By robuser007, Senior Member on 16th November 2015, 01:21 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
16th November 2015, 06:47 PM |#21  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 81

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by derf elot

Feel free to try the zip I posted here. Make a backup first. Normally re-flashing your ROM should solve any issues, but you never know.

Doesn't work on my relay 4g (doesn't boot).

16th November 2015, 07:16 PM |#22  
Flag Pompano Beach
Thanks Meter: 1,480

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Focus_X

You just posted what some other guys posted before you...

And if you would read the thread then you would know there is an update.zip for this problem! With this, Xposed is working without problems!

And if you were as helpful as you would like to be, you would provide the URL to the zip file or post. I will look for it and if I do find it and it does what you say, then I really have no issues posting the URL to help others with the same question.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ohmster For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ohmster Ad-Free
16th November 2015, 07:20 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 294

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohmster

And if you were as helpful as you would like to be, you would provide the URL to the zip file or post. I will look for it and if I do find it and it does what you say, then I really have no issues posting the URL to help others with the same question.

You only have to look some posts before!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=63829277
16th November 2015, 07:28 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 149

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by robuser007

Doesn't work on my relay 4g (doesn't boot).

Well, glad I read this before I went to attempt the flash! I'm on a relay as well.
16th November 2015, 07:36 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 327

More
Well, I wouldn't expect it to work on all phones of course. If it doesn't, I would recommend either you push the files via adb (and set right permissions), or ask someone more familiar with your platform to make a flashable zip for you. The two files you need from a previous ROM are mentioned in the earlier post.
16th November 2015, 07:41 PM |#26  
Flag Pompano Beach

More
Quote:

You only have to look some posts before!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=63829277

Found it, thanks. Common courtesy dictates that you provide a URL to the suggested solution. That is, unless you are using a phone to post and providing a link would be unusually difficult.
derf elot Post #388

Testing now on a Motorola Droid Razr Maxx ST912X.

Flashed zip, rebooted, no change in Xposed Framework installer. Uninstalled Xposed Installer apk, flashed xposed_fix.zip again and rebooted. Does not appear to work with the cm-11-20151115-UNOFFICIAL-spyder.zip rom.

The zip does not work for this phone or rom.
16th November 2015, 07:54 PM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 294

More
Did you try this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf elot

FYI, I believe this commit is causing the problems:

http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/118800/

Replacing /system/bin/app_process and /system/lib/libandroid_runtime.so from previous CM builds will allow the framework to be installed without problems.

16th November 2015, 08:05 PM |#28  
Flag Pompano Beach

More
Quote:

Did you try this?

I flashed the zip, uninstalled and reinstalled the Xposed Framework. Same error, same non-responsive install buttons.
Somewhere I read you can push the files with ADB but there were no actual instructions. The author of the zip file made the flash file for a different device so it may not work on the Razr XT912 and apparently, it does not.
16th November 2015, 09:25 PM |#29  
Flag West Columbia
Thanks Meter: 69

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohmster

I flashed the zip, uninstalled and reinstalled the Xposed Framework. Same error, same non-responsive install buttons.
Somewhere I read you can push the files with ADB but there were no actual instructions. The author of the zip file made the flash file for a different device so it may not work on the Razr XT912 and apparently, it does not.

@Ohmster
I got it to work by extracting the named files from stargo's previous update, then booted into recovery. In TWRP, I mounted system, then used the file manager to move the files to their correct folder. I set permissions to 655, unmounted system and rebooted. Xposed installed and activated correctly.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OldBaldy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift OldBaldy Ad-Free
16th November 2015, 10:11 PM |#30  
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 2,813

Donate to Me
More
I pushed a fix for that issue into Omni's gerrit: https://gerrit.omnirom.org/#/c/15695/ Best bring this up with your device maintainers. 👍
The Following User Says Thank You to golden-guy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift golden-guy Ad-Free
16th November 2015, 10:32 PM |#31  
Flag Pompano Beach

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBaldy

@Ohmster
I got it to work by extracting the named files from stargo's previous update, then booted into recovery. In TWRP, I mounted system, then used the file manager to move the files to their correct folder. I set permissions to 655, unmounted system and rebooted. Xposed installed and activated correctly.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

@OldBaldy

I really appreciate this but your instructions are a bit vague. Can you elaborate a bit on this please?

"extracting the named files from stargo's previous update"

Previous update, that would be cm-11-20150522-UNOFFICIAL-spyder.zip in his Unofficial server, yes?

And what are these "named files" or where are they listed? Is this the list from Post #11

"Replacing /system/bin/app_process and /system/lib/libandroid_runtime.so from previous CM builds will allow the framework to be installed without problems."

I am sure I could do this and if Brian Hughes, @brkahughes were still around, I bet he could make a really neat zip to flash for our devices.

Where did you get this file list and do I have the correct rom to extract files from? Thanks.

EDIT:
I have the files from the 11-07-2015 release:
  1. app_process
  2. libandroid_runtime.so
And can try these using your method and permission settings. Please correct me if I am wrong.

EDIT 2:
Oh yeah! I did the copy over from the Official CM spyder download page, cm-11-20150901-SNAPSHOT-XNG3CAO3G1-spyder.zip in Safe Strap and did not have to set permissions. Rebooted and Xposed Framework works quite well!

* This might raise a security issue. Will copying over files from the previous release of CM11 void the security patches installed by stargo? I guess I will be "the unpopular guy" and ask him in the thread. But, having Xposed back is really nice, Baldy. Thanks a lot, man!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)