FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[RECOVERY][maple]TWRP for the Xperia XZ Premium

2,745 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,556

Post Reply Email Thread
NOTICE: As per continuously offending post by people like @FartyParty I don't feel like doing anything for the XZP currently. Enjoy.

P.S: Go to hell if you think free / community developers are your slaves just because they released their work in public

Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

DOWNLOAD:
https://twrp.me/sony/sonyxperiaxzpremium.html

SOURCES:
Kernel
Device Tree

BUGS:
Please let me know about any bugs you encounter, I will look into them ASAP.

MISC:
The sources are based on what @AndroPlus did so far, but all that is kept ATM is the encryption logic.
The sonyxperiadev kernel gets compiled from source (linked above) and I'm not using any stock code other than the encryption code anymore. A lot of code also has been removed/cleaned up.

XDA:DevDB Information
TWRP, Tool/Utility for the Sony Xperia XZ Premium

Contributors
Myself5

Version Information

Created 2017-07-20
Last Updated 2017-12-08
The Following 32 Users Say Thank You to Myself5 For This Useful Post: [ View ]

20th July 2017, 03:50 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 174

More
20th July 2017, 04:24 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
That's great. Thank you!

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

bad news !it still displays Sony logo in recovery mode ,similar to [NOSCREEN]TWRP-3.1.1-0-maple

on the G8142_45.0.A.7.90

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by FartyParty

Thank you so much! This is amazing!
I flashed it and it works perfectly!

What version of your firmware is ? i test on G8142_45.0.A.7.90 , it's not good working--Adb_interface could not find the driver
20th July 2017, 04:26 PM |#4  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneheart

That's great. Thank you!

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

bad news !it still displays Sony logo in recovery mode ,similar to [NOSCREEN]TWRP-3.1.1-0-maple

on the G8142_45.0.A.7.90

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------

What version of your firmware is ? i test on G8142_45.0.A.7.90 , it's not good working

I'm on the same fw but did you hold power+volume down to enter twrp?
20th July 2017, 04:39 PM |#5  

More
Quote:

yes i do,Is it because of Magisk?
20th July 2017, 04:39 PM |#6  
Quote:

That's great. Thank you!

on the G8142_45.0.A.7.90

What version of your firmware is ? i test on G8142_45.0.A.7.90 , it's not good working--Adb_interface could not find the driver

Quote:

Are you both using the DualSIM variant (G8142)? I built and tested this on the SingleSIM (G8141) so I wouldn't know if there is any potential issue with the DualSIM one. Though, the recommendation to boot using the Power+Vol down combo is probably what you need to try.

EDIT: shouldnt be because of magisk. I'll upload a build that specifically uses the DualSIM kernel, maybe thats what causes your issue.
EDIT2: I derped, there is no DualSIM specific kernel, so your issue must be cause by something else.
The Following User Says Thank You to Myself5 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th July 2017, 04:54 PM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myself5

Are you both using the DualSIM variant (G8142)? I built and tested this on the SingleSIM (G8141) so I wouldn't know if there is any potential issue with the DualSIM one. Though, the recommendation to boot using the Power+Vol down combo is probably what you need to try.

EDIT: shouldnt be because of magisk. I'll upload a build that specifically uses the DualSIM kernel, maybe thats what causes your issue.
EDIT2: I derped, there is no DualSIM specific kernel, so your issue must be cause by something else.

I tried and tried ,and still failed! G8142
20th July 2017, 04:59 PM |#8  

More
[/COLOR]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myself5

No I'm on single sim so no worries. It works perfectly! I held power+volume down and it went straight into twrp.

Quote:

yes i do,Is it because of Magisk?

No, I had Magisk installed when flashing this.
20th July 2017, 05:00 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 68

More
Thank you so much, now all we need is a DRM fix and we are good to go.

I suppose that unlocking the bootloader is necessary to flash the recovery?
20th July 2017, 05:14 PM |#10  

More
I don't know what happened, but it success now!however, it cannot mount SD card
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_1970-02-24-15-06-05.png
Views:	724
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	4218152   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_1970-02-24-14-58-26.png
Views:	722
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	4218153  
The Following User Says Thank You to oneheart For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift oneheart Ad-Free
20th July 2017, 05:19 PM |#11  

More
Quote:

I don't know what happened, but it success now!however, it cannot mount SD card

That's an issue with TWRP 3.1.1-0.
Older versions of TWRP can mount just fine.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)