Remove All Ads from XDA

Xposed for Marshmallow 6.0.1

125 posts
Thanks Meter: 16

By iwanttoknow, Senior Member on 17th May 2017, 05:04 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I read in Xposed FAQ about Xposed framework installation :
Does this require root access?
Yes, because it replaces a file in /system/bin. Once the framework is installed, it should work without root access.

Noob question : is it also the case for my mobile SAMSUNG Galaxy A5 2016 running Marshmallow 6.0.1 and not rooted ?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

18th May 2017, 06:45 AM |#2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Mare Tranquillitatis
Thanks Meter: 2,598

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwanttoknow

I read in Xposed FAQ about Xposed framework installation :
Does this require root access?
Yes, because it replaces a file in /system/bin. Once the framework is installed, it should work without root access.

Noob question : is it also the case for my mobile SAMSUNG Galaxy A5 2016 running Marshmallow 6.0.1 and not rooted ?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Since Android Lollipop, the only requirement is an unlocked bootloader and a custom recovery (TWRP for example). Check this thread for more details about Xposed on a Samsung device with Android 6.0.1:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/xpo...lipop-t3180960
The Following User Says Thank You to Portgas D. Ace For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Portgas D. Ace Ad-Free
18th May 2017, 08:06 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
@Portgas D. Ace

Thanks for your reply.

I will read the thread you mentioned.

But I don't understand a point : to unlock a bootloader and install a custom recovery, I believed that the mobile have to be rooted.
Is it not the case ?

Sorry for my noob remarks.
18th May 2017, 09:18 AM |#4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Mare Tranquillitatis
Thanks Meter: 2,598

More
Well, for the numerous devices that I own, I had to unlock the bootloader before rooting was possible. But for detailed instructions, check the corresponding device subforum on XDA. There you'll find information about this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Portgas D. Ace For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Portgas D. Ace Ad-Free
19th May 2017, 06:14 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Portgas D. Ace

Well, for the numerous devices that I own, I had to unlock the bootloader before rooting was possible. But for detailed instructions, check the corresponding device subforum on XDA. There you'll find information about this.

Unfortunately after reading instructions, it seems that I will lose SAMSUNG warranty for my device. It's like rooting your device.
So I can't install Xposed framework on my Galaxy A5 2016, as I could do it for a "normal" application (without rooting my device).
I was thinking that it was possible since Android Marshmallow.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)