FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Bluetooth turns off by itself

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By donpipino, Junior Member on 11th June 2017, 01:56 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello! I got my XZ Premium this Friday, and I got this problem almost right away.

I have a Huawei Watch connected to my phone, the problem is that Bluetooth on the phone turns itself off quite often. Sometimes it happens after 30 minutes, another time it happens after 2 hours.

I have to activate Bluetooth on the phone again when it happens, so it's not that the watch is disconnecting by itself.

Is anyone else having this problem? This might not be specific to the XZ Premium, it might be a bug in Android.
 
 
13th June 2017, 09:03 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 44
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by donpipino

Hello! I got my XZ Premium this Friday, and I got this problem almost right away.

I have a Huawei Watch connected to my phone, the problem is that Bluetooth on the phone turns itself off quite often. Sometimes it happens after 30 minutes, another time it happens after 2 hours.

I have to activate Bluetooth on the phone again when it happens, so it's not that the watch is disconnecting by itself.

Is anyone else having this problem? This might not be specific to the XZ Premium, it might be a bug in Android.

I have the same problem, it looks like bluetooth got serious issues on Android 7. I have problems with bluetooth song information not being updated on my car radio, so I decided to create a bug report. "Luckily" the bluetooth turned off about 20 sec after I turned it on. So my bug report should contain necessary data to fix this issue, I've sent it over to Sony support.
The Following User Says Thank You to admad For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift admad Ad-Free
15th June 2017, 08:07 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I solved this problem! I went into the Network settings and there was a choice called Reset Network Settings (I think, my phone is in Swedish). I lost all my Bluetooth connections and every Wifi I had connected to, but after that reset the Bluetooth works!
15th June 2017, 08:31 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Flag Lihue
Thanks Meter: 173
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by admad

I have the same problem, it looks like bluetooth got serious issues on Android 7. I have problems with bluetooth song information not being updated on my car radio, so I decided to create a bug report. "Luckily" the bluetooth turned off about 20 sec after I turned it on. So my bug report should contain necessary data to fix this issue, I've sent it over to Sony support.

I have the U11 which is also on 7.1.1. I have this annoying problem too :/

Car just won't work correctly. Apparently 7.1.2 might have the fixes in it but I don't know when the U11 will get that.
16th June 2017, 12:20 AM |#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 40
 
More
Personally I don't care if it's an Android or Sony problem. I know I am SICK AND TIRED of buying expensive phone(s) from many OEM's only to discover that we are receiving units that do not function as advertised!! It is time that these OEM's start improving their quality control to make sure that these things work. These are not $20.00 items but several hundred dollars each. TIme for the lawyers!
I also wish those who review these things would STOP with all the camera crap and put these things through their paces in the area's that are most important.... like signal quality.... all signals. There is too much emphasis on gaming, VR, and how well the camera can take pictures in the dark. Who cares if you cannot connect to anything??? Get a DSLR if you must take pictures with the lights off. So stupid!
23rd June 2017, 11:42 PM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by donpipino

I solved this problem! I went into the Network settings and there was a choice called Reset Network Settings (I think, my phone is in Swedish). I lost all my Bluetooth connections and every Wifi I had connected to, but after that reset the Bluetooth works!

Question now is for how long does fix last. Mine goes in and out daily as well as periodically and really creates havoc with my SWR12, (SmartBand 2), vibrates something wicked as well as draining the battery. Tried your suggestion on my own and in no time problem reappeared. Ultimately, is this an Android 7 problem or Sony jinx?
24th June 2017, 12:18 AM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpioViking

Question now is for how long does fix last. Mine goes in and out daily as well as periodically and really creates havoc with my SWR12, (SmartBand 2), vibrates something wicked as well as draining the battery. Tried your suggestion on my own and in no time problem reappeared. Ultimately, is this an Android 7 problem or Sony jinx?

Good to know I'm not the only one with this problem (or not good, but you know what I mean)

Yeah I spoke way too soon, the problem reappeared a few hours after. I guess I was too positive The same thing is happening here, my Huawei Watch is vibrating like crazy.

There doesn't seem to be any pattern when it turns off either, one time it can be after 30 minutes, the next after a few hours. It happens both at home and my workplace, so not location-related. Extremely annoying!

I think this is a bug with the XZ Premium, but I'm not sure.
20th July 2017, 04:28 PM |#8  
loofmodnar's Avatar
Junior Member
Rochester, NY
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
This has been driving me nuts since I got the phone. At first I thought it was a battery saving thing but it's pretty inconsistent. The good news is it seems to maintain a connection as long as I'm actively using bluetooth for my headset or speakers but after I stop it shuts off after a period of time.
20th July 2017, 06:41 PM |#9  
Mangtas_666's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 90
 
More
I have the same issue what i did is forget the device that was connected and reconnect it. So far i haven't notice turning off by itself. Hope it would not happen again.

Sent from my G8142 using XDA-Developers Legacy app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes