65 posts
Thanks Meter: 12

By Combonary, Member on 16th August 2017, 07:23 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd September 2017, 04:05 AM |#11  
Flag Manila
Thanks Meter: 259

More
When I first got my XZP, the notification sounds did have a bit static to it, like it was too loud or something. I remember reading before that the speaker has to be calibrated before use (play music for 30 minutes straight) and the speakers should calibrate. If you notice in the service test menu, there's a new test called "Speaker Calibration". Upon checking it after the 30 minutes thing, it said "Calibrated". Notification sounds played as normal from the on. Maybe you just had to calibrate the speakers or something?

25th September 2017, 10:44 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
So does the right speaker still sound like utter trash? Mine sure does. I believe all xperias have this design flaw. Sony please fix it ASAP!
26th September 2017, 10:21 AM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 76

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lebigmac

So does the right speaker still sound like utter trash? Mine sure does. I believe all xperias have this design flaw. Sony please fix it ASAP!

Mine are both nearly equal.

Youtube however is far louder than netflix.
26th September 2017, 03:46 PM |#14  
Yes, in some songs my bottom speaker is quieter then top one.
5th October 2017, 08:17 PM |#15  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 12

More
LOL got my phone delivered back to me today without even knowing they had sent it back. What a nice surprise. They fixed the top speaker and now they both sound almost indistinguishable.
They replaced the top one and no more crackling sound. Everything sounds way better than when I even got the phone

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
6th October 2017, 05:19 PM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iArvee

When I first got my XZP, the notification sounds did have a bit static to it, like it was too loud or something. I remember reading before that the speaker has to be calibrated before use (play music for 30 minutes straight) and the speakers should calibrate. If you notice in the service test menu, there's a new test called "Speaker Calibration". Upon checking it after the 30 minutes thing, it said "Calibrated". Notification sounds played as normal from the on. Maybe you just had to calibrate the speakers or something?

I can't find "Speaker Calibration" in the service test menu. Also I can't put a screenshot here with my phone to show you(don't know why)

Sent from my Sony Xperia XZ Premium using XDA Labs
7th October 2017, 12:51 PM |#17  
Guys, I have just got myself bursted with this result.
29% to 4% for 2 hrs OST with mix used of LTE+Wifi+Bluetooth! Loading between FB + Youtube + Spotify Premium + 10 tabs Chrome no reloading and still managed to post this post, kinda my normal*ish usage, Hallelujah!
XZP29%-4%
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20171007-224600.jpg
Views:	514
Size:	209.4 KB
ID:	4295078  
18th October 2017, 08:36 PM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 85

More
After reading this thread, I tested both Speakers. They have exactly the same level. Just telling this to point the fact that it's not a common issue.

Also consider that some songs have an imbalanced Stereo spreading. Test your songs on other devices to be sure that's it's a speaker problem. And if the problem still persists, it may be a faulty device.
19th April 2018, 08:43 PM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Bottom speaker
My bottom speaker start to crackling today. Seems like a hardware issue. No falls, no water. Good dammit, Sony. I'll stop to love you
19th April 2018, 10:10 PM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 88

More
You people obviously dont understand what stereo means.
First of all there is a mono option where both speakers act as one. You can use that if you want identical loudness and clearity but that will eliminate the stereo effect.
Because stereo works this way:
One of the speakers focuses on highs (the "ssss" sounds like the hats and high pitch tones) and the other speaker focuses more on lows and middles (which is more of people's voice, bass, etc). Thats why to get full stereo effect these aspects should exist. Thats why one speaker sounds old and crispy and voice is just way too high and the other seems to be clearer on human voices and some melodies.
But that must exist so you can notice the stereo effect.
Glad i can help
20th April 2018, 07:57 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 84

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by madshark2009

You people obviously dont understand what stereo means.
First of all there is a mono option where both speakers act as one. You can use that if you want identical loudness and clearity but that will eliminate the stereo effect.
Because stereo works this way:
One of the speakers focuses on highs (the "ssss" sounds like the hats and high pitch tones) and the other speaker focuses more on lows and middles (which is more of people's voice, bass, etc). Thats why to get full stereo effect these aspects should exist. Thats why one speaker sounds old and crispy and voice is just way too high and the other seems to be clearer on human voices and some melodies.
But that must exist so you can notice the stereo effect.
Glad i can help

I don't think that's how Stereo works, tho (I'm actually sure that's not how it works).
On my headphones (and on any other device ever used), the left and right channel have the same sound and clarity, just play different audio sources to get the stereo effect.
That's how it should be on the phone as well, but that's not the fact.
I'm pretty sure that's because different speaker assemblies are used for top/bottom, and thus can be considered bad design.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)