Xposed for the x86-64 architecture?

1,574 posts
Thanks Meter: 536

By moriel5, Senior Member on 11th July 2016, 02:52 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
30th September 2016, 09:47 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
You heard it here @rovo89. @moriel5 @veaceslav @tripper22 @tiaxdaun, and possibly @navyjosh and @Maromi. You've got yourself 6 testers, please release an alpha build of Xposed x86_64 that we can test for you, I'm sure the community as a whole would also appreciate it as 64-bit Intel handhelds become more common and Androidx86/RemixOS more popular. Plus I hear google will be releasing Andromeda soon, which based on the descriptions I've heard at least, sounds quite a lot like RemixOS, both functionally and aesthetically so maybe an Xposed x86_64 release would be of some use there as well.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tiaxdaun For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tiaxdaun Ad-Free

1st October 2016, 09:23 PM |#22  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 536

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiaxdaun

You heard it here @rovo89. @moriel5@veaceslav@tripper22@tiaxdaun, and possibly @navyjosh and @Maromi. You've got yourself 6 testers, please release an alpha build of Xposed x86_64 that we can test for you, I'm sure the community as a whole would also appreciate it as 64-bit Intel handhelds become more common and Androidx86/RemixOS more popular. Plus I hear google will be releasing Andromeda soon, which based on the descriptions I've heard at least, sounds quite a lot like RemixOS, both functionally and aesthetically so maybe an Xposed x86_64 release would be of some use there as well.

I also know about other guys over at the Remix OS forums who will may be willing to test it as well.
26th October 2016, 12:06 AM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 97

More
I will be glad to test it on my Teclast X98 Plus II.
26th October 2016, 12:09 AM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 193

More
We know you are busy @rovo89 and we greatly appreciate all the work that you do. Can you let us know what we can do to help you make this a reality? Thanks.
28th October 2016, 07:37 AM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
would really be a big help if @rovo89 is willing to help on this. The only thing that's really maximising my tablet usage.

about the device for @rovo89 compilation; can't we just crowdfund this project? I'm sure there are willing desperate x64 intel device users around. (like me. hehe)
The Following User Says Thank You to wangiles For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wangiles Ad-Free
21st November 2016, 09:50 PM |#26  
Flag Monte Los Angeles (Califoggia)
Thanks Meter: 215

More
another tester available here, hope someone will listen to us
The Following User Says Thank You to brainvision For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift brainvision Ad-Free
22nd November 2016, 03:23 AM |#27  
Flag Lisboa
Thanks Meter: 237

Donate to Me
More
one more tester here ☺
22nd November 2016, 03:48 PM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I volunteer!
I can test it on my Teclast X98 Pro.

Sent from my X98 Pro using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Encinos For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Encinos Ad-Free
17th January 2017, 06:36 AM |#29  

More
It saddens me that this thread has been open for half a year, and has recieved so much support from potential testers, yet no response from @rovo89 since it was opened. I was reminded of this thread when I very recently switched back from RemixOS to Android-x86, and attempted to install Xposed again. Using v87 and 6.0-RC2 I made it farther than I previously had on any other x86_64 version of Xposed, though it admittedly wasn't far. This time around I only had to edit one line in the flash-script instead of 5-6 to stop it from immediately quitting, and when it claimed the package was not for my architecture it returned "Wrong Platform: x64 This file is for: x86". This was a pretty large step up from my last attempts (with both RemixOS 6.0, and Android-x86 6.0-RC1) where it mistakenly claimed my architecture was ARM even though I had Android installed on a machine running an i3. This was most likely a bug or bodge of some sort in Android-x86 rather than anything to do with xposed, but in either event that is a tiny step closer. I still hope @rovo89 either develops an x86_64 specific version of Xposed or includes x64 support into the existing x86 version in the future, seeing as I am stuck with the infamous post-MK3 bootloader SGH-i337 as my only actual mobile, and am thus very restriced in my ability to test or build more involved software on android outside of an Android-x86 installation. On top of that 6.0-RC1 32-bit has some very serious bugs that leaves it unusable on my machine, 6.0-RC1 64-bit not only suffers from most of the same bugs, but also isn't compatible with Xposed, and 6.0-RC2 32-bit has issues with the installer that prevent it from properly booting on my machine (the installed OS not the installer), so my only real chance to develop system tweaks or module based software is if we get an x86_64 version of Xposed.
The Following User Says Thank You to tiaxdaun For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tiaxdaun Ad-Free
17th January 2017, 07:48 AM |#30  

More
So, here's a little tid-bit: during my last attempt to install Xposed something caught my eye before I rebooted to encounter a bootloop, the line "cp: .//system/lib64/libart.so: file not found" so I decided to comb through the flash-script.sh file, and found something interesting:

Quote:

echo "- Placing files"
install_nobackup /system/xposed.prop 0 0 0644
install_nobackup /system/framework/XposedBridge.jar 0 0 0644

install_and_link /system/bin/app_process32 0 2000 0755 ubject_r:zygote_exec:s0
install_overwrite /system/bin/dex2oat 0 2000 0755 ubject_r:dex2oat_exec:s0
install_overwrite /system/bin/oatdump 0 2000 0755
install_overwrite /system/bin/patchoat 0 2000 0755 ubject_r:dex2oat_exec:s0
install_overwrite /system/lib/libart.so 0 0 0644
install_overwrite /system/lib/libart-compiler.so 0 0 0644
install_overwrite /system/lib/libart-disassembler.so 0 0 0644
install_overwrite /system/lib/libsigchain.so 0 0 0644
install_nobackup /system/lib/libxposed_art.so 0 0 0644
if [ $IS64BIT ]; then
install_and_link /system/bin/app_process64 0 2000 0755 ubject_r:zygote_exec:s0
install_overwrite /system/lib64/libart.so 0 0 0644
install_overwrite /system/lib64/libart-compiler.so 0 0 0644
install_overwrite /system/lib64/libart-disassembler.so 0 0 0644
install_overwrite /system/lib64/libsigchain.so 0 0 0644
install_nobackup /system/lib64/libxposed_art.so 0 0 0644
fi

Now the first thing you'll notice here is that this is where the actual installation occurs in the script. Allow me to direct your attention to the middle of that block, the line
Quote:

if [$IS64BIT]; then

followed by the installation of a few 64-bit components. I dug around my filesystem for a couple of minutes and found that I do indeed have the file
Quote:

/system/lib64/libart.so

(thankfully :P) so I checked the system folder contained in the flashable zip, and sure enough, no /lib64/libart.so. Now this may just be junk code left over from the ARM64 version, seeing as of the three version the ARM64 is the only one to contain a lib64 folder, however it does seem odd that this code would be left in for the ARM and x86 copies.
The Following User Says Thank You to tiaxdaun For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tiaxdaun Ad-Free
18th January 2017, 07:21 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 27

Donate to Me
More
You guys can count me in as another tester for x86_64 alpha/beta version.
I've got a Xiaomi Mi Pad 2 running Lollipop 5.1.1 that I would love to test Xposed on.
Bring it to us @rovo89 !!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)