WiFi issues

Search This thread

iKlutz

Feb 9, 2013
London
OnePlus 7T Pro
OPPO Find X3 Pro
Nothing special mate just the virgin media "superhub 3.0" dual band 2.4ghz/5.0ghz. In this recent edition they've merged the 2.4ghz and 5ghz into one channel so you don't need a separate ssid for each. The automatic handover works well enough so you never notice. Just need sony to fix firmware and stop denying issues.

Sadman Khan

Feb 1, 2012
Saw one of the comments saying to disable smart cleaner. It seems to have done the trick for me... For now atleast. Only time will tell

BlakkArt

Jan 6, 2016
I have a Wi-Fi issue, but it's completely different. My download speeds are HORRENDOUS. Checking on the Speedtest app, I'm usually getting .5MB/s from servers nearest to me, but I can reach speeds of up to 30 MB/s sometimes on servers that are much further.

ArkwinFox

Feb 24, 2011
Just got the update, I've never been stable on my WiFi at home.. not even for 5 minutes. So far it's been like 20 with no problem! Yes! I can finally use wifi! :) Better then my 20gb a month T-Mobile.. lol

JR5968

Dec 25, 2013
London
I have the same WiFi slow down issue on my XZ . My iPhone is just fine. So I don’t think it’s the router,
Occasional drop offs, extremely slow network most of the time.
This makes me annoyed since it struggles to perform small tasks which requires internet.
Hope it’s software related and Sony will fix it.

Gkstates

Nov 29, 2014
I have the opposite problem. Before recent update, wifi works for me. After this recent update this early Nov, it stopped working. It keeps saying connected but no internet. At first I thought it was my wifi, but every other wireless devices work. So I dont quite know how to fix it at this point.

SNOOPLAYAN

Oct 25, 2017
I have the opposite problem. Before recent update, wifi works for me. After this recent update this early Nov, it stopped working. It keeps saying connected but no internet. At first I thought it was my wifi, but every other wireless devices work. So I dont quite know how to fix it at this point.

It works for me but for some reason it takes about a minute to connect sometimes.

Android 8.0

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    June update is around the corner, highly likely next week. That one might include fixes also.
    But as an established youtuber I would reach out to Sony directly to get confirmation on the issue and potential fix.

Also place to get direct answers would be talk.sonymobile.com
    A short, quick research.... OnePlus 5 and Xiaomi Mi6 have also the same issues:

2 threads for example:
    http://en.miui.com/thread-653382-1-1.html
    https://xdaforums.com/oneplus-5/help/wi-fi-disconnecting-problems-t3626390

I've found more people complaining bad WiFi connections.

What's important: All these devices are with Snapdragon 835...

And also the Samsung Galaxy S8+ US-Version with Snapdragon 835 have the same issues, but I can't found the source.

Maybe it's a hardware problem?
    Yeeeeeees. My 5G Wifi Connection works properly now.
    2.4/5ghz dual-band
    Just got the update, I've never been stable on my WiFi at home.. not even for 5 minutes. So far it's been like 20 with no problem! Yes! I can finally use wifi! :) Better then my 20gb a month T-Mobile.. lol