group administrator of Taichi, people don't need any privacy in the era of big data.

I'm very disappointed with this attitude.

It's like A's safety box was damaged, B and C and D stole something, and then E also stole something, and said to A: anyway, your things have been stolen, I can steal a little more.

Similarly, the above A can be regarded as users, B and C and D can be seen as software that has divulged some of your stuff before. E is TaiChi.

Finally, please keep in mind that you should NEVER use a closed-source software framework try to modify your system, for security.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mlgmxyysd For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mlgmxyysd Ad-Free
1st December 2019, 09:06 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 637

Donate to Me
More
Edxposed is open source AFAIK
https://github.com/ElderDrivers/EdXposed?files=1

Taichi is a virtual Xposed... Not the same thing
1st December 2019, 11:07 AM |#3  
OP Member
Flag Jiaozuo,Henan,China

More
yes it is open-source
TaiChi Magisk modify system to enable Xposed, Similar in principle
The Following User Says Thank You to mlgmxyysd For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mlgmxyysd Ad-Free
1st December 2019, 06:36 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 637

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlgmxyysd

yes it is open-source
TaiChi Magisk modify system to enable Xposed, Similar in principle

Different things mate. Don't confuse people
1st December 2019, 06:39 PM |#5  
OP Member
Flag Jiaozuo,Henan,China

More
sure, as article says
You NEVER know what it does behind the scenes unless it's an open-source software.
The Following User Says Thank You to mlgmxyysd For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mlgmxyysd Ad-Free
1st December 2019, 07:55 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 768

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlgmxyysd

sure, as article says
You NEVER know what it does behind the scenes unless it's an open-source software.

Are the apps you install from the Play Store open source?
The Following User Says Thank You to ldeveraux For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ldeveraux Ad-Free
2nd December 2019, 04:52 AM |#7  
OP Member
Flag Jiaozuo,Henan,China

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldeveraux

Are the apps you install from the Play Store open source?

Go back and see what we're talking about
Application framework and modify your system, not application in Play Store
2nd December 2019, 05:38 AM |#8  
Flag Beijing
Thanks Meter: 520

More
Quote:

Although there is no technical research at the moment that shows that it has done bad things, but who knows?

You looks like a thief, although i have no evidence, but who knows?
You looks like a rapist, although i have no evidence, but who knows?
You are ..., although i have no evidence, but who knows?

As for open-source:
Here is my github profile: https://github.com/tiann

I do a lot for open-source community, but i don't think everything should be open-sourced. This is my respond for Why taichi is closed-source: https://github.com/taichi-framework/...ment-544934678

If you are a FOSS fans, I fully understand and support you. But i should sadly tell you that taichi may not be suitable for you

As for the terms of Taichi:

Taichi·Ying needs to uninstall the original app first, this of cause may lead to loss of data; The Fabric may collect your anonymous information and upload the crash informations; TaiChi·Yang need to unlock the bootloader, it may damage your device, this may happen rarely, but i cannot neglect it. All of these are normal terms, You just accuse of me by imagination?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to weishu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift weishu Ad-Free
2nd December 2019, 07:07 AM |#9  
OP Member
Flag Jiaozuo,Henan,China

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by weishu

As for the terms of Taichi:

Taichi·Ying needs to uninstall the original app first, this of cause may lead to loss of data; The Fabric may collect your anonymous information and upload the crash informations; TaiChi·Yang need to unlock the bootloader, it may damage your device, this may happen rarely, but i cannot neglect it. All of these are normal terms, You just accuse of me by imagination?

What you said belongs to the user's own operation, not the service in the software you provide
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mlgmxyysd For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mlgmxyysd Ad-Free
2nd December 2019, 07:49 AM |#10  
OP Member
Flag Jiaozuo,Henan,China

More
And as mentioned in your listed posts:
Quote:

it is far to dangerous to use it unchecked as closed source on a rooted device.

2nd December 2019, 05:40 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 768

More
Dude, shut up.
The Following User Says Thank You to ldeveraux For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ldeveraux Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
xposed

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)