Thanks Meter: 492

By moriel5, Senior Member on 11th July 2016, 01:52 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
28th July 2016, 02:29 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 187

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by moriel5

Perhaps he doesn't have the time to boot up Remix OS or Android-x86?
After all, he needs that computer for the coding itself, and it takes too much time and energy to keep rebooting your computer every few seconds.

It can be booted from a usb stick. I think it was just a suggestion. Hopefully something can be done to get this working.

28th July 2016, 06:19 AM |#12  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripper22

It can be booted from a usb stick. I think it was just a suggestion. Hopefully something can be done to get this working.

No pressure, I already knew what you meant.
The best way to start, is with one of those small x86-64 chinese tablets.
That way, you can also connect it to you PC via USB, that way you also have easy access to logcat.
28th September 2016, 07:54 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Any developments here?
Has there been any news as to whether or not rovo89 has/will be compiling or distributing testing versions of Xposed for x86_64? Will be moving from Androidx86_64 to RemixOSx86_64 and am still very much willing to test said builds.
28th September 2016, 10:06 PM |#14  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiaxdaun

Has there been any news as to whether or not rovo89 has/will be compiling or distributing testing versions of Xposed for x86_64? Will be moving from Androidx86_64 to RemixOSx86_64 and am still very much willing to test said builds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovo89

I could try to compile it, but I don't have a device for testing...

@rovo89 needs a device. Until then I don't think anything will happen.
28th September 2016, 11:22 PM |#15  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

@rovo89 needs a device. Until then I don't think anything will happen.

Does Android-X86 on a laptop not foot the bill?
28th September 2016, 11:28 PM |#16  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by moriel5

Does Android-X86 on a laptop not foot the bill?

It was mentioned previously in this thread. I'm guessing that rovo89 has no interest in doing it that way.
28th September 2016, 11:35 PM |#17  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

It was mentioned previously in this thread. I'm guessing that rovo89 has no interest in doing it that way.

Ah, okay.
And I think that I may have been the one to mention it earlier in the thread.
29th September 2016, 05:41 PM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 97

More
I am also willing to test it. Before I realized, Iflashed x86 packages on my tablet, but I am always able to recover by flashing back the system or the boot image.

Please give us hope!
30th September 2016, 08:16 PM |#19  

More
Quote:

Originally Posted by rovo89

I could try to compile it, but I don't have a device for testing...

@tripper22 I think the point behind this post was not that @rovo89 needs a device, but that he needs testers for said build. Seeing as he said that he could try to compile it, and that testing it is what he would have trouble doing. With this in mind given the number of people on this thread who have said they're willing to test the x86_64 builds if provided to them I honestly don't see how not having an x86_64 device himself would be an obstacle, at least not a major one which could not be overcome fairly easily.
30th September 2016, 08:20 PM |#20  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiaxdaun

@tripper22 I think the point behind this post was not that @rovo89 needs a device, but that he needs testers for said build. Seeing as he said that he could try to compile it, and that testing it is what he would have trouble doing. With this in mind given the number of people on this thread who have said they're willing to test the x86_64 builds if provided to them I honestly don't see how not having an x86_64 device himself would be an obstacle, at least not a major one which could not be overcome fairly easily.

Well, if you are right. I would be happy to be a tester!
30th September 2016, 08:47 PM |#21  

More
You heard it here @rovo89. @moriel5 @veaceslav @tripper22 @tiaxdaun, and possibly @navyjosh and @Maromi. You've got yourself 6 testers, please release an alpha build of Xposed x86_64 that we can test for you, I'm sure the community as a whole would also appreciate it as 64-bit Intel handhelds become more common and Androidx86/RemixOS more popular. Plus I hear google will be releasing Andromeda soon, which based on the descriptions I've heard at least, sounds quite a lot like RemixOS, both functionally and aesthetically so maybe an Xposed x86_64 release would be of some use there as well.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tiaxdaun For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tiaxdaun Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)