FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Screen on time

975 posts
Thanks Meter: 999

By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 25th July 2017, 07:19 PM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
It's amazing how much we actually use our phones in a given day, especially when we watch "videos"! Rate this thread to express how many hours of screen-on time you can get on the Sony Xperia XZ Premium before depleting the battery.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

20th November 2017, 07:28 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 457

More
Got 6hrs @ 50%
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20171120-213124.jpg
Views:	1550
Size:	214.5 KB
ID:	4337712   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20171120-213116.jpg
Views:	1536
Size:	212.6 KB
ID:	4337713  
20th November 2017, 07:42 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by karrouma

Got 6hrs @ 50%

that is amazing !!!
how did you reached this time?

please answer these
-screen brightness
-stamina use or not
-airplane mode
-how was your usage ( heavy or medium or ....)
-do you charge your phone with fast charge or not ?
20th November 2017, 07:56 PM |#4  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkan.t

that is amazing !!!
how did you reached this time?

please answer these
-screen brightness
-stamina use or not
-airplane mode
-how was your usage ( heavy or medium or ....)
-do you charge your phone with fast charge or not ?

Screen brightness @40%
No stamina
Wifi and mobile data are on
Using heavy some time and medium usage
I used original charger in the box
Rooted with storm fix
The Following User Says Thank You to karrouma For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift karrouma Ad-Free
20th November 2017, 08:09 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by karrouma

Screen brightness @40%
No stamina
Wifi and mobile data are on
Using heavy some time and medium usage
I used original charger in the box
Rooted with storm fix

(Rooted with storm fix)
so that is the reason for your high screen time
what is your charger model ? UCH12 ?
if it is uch12 so you are using fast charge
21st November 2017, 07:01 AM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkan.t

(Rooted with storm fix)
so that is the reason for your high screen time
what is your charger model ? UCH12 ?
if it is uch12 so you are using fast charge

yep
21st November 2017, 03:53 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
im getting 8-9 hours with 3-3.5 hours of asphalt 8 gameplay on high graphics, one or two movies on youtube, full low brightness (35% on movies in YT), heavy facebook usage. and a lot of other things like video editing, whats, HG,G+ etc etc.
uninstalled all useless system and user apps. added play services in doze mode. reduced background activity and background data on all user and system apps.
using 1890x3360 resolution (to fix touch issues).
The Following User Says Thank You to Saadkhalid786 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Saadkhalid786 Ad-Free
26th November 2017, 12:23 PM |#8  
Flag Hervey Bay
Thanks Meter: 518

More
Im on oreo (.51) with storms DRM Fix/kernel, I used serajrs debloat script to get rid of all the useless apps, 8.45 hours with 13% left, this phone is a beast! Mobile data all day, stamina on performance, some YouTube, lots of browsing, telegram msg's, couldnt ask for better.
29th November 2017, 01:44 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 52

More
So are you guys getting these insane screen on times due to root? If so what are you doing to achieve this?
If not rooted what are you doing to get these kind of screen on times
30th November 2017, 02:53 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselhazza

So are you guys getting these insane screen on times due to root? If so what are you doing to achieve this?
If not rooted what are you doing to get these kind of screen on times

Hi,

My device isn't rooted and this is what I do to get the most out of the battery...

1. I try to never allow the battery to get hot in order to prolong its excellent performance. If you're charging your phone, don't run heavy draining apps as this will greatly increase the battery's temperature. When charging my phone, I usually set stamina mode to always on and if I'm not expecting important phone calls I sometimes activate airplane mode. If you want to make and receive calls just turn off Bluetooth, wife, data and GPS while the phone is plugged in to keep the battery temperature down.

2. I used to love the Juice Defender app which was able to automatically turn off Wife/Data whenever the screen is off but sadly it hasn't been updated in so many years. Now I just manually turn off WiFi and Data whenever the phone is not in use.

3. If you're watching an offline film or reading a book, turn off your WiFi and Data. Again, if you're not looking to make calls activate Airplane Mode as this tends to lessen the battery drain especially when watching 4k movies.

4. Delete any apps that you don't use. Especially the power hungry apps!

5. I only tend to set brightness to the lowest setting when I'm in a very dark room. There's no point in always having it so low in broad daylight like a disorientated cave-dweller.

6. When you go to bed, activate stamina mode (if you want to save more juice then also activate Airplane Mode) and just make sure that it won't affect your alarm in the morning. 😅

That's pretty much it for me I guess. Rooting voids the warranty and that's not something I want to do so I'm happy with my current usage and performance.

Hope this helps!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20171129-142559.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	210.1 KB
ID:	4347857   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20171129-142611.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	206.3 KB
ID:	4347858   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20171129-142620.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	209.8 KB
ID:	4347859   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20171129-142638.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	206.2 KB
ID:	4347860  
The Following User Says Thank You to SNOOPLAYAN For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SNOOPLAYAN Ad-Free
30th November 2017, 04:08 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNOOPLAYAN

Hi,

My device isn't rooted and this is what I do to get the most out of the battery...

1. I try to never allow the battery to get hot in order to prolong its excellent performance. If you're charging your phone, don't run heavy draining apps as this will greatly increase the battery's temperature. When charging my phone, I usually set stamina mode to always on and if I'm not expecting important phone calls I sometimes activate airplane mode. If you want to make and receive calls just turn off Bluetooth, wife, data and GPS while the phone is plugged in to keep the battery temperature down.

2. I used to love the Juice Defender app which was able to automatically turn off Wife/Data whenever the screen is off but sadly it hasn't been updated in so many years. Now I just manually turn off WiFi and Data whenever the phone is not in use.

3. If you're watching an offline film or reading a book, turn off your WiFi and Data. Again, if you're not looking to make calls activate Airplane Mode as this tends to lessen the battery drain especially when watching 4k movies.

4. Delete any apps that you don't use. Especially the power hungry apps!

5. I only tend to set brightness to the lowest setting when I'm in a very dark room. There's no point in always having it so low in broad daylight like a disorientated cave-dweller.

6. When you go to bed, activate stamina mode (if you want to save more juice then also activate Airplane Mode) and just make sure that it won't affect your alarm in the morning.

That's pretty much it for me I guess. Rooting voids the warranty and that's not something I want to do so I'm happy with my current usage and performance.

Hope this helps!

You can also try to turn off the phone, this will bring excellent battery life
Just kidding

By the way, root seems to improve a lot the phone, but I have Amazon warranty and would be a shame to lose it for rooting the phone
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)