FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Useful tips for Xperia users

420 posts
Thanks Meter: 44

By sfex3best, Senior Member on 7th June 2017, 11:34 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I'm guessing this stunning 4k hdr super phone is going to bring in a lot of new users to this Xperia user base for now at least.

Here's how I use my Xperia phones and it really useful little tips.

1. Install the fast adb installer and use the command

adb shell settings put global policy_control immersive.full=*

This gets rid of the navigation bar and notification bar to give you all screen. You can. (Still bring them back by swiping from bottom as well dw) also null instead of full brings it back altogether.

2. Now obviously you still need your home back and recents buttons. For this we install. "simple pie" from the play store amazing app. Your buttons can appear by swiping from any place of the screen. Useful for 1 hand usage.

3. Chrome address bar below -
Download Google Chrome beta

chrome://flags
enter this in your address bar

Search for "chrome home " and enable it

This helps too on large devices not enough people know about it.

4. Amazon prime and download the amazon video app through the Amazon app and you can watch actual 4k hdr content in 4k hdr. You can also download it offline in 4k hdr and watch it later.
Stunning 4k hdr content obviously YouTube also has stuff but Amazon is where your movies and shows are at.

5. Ds4+ Remote Play
Seemeless connection to your ds4 controller settings/deviceconnection/dualshock 4 and remote play with you ps4 is awesome too.
Moonlight will let you play pc games also if you have a nvidia gpu.

6. Vr testing - Experimental yet but vrtv app on play store played one of my 4k movie I had downloaded and it looked extremely clear although I'm still uncertain only tested a bit because I was afraid off the cheap cardboard vr scratching my brand new device. Still experimenting this...

7. Some Xperia themes are fantastic just look for them on the play store or find free ones that Xperia lounge always seem to give away.

I think for now thats all that I can think of. If any one knows any more drop comment below. My advice is to try the top 3 suggestions I use it all the time it made one hand usage with the x compact godlike. Although with this device it's a little harder though it's still very very usefull.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sfex3best For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sfex3best Ad-Free
8th June 2017, 10:57 PM |#2  
London
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Coming from Windows, I hated the fact the url bar was at the top in chrome. Thank you!

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to pratishk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pratishk Ad-Free
9th June 2017, 10:38 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Upon further investigation on finding a vr player to play files in 4k it seems "Moon VR Player" is the one to have.

Just watched a 4k movie and the quality was amazing my only gripe is the damnmed bobovr cardboard vr headset I have its so damn uncomfortable on the nose.
28th September 2017, 10:05 AM |#4  
Flag clermont ferrand france
Thanks Meter: 218

Donate to Me
More
New Xperia ™ Home 11.0.A.0.1 beta with hide apps icon mode access all apps by swiping up from the home screen

https://forum.xda-developers.com/cro...-0-40-t3369220 or
link: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/sony-m...-apk-download/
7th March 2018, 10:47 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Root required?
Many many thanks for the useful tips above, especially the first one. Quick question - does my XZ Premium need to be rooted in order for the immersive adb command to work?
10th March 2018, 08:47 AM |#6  
Flag In The Matrix
Thanks Meter: 358

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ja1M1

Many many thanks for the useful tips above, especially the first one. Quick question - does my XZ Premium need to be rooted in order for the immersive adb command to work?

I also was wondering this as I'm not rooted either
11th March 2018, 02:27 PM |#7  
Flag In The Matrix
Thanks Meter: 358

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brockyneo

I also was wondering this as I'm not rooted either

Anyone able to verify this thanks
11th March 2018, 03:37 PM |#8  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Hervey Bay
Thanks Meter: 989

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brockyneo

Anyone able to verify this thanks

You guys are able to verify it, run the command, if it doesn't work then it doesn't work.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)