Remove All Ads from XDA

Xposed N817 ZTE Quest Failure

11 posts
Thanks Meter: 4

By fen72521, Junior Member on 4th July 2017, 05:41 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Xposed N817 ZTE Quest Failure, please help :< sadface
Current Environment:
one N817 ZTE Quest phone;kitkat 4.4.4;sdk19; security patch 2017-01-01;kernel 3.4.0-gb9ccd38-00530-gfb048cc-zte-kernel@Zdroid-SMT. armbli7a cortex-A9 this is an A9 not A7.
initial rooting
superSU & added TWRP
**at this point i tired everything to get xposed to work with releases below, then tried them as priv-app, all failed**

OpenGAPPS stock to replace googleware.
deodex & zip-aligned via kamometoolv7_kitkat
busybox update, 1.26 via f-droid
*i uninstalled and reinstalled various xposed versions, retired installing as system app, all same effect.*
official builds i have tired:
i have tried the official releases from the XPOSED repo, 2.5, 2.6, 2.6.1, 2.7.1.
unofficial build i have tired:
xpose 4.4.4+fix solwarz please note this is a FAIL these .so files will brick device. i tired all the solutions in this thread ie both old and newer fixes on the last page & frist. no avail.

currently installed:
XPosed 3.0.1 by dvdandroid -29/04/17
this seems to install the right app_process, in app says bridge 58. this failed then I installed:
xposedbusyboxsuppliement along side from some thread on xda, same effect as without it failure.
XposedStatusText installed one random modual to generate moduals.list that was missing! rebooted...FAILURE.
Symptoms & procedure:
install framework thru Flashing or classic system rewrite produces the same effect.
Xposed installer reports everything OKAY, also I can confirm install moved app_process correctly with permissions set.
/Click activate/ then reboot.
Booting gets past manufacture logo and goes to boot animation photo.
*waits 10mins just incase* Stuck at boot animation.
*presses power fast 5x to disable xposed*
phone finished booting into launcher.
check XPOSE, says installed but not activated, logs say nothing out of the ordinary.
retest with PC & adb for logcat.
ADB is available with shell su. logcat loops.
logcat excerpt on page 50 just before looping:
E/dalvikvm(30826): Not whitelisted : /data/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer/bin/XposedBridge.jar
E/dalvikvm(30826): Unable to construct file descriptor table.
E/dalvikvm(30826): VM aborting
F/libc (30826): Fatal signal 6 (SIGABRT) at 0x0000786a (code=-6), thread 30826 (zygote)
I/DEBUG ( 314): Process: zygote
I/DEBUG ( 314): pid: 30826, tid: 30826, name: zygote >>> zygote <<<
I/DEBUG ( 314): Build fingerprint: 'ZTE/ZTE_WELLINGTON/wellington:4.4.4/KTU84P/20170207.003453.27405:user/release-keys'
I/DEBUG ( 314): Revision: '0'
I/DEBUG ( 314): signal 6 (SIGABRT), code -6 (SI_TKILL), fault addr --------

for the socially challenged:
Some information provided maybe irrelevant as such do not go on tangents about irrelevant information! Do not go on tangents about WHY i would want to do anything. the case of the matter is this challenge sits before you, i ask your people's help in getting xposed to work properly on this device.
The Following User Says Thank You to fen72521 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fen72521 Ad-Free

4th July 2017, 01:34 PM |#2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

More
XPosed 3.0.1 by dvdandroid -29/04/17 should already have the updated https://github.com/rovo89/Xposed
that rovo89 updated late 2016 to workaround the securty patch from google that forces all zygote loaded stuff (jars) on a whistlist. after reading a 200 post github thread on the subject i am now more confused about what to do besides make a new rom entirely of which is out of the scope of my ability.
Can someone conmpile the latest xposebridge.jar against sdk19 and not sdk23? perhaps then we can use a higher bridge# than 58. or does one need to compile a new app_prosses?? or both?? Rovo has seem to fix the same issue but only updated the 5/6 android installers. Advice would be grand thanks.
12th July 2017, 03:31 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
help root
is it even possible to do a root on this device I have been at this for about a month and I cannot find ayone who has successfully rooted this device nor have I even came lose

please help
30th August 2017, 07:17 AM |#4  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by n-817_struggle

is it even possible to do a root on this device I have been at this for about a month and I cannot find ayone who has successfully rooted this device nor have I even came lose

please help

I just successfully rooted this device yesterday. Still need help? If so, I'll tell you and everyone else what I did.
24th November 2017, 05:20 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
vevevesaving the day
I might have solution.I have stock room!The original B011 firmware.I think your problem is you have B013 I believe.But in no means am I expert.My computer crashed,and my quest is stuck I'm bootloop with no software in it.I was debating to some how get it into download the update it from recovery TWRP but don't know what to do.The firmware roots very easily with Idiot or 360root.Anyone have solution.It was very tough to acquire this firmware and I did it for all of us,Sean
30th November 2017, 11:34 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD_Quest

I just successfully rooted this device yesterday. Still need help? If so, I'll tell you and everyone else what I did.

I would love to know, I have tried every known tool on pc and APK and nothing works. My security patch is the latest I think, 2017-08-01 so idk if it's possible for mine
31st December 2017, 06:26 AM |#7  

More
Need N817 Stock ROM and Flash Tool
Quote:
Originally Posted by petiolarissean

I might have solution.I have stock room!The original B011 firmware.I think your problem is you have B013 I believe.But in no means am I expert.My computer crashed,and my quest is stuck I'm bootloop with no software in it.I was debating to some how get it into download the update it from recovery TWRP but don't know what to do.The firmware roots very easily with Idiot or 360root.Anyone have solution.It was very tough to acquire this firmware and I did it for all of us,Sean

I would be very grateful if you could send me a link to download the stock firmware and flash tool needed. Thank you as I have soft-bricked my N817 Wellington.
16th January 2018, 05:08 PM |#8  

More
N817 MSM8610 vB011 Stock ROM
Quote:
Originally Posted by petiolarissean

You say you have the stock rom for this device, I really really need it. Could you point me in the right direction, as I have scoured the internet looking for this firmware. I check almost every day looking to see if someone has this ROM. Thank you in advance. Sincerely Tony.
17th January 2018, 11:06 PM |#9  

More
I do have stock firmware and could email it to you or even text you software. My pc down.Ive tried push firmware to internal memory via adb but fail. I'm at lose and don't know what DO.I would be happy help any way, sean
The Following User Says Thank You to petiolarissean For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift petiolarissean Ad-Free
19th January 2018, 01:13 PM |#10  

More
getting pc back today upload zip n817 quest!
The Following User Says Thank You to petiolarissean For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift petiolarissean Ad-Free
25th January 2018, 08:10 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Still waiting.

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)