Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

View Poll Results: Is Xposed preventing you from upgrading to Nougat?

Yes

536 Vote(s)
78.94%
No

143 Vote(s)
21.06%

Is Xposed preventing you from upgrading to Nougat?

1,708 posts
Thanks Meter: 206

By riahc3, Senior Member on 17th May 2017, 04:36 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
18th May 2017, 08:58 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
I have Xposed installed in MM because I prefer to keep Android 6 + Xposed than Android 7 alone.
By the way, I meet an issue, I don't know if it was already solved in the past, but many apps can't start due to Google play services missing. So I have installed Google play service and authorized the permissions without success.
Do you have an idea why ?
Thank you very much.

18th May 2017, 09:17 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 1,731

More
Nope. Rovio89 has no time to work on Xposed, meaning Xposed is pretty much dead.

I've upgraded my Nexus and Pixel devices to Nougat and have not missed it one bit.

---------- Post added at 15:17 ---------- Previous post was at 15:14 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by darzur

It's a shame that Xposed is developed with one developer only.

It's why Xposed is pretty much dead. Nougat has been out for 8 months now. Don't count on it.
18th May 2017, 09:58 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 301

Donate to Me
More
I know Rovo no have time for xposed, so why no upload source code. XDA have great dev, like Wanam, Topjohnwu, Arter, Chainfire itd itd... I know on 100% if them have sources, xposed on 7 be 6 month ago.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to koko115 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift koko115 Ad-Free
18th May 2017, 11:32 PM |#14  
Flag Tromsø
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Yes, sadly. Because of this one app refusing to work with root, so i have to use rootcloak.
19th May 2017, 12:25 AM |#15  
Daedalus:GlobalNode:HUB
Thanks Meter: 398

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by koko115

I know Rovo no have time for xposed, so why no upload source code. XDA have great dev, like Wanam, Topjohnwu, Arter, Chainfire itd itd... I know on 100% if them have sources, xposed on 7 be 6 month ago.

What? The source code is there..
19th May 2017, 04:29 AM |#16  
Flag Gilroy
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azdian

Actually I did upgrade to N and kept using it for like 6 months before I downgrade to MM again.

What made you decide to "downgrade"?

---------- Post added at 07:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 PM ----------

I have Viper 3.5.0 which is the last Viper rom with MM. It works great and I'm sticking with it for now. Need my Gravity Box and other Xposed apps.
19th May 2017, 09:35 PM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by riahc3

One of the main reasons I have not upgraded to Nougat, is the lack of Xposed support.

You?

Yep, and I'm missing Xposed on my tab s3 with nougat...
23rd May 2017, 03:54 AM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
No way I can live without Xposed. No nougat for me till then.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DaveImagery For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DaveImagery Ad-Free
23rd May 2017, 05:08 AM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Xposed has so many neat modules. Nougat isn't worth it if taht means leaving Xposed.
The Following User Says Thank You to akaSM For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift akaSM Ad-Free
23rd May 2017, 07:51 AM |#20  
Flag Narayanganj
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Staying on MM does not mean that I'm on a outdated system.
Instead of asking the device manufacturer to make the device secure, I'd love to control my security and privacy. With MM, I still got a good performance, battery life and still able to make a call or send an email or message :P .
I'd be on MM as long as I don't see anything that can replace xposed and until I buy a device that cannot be downgraded to MM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to izephyr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift izephyr Ad-Free
23rd May 2017, 08:35 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Yeah, but for how long? At some point we will have to give up and move on...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)