FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Poll: Do you see distortion issue with your Xperia XZ Premium?

Yes, and very noticeable & unacceptable

78 Vote(s)
59.54%
Yes, but negligible & acceptable

36 Vote(s)
27.48%
No, I haven't seen any on my XZP

17 Vote(s)
12.98%

Poll: Do you see distortion issue with your Xperia XZ Premium?

59 posts
Thanks Meter: 15

By yyiimm, Member on 22nd June 2017, 03:26 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I've seen a few threads discussing this issue and even xperiablog picked it up today.
But in the end, I think what's most important is how general users see and feel about it.

So I'd like to hear your voice.

Note: No need to prove anything. You can be completely subjective

Added: XZs has the same camera and the same issue, so XZs users are also welcome to participate. as well!

22nd June 2017, 03:37 AM |#2  
Flag Fresno
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yyiimm

I've seen a few threads discussing this issue and even xperiablog picked it up today.
But in the end, I think what's most important is how general users see and feel about it.

So I'd like to hear your voice.

Note: No need to prove anything. You can be completely subjective

I personally haven't noticed it in any of the pictures I've taken so far, but I don't take a ton of pictures either. I have noticed that if you don't give it ample time to focus the pictures turn out terrible. The focus isn't as fast as advertised in my experience.

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk
22nd June 2017, 07:20 AM |#3  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Hi!
I call this one a scene from Inception
The middle building is falling same with those on the left
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iul777 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iul777 Ad-Free
22nd June 2017, 09:02 AM |#4  
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 434

More
Take a look at this post:

http://www.xperiablog.net/2017/06/21...Xperia+Blog%29

There are some interesting explainations about this.
22nd June 2017, 11:16 AM |#5  
Flag Arlington Texas
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Haven't seen any distortion whatsoever. I tried taking shots of grids to reproduce. Do you have to be a certain distance? I'm very happy with the camera so far.
22nd June 2017, 01:45 PM |#6  
OP Member

More
Does anyone know a way to minimize distortion?
22nd June 2017, 03:09 PM |#7  
OP Member

More
Quote from XperiaBlog comment:

Quote:

I recently became the proud owner of an Xperia XZ Premium. I spent this morning trying to fix distorted images of a lighthouse with what should have been a straight horizon. Then I read this article.

I contacted Sony and told them about the problem, and they gave me a fix. I've been told in the settings, under Superior auto, scroll down to the More options. On Auto-capturing select Smile Shutter. (Actually, they asked me to reduce the resolution to 17Mp 16:9 before setting to Smile Shutter - then I could change back to 19Mp 4:3 - not sure this is necessary.)

I'm very sceptical, but over the next couple of days I shall try and get back to the coast for a decent horizon with which to test it.

22nd June 2017, 04:14 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by schickel

Take a look at this post:

http://www.xperiablog.net/2017/06/21...Xperia+Blog%29

There are some interesting explainations about this.

hardware issue for sure ,sony should at least fix as much as possible like Samsung

Forwarding:
samsung start selling their S7&S7e model in March last year, some users feedback camera with distortion issue to the samsung official forum, which is the pincushion distortion just like XZP ,but not bad as XZP level. And samsung developer wrote quick reply which said they will study to fix the problem ,After three weeks the S7&S7E received a new FW upgrade which come with a new camera options SHAPE CORRECTION. Yes,when you focusing still can see the distortion on screen,but saved photo has been corrected close to perfect.

Original link:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/xz-...hotos-t3622842
The Following User Says Thank You to Needoxygen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Needoxygen Ad-Free
22nd June 2017, 04:28 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Found this issue few days ago when four guys joint photo every one have distortion head and shortened body. Swap back iphone ,much better.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift [email protected] Ad-Free
22nd June 2017, 06:01 PM |#10  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]

Found this issue few days ago when four guys joint photo every one have distortion head and shortened body. Swap back iphone ,much better.

Yeah, I've seen a few photos with person. The distortion is sometimes obvious with even no-liner object.
22nd June 2017, 08:37 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I do have this issue....
SONY needs to fix it.

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 PM ----------

Lol. This is really bad....

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
distortion issue, photo, xperia xz premium

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)