Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

Is Xposed or any of its modules suppose to give zygote root access?

1,708 posts
Thanks Meter: 206

By riahc3, Senior Member on 4th March 2017, 12:19 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
6th December 2017, 05:47 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 599

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Analog Kid

Ok, fine. But where did the "zygote" related discussion ended up? I've just had a zygote root permission request which I denied, and now SuperSU is not responding and crashing. Some other non root app nor Xposed module is also closing itself...

Zygote process is in the system, and should not request root permission (already has it).

You encountered a bug which you should have neither allowed/disallowed and just rebooted your device.

Search the supersu threads, the bug get's reported every now and then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire

There is a case where an internal crash of zygote(64) will attempt to create log files as root. This is a left-over from Android development and really shouldn't be in production builds, but it often is. It is impossible to know if that is the cause, though.

6th December 2017, 10:15 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 92

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by corkiejp

Zygote process is in the system, and should not request root permission (already has it).

You encountered a bug which you should have neither allowed/disallowed and just rebooted your device.

Search the supersu threads, the bug get's reported every now and then.

Well, I've searched for that indeed; but there's no concluding answer that I can spot whatsoever. Anyway, just to see if granting zygote root permission (Chainfire's "suggestion" picked from one zygote related discussion) resulted in any help, I just did... And it positively doesn't. SuperSu has exactly the same bad behavior. I even updated it to 2.82 SR5, to no avail. Nevertheless, I agree this is something that just entered device since SuperSU was working as usual for one month a few days back; I can say it started right after I tried the SuperSU logs section. As of know, I have a nice collection of different "Cracker" logs regarding SuperSU crashes (though, sometimes it just stops). One of the most dramatic SuperSU related events, involved multiple apps and even system stopping in sequence following SuperSU's own. That is something I couldn't even find reports of in any SuperSu nor zygote threads. I think I'll keep trying some stuff before definitely going full restore and start from zero.

Sent from my Moto G4 Plus using XDA Labs
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)