Xposed Framework Question

132 posts
Thanks Meter: 25

By Davy49, Senior Member on 4th June 2020, 02:29 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi,
At times like this I really wish that I knew more about android than I do, but then again that's part of the reason there are site's like reddit. What I'm trying to do is use the sudohide app to solve the issue I've been having as far as keeping it from trying to update itself and becoming enabled again. For my youtube stuff I use the vanced app which at least for me better than the real youtube app. When I open up the sudohide app I receive a prompt that says xposed framework is not installed. Does my lg v30 phone have to be rooted to be able to use the sudohide app? If so I really need to get it rooted, of course if it's rooted I can probably just get rid of youtube anyway.
Thanks
4th June 2020, 04:31 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy49

Hi,
At times like this I really wish that I knew more about android than I do, but then again that's part of the reason there are site's like reddit. What I'm trying to do is use the sudohide app to solve the issue I've been having as far as keeping it from trying to update itself and becoming enabled again. For my youtube stuff I use the vanced app which at least for me better than the real youtube app. When I open up the sudohide app I receive a prompt that says xposed framework is not installed. Does my lg v30 phone have to be rooted to be able to use the sudohide app? If so I really need to get it rooted, of course if it's rooted I can probably just get rid of youtube anyway.
Thanks

Sudohide is an (ed)xposed module, which needs root to run in the first place, so you need to unlock your device unless you haven't done so already (it will wipe all your data, backup first), flash TWRP which replaces your stock "recovery" program which is originally used to do factory resets etc, but twrp can do much more. Then flash magisk in twrp, your phone is now rooted, now you can install riru core (dependency for edxposed) and edxposed framework systemlessly, writing directly to system will definitely break safetynet, which is why this is the popular way of rooting these days. Some tinkering around is needed to keep safetynet passing (otherwise you'll lose access to some banking apps, some games, netflix will work, but you can't install it from play store). Just rooting lets you access all the read-only partitions and install magisk modules that take advantage of that, xposed lets you mess with the behavior of user/system apps.
4th June 2020, 04:43 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Brandon
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Hi zipsu,
Of course thanks so much for your feedback, and as silly as it might sound..all I have to do now is work up my courage and attempt to root my lg v30 phone. I know that a lot of user's say that it's actually pretty simple, but I think they have more knowledge about android that I currently have. It probably doesn't matter but I'm currently running android version 9.0 on my phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipsu

Sudohide is an (ed)xposed module, which needs root to run in the first place, so you need to unlock your device unless you haven't done so already (it will wipe all your data, backup first), flash TWRP which replaces your stock "recovery" program which is originally used to do factory resets etc, but twrp can do much more. Then flash magisk in twrp, your phone is now rooted, now you can install riru core (dependency for edxposed) and edxposed framework systemlessly, writing directly to system will definitely break safetynet, which is why this is the popular way of rooting these days. Some tinkering around is needed to keep safetynet passing (otherwise you'll lose access to some banking apps, some games, netflix will work, but you can't install it from play store). Just rooting lets you access all the read-only partitions and install magisk modules that take advantage of that, xposed lets you mess with the behavior of user/system apps.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)