FORUMS

Display problem pixel grid(?)

6 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By piccolobroker, Junior Member on 24th June 2017, 10:49 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello guys i have a question: is it normal that i can see horizontal and vertical lines forming something like a pixel grid ( maybe it's the pixel grid itself) on the screen especially while watching white images with high brightness? Is it something that every xz premium have or is it just a problem of my Phone?*

Thanks for everyone that Will help me. This thing is Making me pretty sad because the screen look like an old (really old) generation one

Inviato dal mio G8141 utilizzando Tapatalk
24th June 2017, 03:11 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Sounds like a defect, you should RMA that phone asap.
24th June 2017, 03:40 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Can you take a picture of what you are seeing with another camera?
24th June 2017, 04:20 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
I've tryed but my cameras aren't able to focus on such micro details. The lines im talking about are perpendicular to the edges and form micro squares just like a pixel grid; its an hardware thing not some effect showed from the display. I Hope that i have explained it better and sorry for my English. Thanks a lot for helping me.*

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk
24th June 2017, 04:24 PM |#5  

More
Really strange, I would also suggest returning your phone. I personally can see a slight zig-zag pattern when the screen is at full brightness showing pure white. Like this

Or maybe it's just my brain playing tricks on me...
24th June 2017, 06:10 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
Yeah it's like a texture on the screen and not only with white, with every light color like green light Grey and light blue for example in Facebook is visible everywhere.

24th June 2017, 06:31 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
I got some pics. Look for example at the chrome icon. It's pixellated like in an iPhone 3gs. This is all clearly visible in all the screen just with certain colours is more evident. https://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/594ea14fc7c1c/image1-1.JPG
https://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/594ea15d154ca/image1.JPG

look at chrome icon

24th June 2017, 07:21 PM |#8  

More
I have the same 'problem'. I believe all XZP phones will have it as it is caused by the strange pixel arrangement, so exchanging your phone won't change anything.
24th June 2017, 07:32 PM |#9  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuffinBomber

I have the same 'problem'. I believe all XZP phones will have it as it is caused by the strange pixel arrangement, so exchanging your phone won't change anything.

this make me sad cause i can clearly see it with naked eyes and. i was expecting best display ww and get a pixellated one like an iPhone 3gs lmao such a joke.
24th June 2017, 07:55 PM |#10  

More
Here's some more info

I think if the pixels were completely straight and vertical we wouldn't notice this effect as much. After all this is a 4K display with 806 ppi so our eyes shouldn't be able to distinguish between the individual pixels. I'd like to check out the S8's screen and see if I can notice a similar effect as well.
24th June 2017, 11:05 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 110

More
I see the same thing on my XZ Premium. I can see the pattern quite easily when I browse the internet in bed. My HTC U11 looks far sharper at the same distance. Even my Mate 9 (1080p @ 5.9") looks sharper... I do see some sort of pattern on the HTC U11 and Mate 9, but it is a more subtle pattern that doesn't jump out at you as much as the XZ Premium.

I am assuming this issue is probably just a combination of the odd pixel layout and whatever sub-pixel interpolation Sony is doing to upscale 1080p to 2160p. It is a little disappointing to see this so easily on the screen.

At first I thought I had a defective phone since every review is talking about the insane ppi and how sharp everything is... I guess there are some people like us who see this pattern more easily than others...

Edit: Added pictures
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	xzp screen pattern 1.jpg
Views:	1004
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	4192495   Click image for larger version

Name:	xzp screen pattern 2.jpg
Views:	996
Size:	106.4 KB
ID:	4192496  
The Following User Says Thank You to walrusmonarch For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift walrusmonarch Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)