Post Reply Email Thread
18th August 2016, 07:30 AM |#21  
Account currently disabled
Flag typedef true false;
Thanks Meter: 1,105

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rovo89

No, I don't. If you subscribe to the announcement thread, you can get email notifcations though.

Is there any plan to wrap up all the unofficial builds in one xposed installer in alpha stage or only will be done in final ? Like wanam for samsung etc as there are couple of xposed unofficial lying right now

24th August 2016, 05:07 AM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 557

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rovo89

The source code of Android N isn't released yet, so I can't work on Xposed support for it yet.

Just for if you're interesed, the code is apparently being uploaded now.

Thanks for your hard work.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RusherDude For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RusherDude Ad-Free
24th August 2016, 07:27 AM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 160

More
I think it's definitely gonna take some time but worth the wait nonetheless

Sent from my Nexus 6 using XDA-Developers mobile app
24th August 2016, 09:23 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Honest question, why is asking for an ETA so frowned upon here?

I mean, I understand that it's impossible to give an exact date, but I think that many of the people asking would like to know if it could be available within a week, or if it will probably take more than half a year. Or if there is no plan on updating this at all even.

Maybe no one even has an indication of how long it will take, but even "probably anywhere between 2 weeks and 6 months" would be nice.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to inasm For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift inasm Ad-Free
24th August 2016, 09:43 PM |#26  
Flag San Pedro Sula
Thanks Meter: 137

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by inasm

Honest question, why is asking for an ETA so frowned upon here?

I mean, I understand that it's impossible to give an exact date, but I think that many of the people asking would like to know if it could be available within a week, or if it will probably take more than half a year. Or if there is no plan on updating this at all even.

Maybe no one even has an indication of how long it will take, but even "probably anywhere between 2 weeks and 6 months" would be nice.

Because one ETA request is fine, but 109,248,923,058,718,293 requests feels like pressure, for something that you're not getting payed for. Not only that, but that time is time you're not getting back, you drift away from family, friends, and life - much like a real job - without the pay. So the fun starts to wear off enthusiastically speaking and it becomes a burden rather than enjoyment.

The "Frown uponment" is not actually coming from the developer, but from their fanbase, because some of the fans do understand that. It's a way of showing support, IMO.
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to benleonheart For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift benleonheart Ad-Free
25th August 2016, 01:01 AM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 83

More
Curious how much work needs to be done for Xposed to work with Nougat. Don't think it is as much as the switch from Dalvik to Art, but I see lots of new stuff like seamless update using multiple partitions and direct boot encryption.
25th August 2016, 01:30 AM |#28  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momotani-Hitoshi

Curious how much work needs to be done for Xposed to work with Nougat. Don't think it is as much as the switch from Dalvik to Art, but I see lots of new stuff like seamless update using multiple partitions and direct boot encryption.

Seamless updates will only be for devices starting on nougat, aka LG V20 and future nexus (require different partitions layout).

On android N there's a change from ART to JIT+ART, I don't know if this impact xposed or impacts is much.
25th August 2016, 02:58 AM |#29  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RusherDude

Seamless updates will only be for devices starting on nougat, aka LG V20 and future nexus (require different partitions layout).

On android N there's a change from ART to JIT+ART, I don't know if this impact xposed or impacts is much.

Google probably doesn't want do extra work supporting and/or dealing with users trying to re-partition their own existing nexus and screwing it up.
25th August 2016, 03:19 AM |#30  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momotani-Hitoshi

Google probably doesn't want do extra work supporting and/or dealing with users trying to re-partition their own existing nexus and screwing it up.

That is not the problem, the problem is that Google would need to re-partition (thus format data) every device to have seamless updates, and of course they are not gonna do that (apart from the risk of ****ing up some models with the repartitions, specially given all the android ecosystem).
25th August 2016, 03:35 AM |#31  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RusherDude

That is not the problem, the problem is that Google would need to re-partition (thus format data) every device to have seamless updates, and of course they are not gonna do that (apart from the risk of ****ing up some models with the repartitions, specially given all the android ecosystem).

Yea, that's what I meant on doing extra work.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, android n, google, xposed

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)