Full adhesive Tempered Glass for Sony Xperia XZ Premium?

Search This thread

shadimar69

Jul 9, 2007

The demo shows a standard tempered glass screen protector being glued in onto the Gorilla Glass of the ZXP. Looks great and all, but how would you remove it if you damaged the screen protector only? Wouldn't glueing the screen protector on permanently make the replaceable protector sort of redundant? :p

I am all for a great fit screen protector but this does seam a little silly to me. :confused:

whiteangelcl

Oct 14, 2017
yes but please note that we do not use the standard 1000 glue or 2500 you can get on Aliexpress as those glue are extremely hard to remove.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Reactions: PLiPhaze

SNOOPLAYAN

Oct 25, 2017
Hi @whiteangelcl

How does this type of screen protect differ from the full adhesive tempered glass that you have with the coloured edges?

If I were to order it, do I need the special equipment that you have used during the "curing" process?

I tried so many screen protectors so far and they've all been terrible!

The full adhesive ones didn't cover the entire screens and the ones that covered the entire screen were not full adhesive.

If the screen protectors you have are able to provide full protection without affecting the colour accuracy or the clarity of the 4k display then I will buy it immediately :)

I hope that you can ship to England.

whiteangelcl

Oct 14, 2017
Hi @whiteangelcl

How does this type of screen protect differ from the full adhesive tempered glass that you have with the coloured edges?

If I were to order it, do I need the special equipment that you have used during the "curing" process?

I tried so many screen protectors so far and they've all been terrible!

The full adhesive ones didn't cover the entire screens and the ones that covered the entire screen were not full adhesive.

If the screen protectors you have are able to provide full protection without affecting the colour accuracy or the clarity of the 4k display then I will buy it immediately :)

I hope that you can ship to England.
Hi thanks for checking. The main difference is that those with the colored edges will block the color of the top and bottom portion of the phone and the edges on the right and left will cut off the display slightly.

This retail version will be launched in a weeks time and it comes with the full set of equipment necessary to complete the job.

whiteangelcl

Oct 14, 2017
It does cover the screen fully and also does not impact the color.

We do ship to England but the retail version is not out yet.

Will keep you posted.

benengyj

Jun 14, 2009
It does cover the screen fully and also does not impact the color.

We do ship to England but the retail version is not out yet.

Will keep you posted.

Based on the video, you guys are in Singapore right?

Also, is there a choice of the actual screen protector used? The one in the demo video has cutouts that seem a little "off" (not perfectly centered around the lens and sensor which triggers my OCD) and an extra hole for the notification light.

whiteangelcl

Oct 14, 2017
Based on the video, you guys are in Singapore right?

Also, is there a choice of the actual screen protector used? The one in the demo video has cutouts that seem a little "off" (not perfectly centered around the lens and sensor which triggers my OCD) and an extra hole for the notification light.
Hi yes we are from Singapore. There is only 1 type of tempered glass sad to say. There is a small dot at the notification light.

When we were pasting it, the alignment seems to be correct. Perhaps it is a camera angle issue. :)

goldenrealm

Jan 22, 2013
Is the retail version out yet?
I recently purchase the Red XZ Premium and is currently unhappy with my tempered glass as it only adhesive to the side only and I can see the adhesive line quite clearly when using the phone

whiteangelcl

Oct 14, 2017
Sorry the last post went wrong.

The retail version will be out soon. We are looking at our final batch of LOCA to meet our standards and we will be releasing it to the retail clients.

Thanks.

RJASSI21

Oct 20, 2013
Does this protector lessen the screen quality in anyway? My current protector im using is one of those plastic ones that stretch if you try to strech it. My issue with it is that it creates a rainbow effect when the brightness is high perhaps due to the sticky/glue on it. Does this do that or is it 100% clear to the point where it feels as if I dont have a protector on? Thanks

whiteangelcl

Oct 14, 2017
Hi thanks for asking no it does not lessen the quality in anyway. It is using LOCA to adhere the tempered glass to the display and LOCA is Liquid Optically Clear Adhesive.

It is a piece of tempered glass and due to the adhesive in the middle, there will be no rainbow effect even when the brightness is high.

It does add some thickness to the phone though as it is still a piece of additional tempered glass on top of your display but not to the extent that it becomes very thick.

RJASSI21

Oct 20, 2013
Hi thanks for asking no it does not lessen the quality in anyway. It is using LOCA to adhere the tempered glass to the display and LOCA is Liquid Optically Clear Adhesive.

It is a piece of tempered glass and due to the adhesive in the middle, there will be no rainbow effect even when the brightness is high.

It does add some thickness to the phone though as it is still a piece of additional tempered glass on top of your display but not to the extent that it becomes very thick.

If this is as perfect as you describe with no alterations to the screen quality and touch performance I will be completely sold on it. Well I am really I just need to try it out for myself now. Thanks.

whiteangelcl

Oct 14, 2017
If this is as perfect as you describe with no alterations to the screen quality and touch performance I will be completely sold on it. Well I am really I just need to try it out for myself now. Thanks.
Let me tell you the downside. As it is a LOCA based tempered glass, it requires a slightly higher patience level and it is more difficult than pasting a normal protector onto the phone. :)

RJASSI21

Oct 20, 2013
Let me tell you the downside. As it is a LOCA based tempered glass, it requires a slightly higher patience level and it is more difficult than pasting a normal protector onto the phone. :)

Im pretty good at applying protectors to my devices now even with the cheap crappy plastic one I manage to get no bubbles so im sure that shouldnt be too much of a problem.

jaseman

Aug 27, 2012
Spring
I have a 1/4 inch long scratch on my screen. You can see it when you look for it and can barely feel it with your fingernail. Will this LOCA protector hide this scratch?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi friends,

Here's the review just as promised :)

https://youtu.be/L-t3mtHAFpE
    Do let us apologize for the cost of shipping firstly but please rest assured that we do not earn anything from shipping.

Shipping tends to be quite costly from Singapore sad to say. Let us see if we can do anything to reduce it slightly maybe absorbing some on our end. Thanks for the feedback

I have previously seen the promotional video for this. Is there plans to release a fully clear one? The XZ premium deepsea black will not be the same as just a black one.

Will the LOCA be safe for use? as I saw your testing video on youtube having damaged your note 8 too.

Hi,

The LOCA that was used on the note 8 was the cheap one that comes with the Alibaba screen protectors. He was only showing that as a demonstration I believe.

The LOCA that was used on the XZ Premium is a much lighter version which can be strong enough to stick on the screen and it can also be removed with ease. Have a look at his most recent YouTube uploads.

You mean to tell me the protector is coloured at the top and bottom and that its not clear like in the video on the first post? How will that work out for people with the pink and red variants? I have the deepsea black one aswell but my brother has the red one a propper good screen protector is required for this premium device.

I can confirm that the screen protector that is advertised here is 100% clear with no ugly coloured edges :) it's also full adhesive!
    I just received my tracking number this morning 12/13/17. Review soon to come.
    BE WARNED...this is not as easy as the video makes it look. You will have a hard time getting it straight. When you watch the demo video you will notice that they mention doing this a hundred times to get it right...well that's because it takes a hundred tries.
    I had to use both LOCA tubes...one at a time of course.
    The first attempt had far too many bubbles because of me trying to center it and it became messy and frustrating. They need to include at least 4 tubes for peace of mind! However, cleaning up the LOCA after applying it is a very messy ordeal because you have to get it off of everything...YUK!
    My tube of alcohol was dry!?!?!?!?!?????
    I guess that's what happens when it takes 15 years for something to arrive in the mail! LOL

FOLLOW THE VIDEO INSTRUCTIONS AS CLOSELY AS YOU CAN!!!!!!!!

If you must try to move the protector after the LOCA has spread, or is still spreading then DO NOT push from the edges as this will cause bubbles to form. You may be able to push them out slowly...carefully...but NOT with your fingers!!! Using your fingers, even wrapped in the cloth, will still cause bubbles to form, and the cloth will soak up too much of the LOCA and smear it on the top of the screen, and then there will not be enough for under the screen and then your brain will start to go haywire and your eyes will bulge out of their sockets and the screaming that you hear off in the distance will be your screams echoing off the neighbors rooftops.

This is why the video says not to touch the protector after it is floating on the LOCA.

Use a toothpick made of wood and use it to grip the screen in the middle portions, away from the edges, and move it slowly and this will keep all bubble at the edges and they will fill in again on their own. A pencil eraser...connected to a pencil, will also work to carefully center it on the various ports and speaker openings. The key here is to use something that will grip the screen as it floats on the LOCA without there being too large of an area being touched...thus the use of the tooth pick.

If you do get any small bubbles they can be pushed out towards the edges...but do it slowly and carefully using the sides of the tip of the tooth pick.

The box the protector comes in mentions to "peel the protective layer off the adhesive side"...THERE IS NO PROTECTIVE LAYER ON THE "ADHESIVE" SIDE!
    You will notice a dot matrix pattern on the inside..screen side...of the protector. Not too sure why this is there but you do not see it after curing.

My protector had a visible "scratch" top-to-bottom about 1/3 inch in from one side. Hard to tell if it was on the inside or the outside. Cleaning did not remove it. I could not feel it with my fingernail so it was not a deep scratch..maybe just a mar of sorts in the material(s)???
    You will have to clean the protector itself after removing it from the foam sleeve it comes in.

However, after application the "scratch" is invisible. I was very worried about this. I could not feel the scratch but it was definitely visible before applying the protector to the LOCA.

I had a 1/4 inch long scratch on the phone screen itself that you could feel with your fingernail. I do not know exactly how I did this but I did it a few weeks ago. This application appears to have made it completely invisible, so I am happy about that. :D

The UV light does not stay on for a minute at a time but only about 30 seconds for each press of the on switch. So use it many, many times to cure the LOCA well.

Not too sure if the LOCA will affect the speaker openings. I suppose if you do not have to re-center yours at all that no LOCA will get in the speaker openings. For mine...well...it got in there all right. So I will have to hope that it does not muffle the sound. If it does then maybe I will take a razor blade and just cut out the waterproofing material from off of the speakers themselves...just kidding...but seriously! If you do get LOCA in the speaker openings then carefully try to soak it up.

While this may prove to be the best available screen protector for the XZ Premium...is NOT the easiest screen protector I have ever installed. I cannot speak to those wet application plastic ones as I have never bothered with anything but glass...and as far as glass protector installations go...this is by far the worst of them all.

Do I recommend this? I can neither recommend it nor tell you not to use it. You may have great success the first time around and sing its praises, or you may want to smash the whole thing to pieces after the first try. I just kept telling myself how much I paid for it...how long it took to get it...and that there is nothing else even close that works properly. Keep repeating this to yourself and it will help you to remain calm and patient! ;)

So go for it, take your time, watch the video, say your prayers, sacrifice your first born, kiss the wife, pet the dog, wash your face, get some sleep, eat copious amounts of beef jerky, and do NOT DRINK ALCOHOL before you do this...wait until you are done, and may the powers that be shower upon you all the good fortune that they possibly can...because you will need it! YMMV :fingers-crossed: