By bseos, Senior Member on 15th March 2015, 11:34 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
29th July 2016, 05:53 PM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 642

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by davieboiii

Hello.

I have installed rooted original rom for galaxy s5 on my phone without triggering knox.

This is th on i had installed on my phone: http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...i-csc-t2813628

Flashfire isn't custom recovery, it does not work to use on xPosed (I've seen many try and fail with it the past few).
The rom you link, the link says 4.4.2. That's not lollipop, you can use the older xPosed installer app to give you the correct xPosed. There is no need to flash for any android younger that 5.0

29th July 2016, 07:36 PM |#102  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nergal di Cuthah

Flashfire isn't custom recovery, it does not work to use on xPosed (I've seen many try and fail with it the past few).
The rom you link, the link says 4.4.2. That's not lollipop, you can use the older xPosed installer app to give you the correct xPosed. There is no need to flash for any android younger that 5.0

Hi there

Thank you for your answear.

As i told you i have android 5.0. Maybe i have linked the wrong site. Here is the link where it says which i used.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...i-csc-t2813628

I have first downgraded from 5.0 to kit kat to be able to apply root on the phone. After i have upgraded again to android 5.0 and have been using flash fire when needed to flash anything.

This way i have been able to have a rooted phone with andeoid 5.0 without triggering knox.

Now i have installed framework and after that flashed arm21.zip file with flashfire.

When it rebooted it got stuck in bootloop.

Is there no way i can make it boot fully again without having to hardreset the phone.

I have pictures and stuff in the internal memory that i dont want to loose.

Thanx for helping me out!
29th July 2016, 08:33 PM |#103  

More
Quote:

Hi there

Thank you for your answear.

As i told you i have android 5.0. Maybe i have linked the wrong site. Here is the link where it says which i used.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...i-csc-t2813628

I have first downgraded from 5.0 to kit kat to be able to apply root on the phone. After i have upgraded again to android 5.0 and have been using flash fire when needed to flash anything.

This way i have been able to have a rooted phone with andeoid 5.0 without triggering knox.

Now i have installed framework and after that flashed arm21.zip file with flashfire.

When it rebooted it got stuck in bootloop.

Is there no way i can make it boot fully again without having to hardreset the phone.

Thanx for helping me out!

Are you installing official xPosed or Arter97 fork?
Edit
Where did you say you had 5.0? I see it nowhere, and to me the link you provided, again, looks just to point at a 4.4.2 rom.

---------- Post added at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 PM ----------

Edit2: if you used official and not Arter, you installed the wrong file an you use ODIN or ADB to push/flash the uninstaller. If not, I would think you need to factory reset but IDK FOR SURE as I'm not a samsung expert and kept my samsung at 4.4.2 when I had it because at time time arter didn't exist (or I was ignorant of its existence) and I relied on xPosed modules like the now abandoned/open-source wannam kit.

What I do know, is if you have samsung, touchwiz ROM 5.0.x you need a special xPosed by Arter97. If you search xda for Samsung Xposed Lollipop Arter97 you should be easily finding that modification

---------- Post added at 08:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 PM ----------

Quote:

!

Always always backup if not nandroid before doing a procedure like this especially of a Samsung phone because you can permanently trip knox (burn out warranty fuse) or even hardbrick your phone
30th July 2016, 12:30 AM |#104  

More
Quote:

Are you installing official xPosed or Arter97 fork?
Edit
Where did you say you had 5.0? I see it nowhere, and to me the link you provided, again, looks just to point at a 4.4.2 rom.

---------- Post added at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 PM ----------

Edit2: if you used official and not Arter, you installed the wrong file an you use ODIN or ADB to push/flash the uninstaller. If not, I would think you need to factory reset but IDK FOR SURE as I'm not a samsung expert and kept my samsung at 4.4.2 when I had it because at time time arter didn't exist (or I was ignorant of its existence) and I relied on xPosed modules like the now abandoned/open-source wannam kit.

What I do know, is if you have samsung, touchwiz ROM 5.0.x you need a special xPosed by Arter97. If you search xda for Samsung Xposed Lollipop Arter97 you should be easily finding that modification

---------- Post added at 08:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 PM ----------

Always always backup if not nandroid before doing a procedure like this especially of a Samsung phone because you can permanently trip knox (burn out warranty fuse) or even hardbrick your phone

I think i used original xposed with sdk21.zip file. Here is a link from where i downloaded it. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=3034811

I think i used original xposed with sdk21.zip file. Here is a link from where i downloaded it. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=3034811

I have also checked in recovery which android version i have installed. I have "LRX21T.G900FXXU1POK5" installed which is android 5.0.

If you check further down in the other link i posted there is diffrent roms added and instructions how to flash them with flashfire.

Anyway. When i installed and rooted my phone. I first downgraded to kitkat 4.2. And then rooted it. After that i upgraded with the latest version at that time of 5.0. And then i kept it rooted without triggering knox. Dont remember exactly which files i used.

---------- Post added at 12:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 AM ----------

Do you think i could push it through odin without triggering knox? Or with adb. If so could you please tell me what command i should write or do? And which file i would need.

Hopefully the phone will be running soon again thanks to you.

I now know i should have used arter instead. And that a backup is really inportant. But i was sure i would not mess it up. How wrong was i!!

---------- Post added at 01:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 AM ----------

I have also tried in recovery mode to flash the uninstaller.zip fromnthe sd card. But it dont work. I have taken picture for you to see what i mean. It just reboots after trying.[COLOR="Silver"]

Here is a link to picture i made: http://www.tiikoni.com/tis/view/?id=6ebfb62
30th July 2016, 12:39 AM |#105  

More
Quote:

Yeah, you are trying to use official framework on a samsung phone, you need to flash the uninstaller. as I said I don't know if it will work via odin, I don't have a samsung that's got 5.x.x

Please look at the attached picture and read it. That picture is from the thread you linked, I'm not sure why you thought it didn't apply to you. Rule number 1: read til you understand, then read again then attempt to mess up your phone. You jumped past all the reading didn't you.
You need to uninstall the xPosed you put in there and correctly put the forked version for your Samsung touchwiz 5.0.x
To find it search Samsung XPosed lollipop

One of them is for 5.0.x and the other for 5.1.x/6.0.x

I have zero experience with them, so READ TIL YOU UNDERSTAND THEN READ AGAIN. You reallly can (may have already) disable your device permanently so, stop leaping before you look. Get to that thread and get the help you desperately need.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_20160729_173135.JPG
Views:	94
Size:	245.2 KB
ID:	3827781  
30th July 2016, 07:14 AM |#106  
Flag New Orleans
Thanks Meter: 577

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Hello.

I have installed rooted original rom for galaxy s5 on my phone without triggering knox.

This is th on i had installed on my phone: http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...i-csc-t2813628

So because i flashed xposed with flashfire, i dont have CWM installed in recovery mode.

I am stuck in boot loop and cant acsess the phone.

Is there any way i can repair the bootloop now.

When i enter in the recovery mode and select "apply update from adb"

I can write in console in windows. adb device , then it says sideload and device number.

I want to push the disable xposed file into the phone but dont know how to do it without CWM

Can you boot into safe mode? If so you may be able to manually remove xposed.
30th July 2016, 12:31 PM |#107  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattzeller

Can you boot into safe mode? If so you may be able to manually remove xposed.

No unfortunatly i cant. I have already tried that. And nothing happends
30th July 2016, 03:57 PM |#108  
Flag New Orleans
Thanks Meter: 577

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

No unfortunatly i cant. I have already tried that. And nothing happends

What do you mean nothing happens? Safemode disables installed apps including xposed, how are you trying to go into safemode?
Just in case here's how:

With the device turned off, press and hold the Power key.
Release the Power key once the Samsung logo appears, then press and hold the Volume Down key until the device starts up. (Until you get to your lock screen)
30th July 2016, 09:05 PM |#109  

More
Quote:

Yeah, you are trying to use official framework on a samsung phone, you need to flash the uninstaller. as I said I don't know if it will work via odin, I don't have a samsung that's got 5.x.x

Please look at the attached picture and read it. That picture is from the thread you linked, I'm not sure why you thought it didn't apply to you. Rule number 1: read til you understand, then read again then attempt to mess up your phone. You jumped past all the reading didn't you.
You need to uninstall the xPosed you put in there and correctly put the forked version for your Samsung touchwiz 5.0.x

I have zero experience with them, so READ TIL YOU UNDERSTAND THEN READ AGAIN. You reallly can (may have already) disable your device permanently so, stop leaping before you look. Get to that thread and get the help you desperately need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattzeller

What do you mean nothing happens? Safemode disables installed apps including xposed, how are you trying to go into safemode?
Just in case here's how:

With the device turned off, press and hold the Power key.
Release the Power key once the Samsung logo appears, then press and hold the Volume Down key until the device starts up. (Until you get to your lock screen)

I can not enter safe mode. I have tried maybe 10 times to do it. But thanks for trying to help me out. I think i have seen other people having trouble to enter safe mode also when they are in bootloop. Wonder what it means that it wont enter the phone in safe mode??

---------- Post added at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

Quote:

1 search plus
Home User Control Panel Private Messages Inbox Out of tokens to post with in forum :/

XDA Control Panel
Private Message: Out of tokens to post with in forum :/
Nergal di Cuthah
Today, 07:02 PM
Senior Member1,008 posts Thanks: 443

Out of tokens to post with in forum :/
Quote:
Yes for sure i jumped between the lines when i read. Hard lesson learned. Now i have a big headache instead

I have tried searching on google for a sollution but most of the internet pages i find only talks about pushing the disable.zip file with CWM or TWRP and there after it will work again.

But i have neither CWM or TWRP in my phone so i can forget about that.

But i found one website that talks about that it is possible to push it with adb. And it will install itself when it is pushing it over by itself.

Here is a link to the site. http://www.**********.com/sideload-r...-adb-sideload/

I will try it later today. Hopefully that will work. To bad i cant use odin. But that will trigger my counter and void warranty
31st July 2016, 05:38 PM |#110  

More
Alright. I have tried the push method with adb again. But i get only the same result as i got before in the posted picture i made.

Dont think i can push the file without CWM or TWRP installed.

Ok. Then what should i do now? Which is the best sollution to get into the phone without loosing any photos or videos?

Make a dirty flash maybe?
Or use a photo recovery tool maybe?

Please help me out. I am using my old s3 now and it is so frustrating when it is so slow. I want to use my s5 again
1st August 2016, 04:43 AM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
ok for the guys who have problem with this method ...try to use the uninstaller from @rovo89 at this link http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=3034811 .....sdk21 is for lollipop to install xposed framework on lolipop 5.0.......to un install the framework go to this link http://dl-xda.xposed.info/framework/ ....download uninstaller and flash it using custom recover like twrp,philz or cwm and use arm for devices like note 3,4,s5 etc arm64 is for devices like s7,s6,note5 etc.....So it worked for me try to use it on yours and lets see what happens........have a good day.
I do not own this method.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)