Xposed causes Snapchat to temporarily lock account?

21 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By xqzba, Junior Member on 23rd January 2019, 04:39 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920W8 with the UlTiMaTe NouGaT S8+ Full Port V3.1 ROM. I am rooted with Magisk V18.0, and have Snapchat enabled in Magisk Hide. Every time I install Xposed v89.3 by topjohnwu, I get a message from Snapchat team a few hours later saying that my account is being temporarily locked for 12+ hours. Is anyone else experiencing the same issue? Is there a way to stop this? Is this caused by Xposed?
23rd January 2019, 09:51 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Xposed or root, i dont know but i had to say goodbye to snapchat since there is no way to get it working on rooted devices,i unroot, login, then root and after a couple of hours or maybe a day cant log in...titanium backup didnt do the trick neither, it is server syncd so they find out and block u
The Following User Says Thank You to kocheko For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kocheko Ad-Free
25th January 2019, 05:00 PM |#3  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Victoria, Australia
Thanks Meter: 1,812

Donate to Me
More
Yes, you have to hide root from Snapchat using Magisk Hide and uninstall Snapchat.
Then flash Xposed uninstall by flashing the uninstaller zip in recovery, reboot to system, install Snapchat and hide root from it and login, once logged in reboot to recovery, flash Xposed, reboot to system and it should work and stay working.
Repeat process in future if necessary.
25th January 2019, 07:31 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 366

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline

Yes, you have to hide root from Snapchat using Magisk Hide and uninstall Snapchat.
Then flash Xposed uninstall by flashing the uninstaller zip in recovery, reboot to system, install Snapchat and hide root from it and login, once logged in reboot to recovery, flash Xposed, reboot to system and it should work and stay working.
Repeat process in future if necessary.

That will work for MAYBE a few days. SC scans your phone now for xposed/root and will instantly ban it. Also, it keeps your device id stored on a blacklist so you'd have to change that too. They've gotten a lot sneaker about it. You can use an app like xprivacy lua or app ops to block this reading permission but it'll probably crash SC constantly. A few guys and I are trying to spoof the reading and device id and not get it to freak out but it's a slow process
The Following User Says Thank You to agraceful For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift agraceful Ad-Free
26th January 2019, 02:01 AM |#5  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Victoria, Australia
Thanks Meter: 1,812

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by agraceful

That will work for MAYBE a few days. SC scans your phone now for xposed/root and will instantly ban it. Also, it keeps your device id stored on a blacklist so you'd have to change that too. They've gotten a lot sneaker about it. You can use an app like xprivacy lua or app ops to block this reading permission but it'll probably crash SC constantly. A few guys and I are trying to spoof the reading and device id and not get it to freak out but it's a slow process

Can't say I've ever only had it work for a few days, or only ever had it maybe work. It's worked for months now without issue.
I've also not had Snapchat "scan my phone" and I don't do anything special in that department, just regular Magisk Hide.
I've had it stop working once, months ago as I said above, and I just did the process and it started working again, no device ID change or blocking of permissions.
28th January 2019, 07:28 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 366

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline

Can't say I've ever only had it work for a few days, or only ever had it maybe work. It's worked for months now without issue.
I've also not had Snapchat "scan my phone" and I don't do anything special in that department, just regular Magisk Hide.
I've had it stop working once, months ago as I said above, and I just did the process and it started working again, no device ID change or blocking of permissions.

If you gave sc storage permission, then yes it does scan your phone periodically. It's declared in detail, in apps like app ops. Anyway though, without anyone capturing logs of when the ban is done (I'm talking to everyone that runs a sc mod of any sort) , nobody can really come up with the exact reason for them, only make educated guesses because it seems to not be one thing related \_(•-•)_/ Happy snapping!
9th March 2019, 08:19 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Seems to be that Snapchat is detecting Xposed, whether it be non-systemless up to 8.1 oreo (v90 beta-3), systemless by topjohnwu, or systemless for 7.0-9.0 (EdXposed). I used Snapchat with non-systemless Xposed by rovo89 up till a month ago when I upgraded to PIE, then I used EdXposed. My new 9.0 PIE setup worked well with SnapFreedom and EdXposed until I upgraded EdXposed and Snapchat to 10.51.0.0 when I got my first ban.

Plan for attack (haven't tried, banned on alt) to use Snapchat and Xposed (Possibly also Xposed modules?) without ban:
-Use AppCloner to rebuild the snapchat apk with minimal permissions (I have premium version). I was going to go this route, but AppCloner rebuilds com.snapchat.android to com.snapchat.androie, breaking SnapFreedom. Bare permisisons: CAMERA, MICROPHONE, and maybe LOCATION? PHONE permission will give away your IMEI and other stuff, and STORAGE may trigger Xposed detection.
-Use LuckyPatcher to deny snapchat certain perissmions, including read external storage.

This thread got me thinking: https://forum.xda-developers.com/xpo...posed-t3909199
10th February 2020, 01:53 PM |#8  
Flag Coimbatore
Thanks Meter: 8

More
I am using Pixen OS android 10 on oneplus 6. I have magisk root and want to install xposed. How to prevent snapchat account lock?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)