[Sony] Xperia Open Devices Project

Search This thread

No-New-Phone

Jan 15, 2011
Xiaomi Poco F1
I do have a more general question. How does Sony decide to put a device on the open device list? For my current oneplus x device, it was as easy as to click the "unlock bootloader" button in developer settings. Done.

The new xz2 compact for me could be the perfect piece of hardware, small body, best processor. And I could live with Sony software for about a year maybe. More precisely, my question regarding open devices heads to the following direction:

- is this a random decision?
- a planned decision (x months after availability)
- immediately when official support ends

Maybe you can try to give us some insight on the matter, or forward the questions to the people involved, as it's very unlikely that I will buy a piece of hardware without knowing to own it completely.

Thanks!

Gesendet von meinem ONE E1003 mit Tapatalk

jerpelea

Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 7, 2006
Lund
sites.google.com
I do have a more general question. How does Sony decide to put a device on the open device list? For my current oneplus x device, it was as easy as to click the "unlock bootloader" button in developer settings. Done.

The new xz2 compact for me could be the perfect piece of hardware, small body, best processor. And I could live with Sony software for about a year maybe. More precisely, my question regarding open devices heads to the following direction:

- is this a random decision?
- a planned decision (x months after availability)
- immediately when official support ends

Maybe you can try to give us some insight on the matter, or forward the questions to the people involved, as it's very unlikely that I will buy a piece of hardware without knowing to own it completely.

Thanks!

Hi,

Open Devices Program suports all devices built on a Qualcom SOC and XZ2 devices will be added soon.

Regards
J

Reactions: No-New-Phone

Lirannl

Nov 19, 2012
Brisbane
Hey, I heard a lot of references to 120hz. Can the display actually run at 120hz on AOSP? I'm thinking of flashing AOSP soon.

No-New-Phone

Jan 15, 2011
Xiaomi Poco F1
Hi,

Open Devices Program suports all devices built on a Qualcom SOC and XZ2 devices will be added soon.

Regards
J
As far as I can see in development threads of the xz1c, the biggest issue seems to be the handling of the camera once the bootloader is unlocked.

Do you have (or can you get) any more information regarding the camera stack? Of course sony has any right to protect its software, but adding devices to the open source program without having access to an essential part of the hardware seems to be a major issue. So, will this become available, as for the xz1c and / or xz2c?

shoey63

Recognized Contributor
@jerpelea
getting this error when compiling with latest android-8.1.0_r35 branch
Code:
vendor/qcom/opensource/camera/QCamera2/HAL3/QCamera3HWI.cpp:11560:14: error: use of undeclared identifier 'af_value'
    if (atoi(af_value) == 0 && mCameraId == 0) {
             ^
Are you able to replicate it? Why is there a problem with <af_value> and how can it be fixed?
Please look into it when, and if you find the time.

Edit: it's been fixed upstream
The faulty line is now
Code:
if (m_bForceInfinityAf == 0 && mCameraId == 0) {

Last edited:

Osleg

Oct 12, 2010
After lots of tinkering I was able to build and flash AOSP 9.
It seems to work fine, the main question tho is where to get compatible GApps? Tried opengapps project, after flashing the phone doesn't boot anymore

Reactions: BenjiScale

shoey63

Recognized Contributor
After lots of tinkering I was able to build and flash AOSP 9.
It seems to work fine, the main question tho is where to get compatible GApps? Tried opengapps project, after flashing the phone doesn't boot anymore
Open gaps modifies system files therefore you need to disable dm-verity.
Flashing Magisk will do it for you.
So procedure is
- Flash images
- Boot to TWRP recovery
- Factory reset
- Flash gapps
- Flash Magisk
- Reboot
Do not boot to system and install gapps after. Gapps must be installed before first boot or after a factory reset.

Last edited:
Reactions: lunarjetman1

Top Liked Posts