By androidified, Member on 14th March 2016, 02:21 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
18th May 2017, 11:29 PM |#1531  
Daedalus:GlobalNode:HUB
Thanks Meter: 353

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelloZ

Not to diss rovo89 or anything, but why is he taking this on himself?

There's a huge demand for this, and it seems he simply can't meet it right now. It'd probably be against his open source ideals but I'd pay for Xposed if that's what it took for him to be working on this full-time.

But there's no way he is the single person in the world with the ability to port (or rather, restructure, it seems) this framework.

There's talented, experienced developers all around the world willing to help him at the drop of a hat. I'm sure Lineage, for one, could be helping. Hell, I'd help if I could.

And yeah, I don't know exactly. He's probably got a couple people helping with a some things, but evidently not enough. I fear O is going to be officially released before Xposed for N (as we haven't had an update from him since January as far as I know). I just pray he doesn't give in due to the pressure we're putting on him.

Man, the source code is there!
Just get it and get those talented experienced devs to por it.
On LP or MM Romracer was the one who ported xposed and rovo just made the final transition, but RomRacer had it working.

Idk why you guys feel that Rovo is holding ppl back. The source is there! Sure, the excuse for ppl to don't work is "but the latest lines of code that rovo did aren't there"... well yea, how can he release a source code of something that is in progress??
No one need the latest work in progress, all someone need to start porting it is there already.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pupet_Master For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Pupet_Master Ad-Free

19th May 2017, 02:55 PM |#1532  
Retired Senior Moderator / Mod. Cttee. Retired - The Dark Knight
Flag Watching from the Shadows
Thanks Meter: 18,967

More
Another thing to keep in mind people. With Google focus on security things like xposed are going to be getting harder and hard to pull off. At one point Google will have patched all the holes xposed uses and there will be nothing anyone can really do about it and throwing money at it won't help.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zelendel For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zelendel Ad-Free
19th May 2017, 09:48 PM |#1533  
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 179

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelendel

Another thing to keep in mind people. With Google focus on security things like xposed are going to be getting harder and hard to pull off..

People usually say this with every new version of software/OS. But the truth is hacks evolve too. Security and hacks go side by side. If it was getting harder to find security holes, Cyberattacks should be decreasing but it's definitely not. Just look at the tech news from the last couple of days. There's a latest one about CIA hacking tools (Vault 7 by Wikileaks yesterday) which can bypass almost all AV's.

The point is every new version is supposed to be secure (or atleast make people feel like it is) but it really is not.

Quote:

...At one point Google will have patched all the holes xposed uses and there will be nothing anyone can really do about it and throwing money at it won't help.

You have said this a couple of times now but it's still not entirely true. Afaik xposed doesn't seem to rely on those "hacks". It's like adding a new feature to ART. A post somewhere deep in this thread by @C3C076 explained this better.

Maybe xposed is dead. But maybe there'll be a new mod which is going to be even better and i bet on the latter. But in any case modding or customizing is not going to stop.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to intruder16 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift intruder16 Ad-Free
20th May 2017, 11:14 AM |#1534  
Retired Senior Moderator / Mod. Cttee. Retired - The Dark Knight
Flag Watching from the Shadows
Thanks Meter: 18,967

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by intruder16

People usually say this with every new version of software/OS. But the truth is hacks evolve too. Security and hacks go side by side. If it was getting harder to find security holes, Cyberattacks should be decreasing but it's definitely not. Just look at the tech news from the last couple of days. There's a latest one about CIA hacking tools (Vault 7 by Wikileaks yesterday) which can bypass almost all AV's.

The point is every new version is supposed to be secure (or atleast make people feel like it is) but it really is not.

You have said this a couple of times now but it's still not entirely true. Afaik xposed doesn't seem to rely on those "hacks". It's like adding a new feature to ART. A post somewhere deep in this thread by @C3C076 explained this better.

Maybe xposed is dead. But maybe there'll be a new mod which is going to be even better and i bet on the latter. But in any case modding or customizing is not going to stop.

You think so? You didn't really watch much of Google IO did you? With the new security updates. Even having an unlocked bootloader can prevent will prevent things from working.

You are right. I said before when android 7.0 came out. And from the looks of it still no xposed.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zelendel For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zelendel Ad-Free
20th May 2017, 10:38 PM |#1535  
Flag Alicante
Thanks Meter: 1,176

Donate to Me
More
No more OGYOUTUBE...

A problem for people that use nougat without xposed
20th May 2017, 10:53 PM |#1536  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Rainbowtown
Thanks Meter: 1,855

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zubi182

No more OGYOUTUBE...

Are you aware of this?
https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...round-t3560900

Sent from my OnePlus 2 using XDA Labs
21st May 2017, 12:17 AM |#1537  
Flag Culiacan
Thanks Meter: 298

More
Ok, two things, why do we allow such draconian control of OUR -not-found-in-the-cereal devices, when we know their motives (based NOT on how many millions, perhaps BILLIONS of devices are "vulnerable", which is, oddly enough, courtesy of the Evil, crooked, lying, unethical, stalking engine...), but in the " YUGE" (corporate) greed?
It's old, but it still is a good read even today: https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2013...ans-necessary/
THAT'S your "friend"...
Two, it's now or never: what the heck does AFAIK stand for, you youth?!
21st May 2017, 07:16 AM |#1538  
Flag Gombak
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zubi182

No more OGYOUTUBE...

You can try iytb with magisk
21st May 2017, 10:49 AM |#1539  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryshaw12

After Android N get stable

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldeveraux

Right after you ask for an ETA again.

We need a dislike button on this forum for people like u and your posts😊
21st May 2017, 12:38 PM |#1540  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Rainbowtown
Thanks Meter: 1,855

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by azamet90

We need a dislike button on this forum for people like u and your posts😊

People are expected to ignore posts they don't like, it's not accepted to express your dislike on this forum or even flaming, if you disagree in a rational manner and argue accordingly you got full support..

The Following User Says Thank You to Sam Nakamura For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Sam Nakamura Ad-Free
21st May 2017, 12:48 PM |#1541  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Nakamura

People are expected to ignore posts they don't like, it's not accepted to express your dislike on this forum or even flaming, if you disagree in a rational manner and argue accordingly you got full support..

Than why u not ignoring my post? 🤣

Some posts r just distrubting and empty I mean if he post it or not it's not a minus or plus. Sorry for my bad english but u understand what I mean if I make this post and as something than I want answer not a joke or something else like that it's just a meaning and yeah what should I say more to this? I think it is enough for u friend 🤣
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, android n, google, xposed

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)