[OREO-FW-145] Sony Xperia XZ Premium TWRP, KERNEL, ROOT AND DRM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

sToRm//

Jun 24, 2017
Munich
hey strom i payed 20 euros and all i got was a download when i run the program it does nothing i connect my device but nothing shows up is there anything i m missing
Please open a ticket on xperifix.com because that's not related to this thread here I think. ;) If XperiFIX does nothing, then you have not set the activation key (comes with a separate mail). Like I mentioned, open a ticket. Thanks! :)

someone121

May 28, 2016
ok i did but i didnt received any separate email containing any activation key any how i did what you said

Miustone

Jul 23, 2012
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Just to let You know, it isn't in the Interest of SONY that People make Money with their DRM Stuff. And besides that is this barely Legal...
I can just recommend keeping such Things out of the Public (Paying for Android / Software Cracks). XDA should also not be the Place for such Things, and i hope the Moderators will say something about this childish Thread here...

XperiFIX_FIX Thanks a lot! I hope People don't pay to fix the Camera Function on a Device! AOSP delivers this for free, and if sToRm// isn't the One who finds a workaround does it someone else. Easy like that. Or we talk to SONY (What i did recently), about this big Problem and that People are making Money with that. Pretty sure they will change their Minds if enough People explain how stupid it is to loose the Camera Functionality after unlocking the Bootloader... (Petition)

Just 2 Cents from someone who has used and worked with many SONY Devices since the Xperia Arc

Last edited:

sToRm//

Jun 24, 2017
Munich
I never heard Myself5 asking for Donations, or Me... That is what Donations are. Free Gifts out of Thankfulness. Forcing People to pay for essential Things like the Camera (Or extra Features related to this Crack) is just... well i don't have the Words for it. The Camera is working since how long? How have they fixed it on other Devices? I can't imagine that it needs that much work since it just needs a edited Stock Kernel which loads the Crack. Done once is this just a matter of Updating!? How can You ask for Donations (Or Payments fits better) in this Case? Imagine how much work other put in this Devices, and all what this Tools does is making us dependent from a Windows PC or at least a PC at all and for what? To wait for a Tool Support Update to be able to use the latest Firmwares?

Search on XDA. Everyone should know that there are a lot more easy ways to get the Camera working. And no One ever wanted Money for that Ways (Or deserved Money for it since IT IS ESSENTIAL). SONY is informed and My guess is that a Lawsuit follows. Hope XDA can handle that ;)

That's not quite true. Only editing the kernel, or rather the ramdisk of the boot image, is not enough with the new devices. A fix as it was realized then, is no longer possible today. Back then, I spent countless hours finding a solution to this problem. Simply for the reason that I needed it myself for my device.

There were countless hours in which I had compared, studied and modified different firmware files of different versions. After I had managed to find the appropriate places and to patch the file of the firmware and get a fix to run, I have released it for free at XDA. It was never planned to ask for money, on the contrary. At no time did I beg for donations. And the donations I received, I used to buy, for example, licenses that were used for the development of XperiFIX. The first versions of XperiFIX were also always available for free download.

And ... In order to prevent users breaking their devices, it was necessary to study the respective firmware for each new firmware version. Because a change to the associated system files (via updates) could possibly have caused considerable damage. Therefore, it was necessary to invest enough time for each update to keep things as safe as possible.

I basically never had a problem with it. It was only when it started that users requested updates from me because it was taken for granted. And in addition to the updates, solutions for other devices were required. Then I thought about a new version, which is then released for a small fee. So it is easier for me to invest more time in the project and also to be able to offer support directly.

And as for the legality: The software processes with the new version only instructions from the device configuration. It acts as a tool and automatically executes statements. It flashes referenced packages and patches a system file based on preferences from the configuration. None of this is illegal. And if you offer something for free or for a fee, from the legal point of view makes no difference. Sony will not care.

Apart from that, the users are also not dependent on the software. Everyone is free to patch their mobile phone manually. The files for this are circulating here at XDA. Buying the software is nothing more than a solution for people who want to have it automated.

Indashio

Oct 24, 2014
That's not quite true. Only editing the kernel, or rather the ramdisk of the boot image, is not enough with the new devices. A fix as it was realized then, is no longer possible today. Back then, I spent countless hours finding a solution to this problem. Simply for the reason that I needed it myself for my device.

There were countless hours in which I had compared, studied and modified different firmware files of different versions. After I had managed to find the appropriate places and to patch the file of the firmware and get a fix to run, I have released it for free at XDA. It was never planned to ask for money, on the contrary. At no time did I beg for donations. And the donations I received, I used to buy, for example, licenses that were used for the development of XperiFIX. The first versions of XperiFIX were also always available for free download.

And ... In order to prevent users breaking their devices, it was necessary to study the respective firmware for each new firmware version. Because a change to the associated system files (via updates) could possibly have caused considerable damage. Therefore, it was necessary to invest enough time for each update to keep things as safe as possible.

I basically never had a problem with it. It was only when it started that users requested updates from me because it was taken for granted. And in addition to the updates, solutions for other devices were required. Then I thought about a new version, which is then released for a small fee. So it is easier for me to invest more time in the project and also to be able to offer support directly.

And as for the legality: The software processes with the new version only instructions from the device configuration. It acts as a tool and automatically executes statements. It flashes referenced packages and patches a system file based on preferences from the configuration. None of this is illegal. And if you offer something for free or for a fee, from the legal point of view makes no difference. Sony will not care.

Apart from that, the users are also not dependent on the software. Everyone is free to patch their mobile phone manually. The files for this are circulating here at XDA. Buying the software is nothing more than a solution for people who want to have it automated.

Hi @sToRm//
Yesterday i pay for 2.3 xperifix and it not working. I set fastboot and i have unlocked single xz premium. Xperifix dont see my xperia in fastboot
I see you today update xperifix and what ? i need pay today too for this ?

sToRm//

Jun 24, 2017
Munich
Hi @Storm Yesterday i pay for 2.3 xperifix and it not working. I set fastboot and i have unlocked single xz premium. Xperifix dont see my xperia in fastboot
I see you today update xperifix and what ? i need pay today too for this ?
No, you don't have to pay again. The download link should work for every new version.
But this thread isn't about XperiFIX, so please open a ticket on the website (with the email address from your purchase).
It's a driver problem, if your device isn't recognized by the software. Let's fix it with a ticket.
Cheers!

oneheart

Mar 17, 2011
Last edited:

MaxWolface

Nov 19, 2017
Hi, Storm! im user from 4PDA, we want xperifix too! But we cant to pay in paypal. Please make visa\mastercard pay option, or other popular payment service in Europe. Also we love your creation! Peace!

sToRm//

Jun 24, 2017
Munich
Hi, Storm! im user from 4PDA, we want xperifix too! But we cant to pay in paypal. Please make visa\mastercard pay option, or other popular payment service in Europe. Also we love your creation! Peace!
Credit cards are supported since a few days. You can choose between PayPal and CC. But please, don't use this thread for XperiFIX related questions. Thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Working....

.................. FROM THE MODERATOR OKA1.................

When there is something to see we can reopen

......Until then .......... THREAD IS CLOSED .......................
    Now we have to pay for restore our device

explain me the situation of a payment, in what context? :confused: to restore what? :confused: be more specific please

Edit: ok i just saw the problem .... but we always find what we are looking for on google if we do not want to go through the site of storm.

but I agree, it's paid off and that's a shame.
    there will always be someone who will propose it elsewhere on the network

No, you do not have to pay. You can also sit down and write your own fix or program suitable software. I find it sad that today everyone wants to benefit from the time and work of other people, but is unwilling to pay for it. Everything has to be free. And then there are still demands made, what the developer should do.

There are several reasons why I offer XperiFIX for a fee. And I think it's pretty outrageous to complain about that. I've spent almost a year providing the community with a solution that was then free. If I had not invested hundreds of hours to scour the firmware and kernel and all security features, there probably would not be any fix for the current devices. And that to this day.

I have invested well over 800 hours in total. I have costs for licenses, webhosting, etc. I receive emails with questions almost daily, should help countless users, even be written on Facebook and partly called. With each firmware update, I have invested time and also released an update. And not only for the XZ Premium that I own, but also for the other devices. In principle, I could have kept everything for myself at that time, without publishing any fix.

I was then advised by another user, if successful (for a fix), issue a fee-based fix and offer nothing for free. Because most people are just ungrateful. And I have to give the user right now. XperiFIX was downloaded hundreds of thousands of times. Only about 80 donations were received. Most of them with 2-5 euros, of which a large part is already deducted from PP fees.

However, it is expected that I will continue to invest my time. So I am so free and ask for a fee. And I think that 20 euros are absolutely justified. As taxes are due, about 15 euros are left. I carry all the costs from this and still have a small tip left. The updates can be downloaded for licensed users for free. So where is the problem please?

And ... Sure, there will be sources where users get a fix for free. But only so long, until Sony changes something in the security features. And at the latest then, these people come across a problem. I will then repeat my work and try to create a fix, but I will not offer it publicly anymore.
    why no put the file to the people who doesnt cant make a donation or something not everyone have the money to pay things like that i really appreciate your work relly much , but if we had to pay i think that i will have my device with green pictures for always or i need to stay in old firmwares (im talking just the files inside data like drmpatch xperifix.zip just that) thanks for undertanding our problem
    So you want to say that someone who buys a smartphone for up to 800 Euros (my XZP was 730 Euros) can not afford the 20 Euros for XperiFIX? Really?
    Just to let You know, it isn't in the Interest of SONY that People make Money with their DRM Stuff. And besides that is this barely Legal...
    I can just recommend keeping such Things out of the Public (Paying for Android / Software Cracks). XDA should also not be the Place for such Things, and i hope the Moderators will say something about this childish Thread here...

XperiFIX_FIX Thanks a lot! I hope People don't pay to fix the Camera Function on a Device! AOSP delivers this for free, and if sToRm// isn't the One who finds a workaround does it someone else. Easy like that. Or we talk to SONY (What i did recently), about this big Problem and that People are making Money with that. Pretty sure they will change their Minds if enough People explain how stupid it is to loose the Camera Functionality after unlocking the Bootloader... (Petition)

Just 2 Cents from someone who has used and worked with many SONY Devices since the Xperia Arc
    No, you do not have to pay. You can also sit down and write your own fix or program suitable software. I find it sad that today everyone wants to benefit from the time and work of other people, but is unwilling to pay for it. Everything has to be free. And then there are still demands made, what the developer should do.

There are several reasons why I offer XperiFIX for a fee. And I think it's pretty outrageous to complain about that. I've spent almost a year providing the community with a solution that was then free. If I had not invested hundreds of hours to scour the firmware and kernel and all security features, there probably would not be any fix for the current devices. And that to this day.

I have invested well over 800 hours in total. I have costs for licenses, webhosting, etc. I receive emails with questions almost daily, should help countless users, even be written on Facebook and partly called. With each firmware update, I have invested time and also released an update. And not only for the XZ Premium that I own, but also for the other devices. In principle, I could have kept everything for myself at that time, without publishing any fix.

I was then advised by another user, if successful (for a fix), issue a fee-based fix and offer nothing for free. Because most people are just ungrateful. And I have to give the user right now. XperiFIX was downloaded hundreds of thousands of times. Only about 80 donations were received. Most of them with 2-5 euros, of which a large part is already deducted from PP fees.

However, it is expected that I will continue to invest my time. So I am so free and ask for a fee. And I think that 20 euros are absolutely justified. As taxes are due, about 15 euros are left. I carry all the costs from this and still have a small tip left. The updates can be downloaded for licensed users for free. So where is the problem please?

And ... Sure, there will be sources where users get a fix for free. But only so long, until Sony changes something in the security features. And at the latest then, these people come across a problem. I will then repeat my work and try to create a fix, but I will not offer it publicly anymore.
    100% you are right.
    i am with you in all you mean.

for me i will fimd a solution to pay because in my country don't have paypal.
    and 20 euro is fine for now and getting future update.
    so 20 euro is fine and all here want to pay and hope i can pay and next version will be for xz2 and so on