By androidified, Member on 14th March 2016, 02:21 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
20th March 2017, 01:46 AM |#1021  
/home
Thanks Meter: 213

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelendel

Amazes me how freely people will let someone else touch their device. Don't want people looking in your phone then don't give it to them. Pretty simple.

You obviously never tried to cross a border where it's mandatory to give away your phone for 'inspection'.
Would wipe the device before anyway.

20th March 2017, 10:39 AM |#1022  
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 89

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidbot1337

i was the same way after updating to N. but then i found FingerSecurityn and wow! its beautiful and works great. im currently running it on my honor 5x. give it a try!

All apps of this kind can be killed very easy. Try to kill MaxLock… it's almost buletproof. I've tested almost all available applocks in store and nothing can sutvive after simple SIGTERM. This renders them all insecure. And in most of them you get the lock screen way to late and you can see what is going on in the "protected" app.

Sent from my HTC 10 using XDA-Developers Legacy app
20th March 2017, 05:20 PM |#1023  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel1989hh

Ur right but i know something for sure when xposed would be ever finished for android 7 there would be at least android 8 or 9 so if u want to have the newest version of android u have to live without it

Xposed has never worked well with up-to-date software. Even back in its heyday when it worked with the current version of Android, most of the modules required an outdated app. Snapprefs for example requires an ancient version of Snapchat.

If Xposed is ever updated, and that's a big if at this point, you're still going to have to make a choice between updates and mods, which effectively means choosing between security and functionality, because that old software is full of vulnerabilities.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gregfrankenstein For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gregfrankenstein Ad-Free
20th March 2017, 09:51 PM |#1024  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregfrankenstein

Xposed has never worked well with up-to-date software. Even back in its heyday when it worked with the current version of Android, most of the modules required an outdated app. Snapprefs for example requires an ancient version of Snapchat.

If Xposed is ever updated, and that's a big if at this point, you're still going to have to make a choice between updates and mods, which effectively means choosing between security and functionality, because that old software is full of vulnerabilities.

Never is too strong a word.

In my use, i have never had to use an outdated app with xposed. Not a single one.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mctiew For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mctiew Ad-Free
20th March 2017, 10:31 PM |#1025  
Thanks Meter: 2,589

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mctiew

Never is too strong a word.

In my use, i have never had to use an outdated app with xposed. Not a single one.

Just a few off the top of my head were Snapprefs, xInsta, YouTube Background Playback, YouTube adaway... If you updated Snapchat, Instagram or YouTube then that would pretty much entirely break the modules functions. Either had to turn off auto updates for those apps (maybe you did this so you never noticed?) or update them and use them normally until the modules were updated. That happened *literally* every couple of days on all 3 of those apps. Can't really speak to any others, I didn't use too many.

It's the same deal with Substratum now. "Oh let me check G+..." *Google+ has stopped* "Oh I see Google plus was recently updated in the play store, I guess I'll have to wait for my theme to update as well, or disable the overlay for G+..."

It absolutely did happen often, where if you wanted the module functionality then you couldn't have the newest version of the app. Until the module developer updated (often by then the original app was updated again breaking the modules latest update). Very seldom was the module updated within hours of the app, usually it was a few days. He's right. Also, and I'm sorry, but I just had to call you on it. You said never is too strong and then used never like 5 words later.
20th March 2017, 10:48 PM |#1026  
Thanks Meter: 61

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyJ

Just a few off the top of my head were Snapprefs, xInsta, YouTube Background Playback, YouTube adaway... If you updated Snapchat, Instagram or YouTube then that would pretty much entirely break the modules functions. Either had to turn off auto updates for those apps (maybe you did this so you never noticed?) or update them and use them normally until the modules were updated. That happened *literally* every couple of days on all 3 of those apps. Can't really speak to any others, I didn't use too many.

It's the same deal with Substratum now. "Oh let me check G+..." *Google+ has stopped* "Oh I see Google plus was recently updated in the play store, I guess I'll have to wait for my theme to update as well, or disable the overlay for G+..."

It absolutely did happen often, where if you wanted the module functionality then you couldn't have the newest version of the app. Until the module developer updated (often by then the original app was updated again breaking the modules latest update). Very seldom was the module updated within hours of the app, usually it was a few days. He's right. Also, and I'm sorry, but I just had to call you on it. You said never is too strong and then used never like 5 words later.

ok that was kinda funny
wrt never being used
5 words later
after saying never is too strong
agree wrt Mods and youtube
also with hangouts
wutevs tis wut tis
lets all agree
we all want xposed
ow we wouldnt be on this thread
rovo will get it done
just needs time
21st March 2017, 03:23 AM |#1027  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rovo89

The source code of Android N isn't released yet, so I can't work on Xposed support for it yet.

If xposed nougat is less battery hungry and it will be more fantastic
21st March 2017, 04:02 AM |#1028  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by -leo-

If xposed nougat is less battery hungry and it will be more fantastic

Beggars cannot be choosers.
The Following User Says Thank You to mctiew For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mctiew Ad-Free
21st March 2017, 11:09 AM |#1029  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddylonglegs

Is there an alternative to minminguard? Ad blockers don't cut it because they don't get rid of in-app ads and get rid of the unused space. I can't seem to find anything like it.

I'm testing AdBlocker Reborn, and it's working for now. You can install Unbeloved Hosts to be sure
21st March 2017, 03:03 PM |#1030  
Flag Bronx
Thanks Meter: 55

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyJ

I still use xposed this way... i havent updated my ig or youtube in such a long time lol
The Following User Says Thank You to nelsonTituaAa For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nelsonTituaAa Ad-Free
21st March 2017, 04:31 PM |#1031  
Flag Tucson
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelendel

I wouldn't count in it being the future. Mainly with Google locking more and more down behind closed sourced system files and doing many checks that can't be hidden.

Many of the older devs here see what is coming and that is a day when things like custom roms and xposed are over. Heck even with 7.1.2 will mark a big change as 7.1.1 is the last 32bit Android version released so anything developed for Android after that will have to be for a 64 bit device.

That's what I am starting to dislike about Android, or should I say Google. Android is supposed to be open sourced, and it's slowly becoming Apple. Locked more and more and more down, because they'd rather just give into the generic consumer who doesn't care as long as it "just works". To those people I say buy an iPhone and nothing else. It's really disappointing to see Google just kind of slowly give in to a closed source system, and allow manufacturers like Samsung basically dictate what the next change with Android is based on consumer sales. Samsung should be forced to develop their own OS. if they want to be the next Apple then they should have to part ways with Google completely and develop their own OS. They have Samsung pay along with their own version of nearly every other app made by Google on the market, so to develop their own OS wouldn't be hard for them, and Lord knows they have the money to do it. They already have a large enough fanbase that if they did the loyal Samsung people would most likely follow over. It ruins the experience of Android for hobbyists like myself who specifically buy root/ custom ROM friendly devices like the HTC 10, because "everyone wants a Samsung device". I'm not saying it's completely Samsung's fault but when their sales are second to Apple, they have to be playing a big hand in what Google decides what to do or not to do in development.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Randal84 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Randal84 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, android n, google, xposed

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)