FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 9 Lite

[MOD] Change Default Resolution to 4k - No root needed!

141 posts
Thanks Meter: 68

By Illux, Senior Member on 8th June 2017, 01:17 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
20th September 2017, 12:13 PM |#91  
Flag Paris

More
Or ask Google to fix their ****.

6th October 2017, 12:54 AM |#92  
Flag Manila
Thanks Meter: 265

More
What would be the best setting for QHD?
17th October 2017, 10:33 PM |#93  
Quote:
Originally Posted by sev7en

Thanks, when I set the 4k res, I get the error message "bad resolution"... why?

You should change density first (Put dpi 800, and, later change resolution, tried in 1080p device )

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyepnoodle

What would be the best setting for QHD?

520/534dpi.
21st October 2017, 10:00 PM |#94  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebasrock156

You should change density first (Put dpi 800, and, later change resolution, tried in 1080p device )

520/534dpi.

U mean that the 4k resolution is working this way?? Can u plz suggest how can i use the phone app if i want to use 4k ?

Which setting are u using currently?
22nd October 2017, 11:29 PM |#95  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Loving the all time 4k but the stutter on the lock screen and dialler crash are making me think of reverting back, such a shame as the screen looks incredible and has very little effect on battery
23rd October 2017, 02:11 AM |#96  
Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya891607

U mean that the 4k resolution is working this way?? Can u plz suggest how can i use the phone app if i want to use 4k ?

Which setting are u using currently?

You could use Phone App normally; problem is the time to take Screenshots and Record Screen (Stock App), the rest, works perfectly... At least in my test.

I leave a see:

Stock res (440dpi):

4K res (880dpi):

23rd October 2017, 10:18 AM |#97  
Flag Madrid
Thanks Meter: 2

Donate to Me
More
Will try it soon. TIA for the info and help. Any battery ETA for 4k res. vs. FHD resolution?
23rd October 2017, 05:16 PM |#98  

More
I can confirm 4k at full resolution (2160x3840) with DPI at 706 works fine. Dialler working and making calls. The only issue is with the thumbnails when switching apps. Actually after further testing the reason the dialler working as working was due to it already being loaded and cached. The moment I closed it then reloaded it, it broke
The Following User Says Thank You to Mjkb For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mjkb Ad-Free
24th October 2017, 02:14 PM |#99  
Flag Paris

More
Are you sure of this ?

It is not the DPI that make phone app crash.
29th October 2017, 12:44 PM |#100  

More
I'm thinking of buying XZP, and will change its resolution to QHD , since my Nexus 6P already has QHD display and 1080p seems to be a little insufficient.

I've read all of this thread and now I have two questions.

1. As long as I know, XZP basically runs on 1080p and turns into 4k when running 4k apps such as youtube and gallery.
If I change the phone's resolution into QHD manuall, will that resolution-changing feature keep on running and automatically change resolution into 4k with compatiable apps? Or will it be fixed for QHD?

2. Xzp has 4k display and downscale it by an interger multiple to 1080p. If I change its resolution to QHD(which isn't interger multiple), will it look as clear as native-qhd screens like my 6P?

Thank you for your answer in advance
3rd November 2017, 02:20 PM |#101  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostydawn

I'm thinking of buying XZP, and will change its resolution to QHD , since my Nexus 6P already has QHD display and 1080p seems to be a little insufficient.

I've read all of this thread and now I have two questions.

1. As long as I know, XZP basically runs on 1080p and turns into 4k when running 4k apps such as youtube and gallery.
If I change the phone's resolution into QHD manuall, will that resolution-changing feature keep on running and automatically change resolution into 4k with compatiable apps? Or will it be fixed for QHD?

2. Xzp has 4k display and downscale it by an interger multiple to 1080p. If I change its resolution to QHD(which isn't interger multiple), will it look as clear as native-qhd screens like my 6P?

Thank you for your answer in advance

I had a 6p and even running at 1080 the screen is far superior on the xz premium.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mjkb For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mjkb Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)