Remove All Ads from XDA
H10 Turbo

Xposed vs systemless xposed?

799 posts
Thanks Meter: 95

By maybeme2, Senior Member on 1st July 2018, 05:39 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I do not use androidPay or banking apps on my phone because I think it is unwise to do anything financial on a mobile device.

My current ROM is lineageos 14.1 which updates fine with Xposed framework installed. So I don't have to deal with stock ota updates.

For someone like me, on a custom rom, that does not use androidPay or banking apps on a phone, is there any advantage to switching from regular Xposed to systemless xposed?

2nd July 2018, 10:26 AM |#2  
Flag Trento
Thanks Meter: 322

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by maybeme2

... For someone like me, on a custom rom, that does not use androidPay or banking apps on a phone, is there any advantage to switching from regular Xposed to systemless xposed?

If you don't care very much about system/less installation of zips because you're on a custom rom, maybe the only advantage is that systemless xposed is easier to remove if you end up in a bootloop or if you have other kind of problems.
Also, disabling magisk will disable xposed (again, in case of problems).
So, I think the main benefit is this. I tested when I was on Oreo (now I'm on P beta) and yes, in case of bootloop or crashes, disabling xposed modules or systemless xposed in magisk is like a life saver sometimes.
The Following User Says Thank You to TENN3R For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TENN3R Ad-Free
2nd July 2018, 11:27 AM |#3  
Flag Brisbane
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:

I do not use androidPay or banking apps on my phone because I think it is unwise to do anything financial on a mobile device.

My current ROM is lineageos 14.1 which updates fine with Xposed framework installed. So I don't have to deal with stock ota updates.

For someone like me, on a custom rom, that does not use androidPay or banking apps on a phone, is there any advantage to switching from regular Xposed to systemless xposed?

Personally I don't"t think it matters. I am using s8 stock noughat 7.0 rom using rovo"s xposed ver 89 and magisk 16.4 with no issues.
From my understanding reading the op for systemless xposed it's basically Rovo"s version ported to be installed through magisk. So what ever problems you have with one version you would have with the other (app wise that is).
Either version does not pass safety net and can effect play store certification.
I am currently running about 10 exposed apps + about 13 root apps at the moment.
At the end of the day I think it would be a personal choice as to which you choose to use.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S8 using XDA Labs
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spawnlives For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift spawnlives Ad-Free
6th July 2018, 02:23 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 670

More
Quote:

Pfff... Get with the times, Grandpa!
6th July 2018, 06:50 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 95

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldeveraux

Pfff... Get with the times, Grandpa!

That's what a wired desktop is for. But, you go ahead.
10th July 2018, 06:26 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 584

More
Quote:

That's what a wired desktop is for. But, you go ahead.

Do you think what a wired desktop is more secure than your android/IOS device nowdays? ALL the OSs have their own compromises and malware, specially desktop OSs.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)