FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MOD] Change Default Resolution to 4k - No root needed!

139 posts
Thanks Meter: 61

By Illux, Senior Member on 8th June 2017, 12:17 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
10th June 2017, 11:35 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 83

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jms.flynn

Further to this, if you're a weirdo like me and want everything reset rather than a set value due to your own personal OCD, you can use "wm size reset && wm density reset"

Thanks. I checked my default density before changing it with the command "wm density" which exported 420, not 403 like OP said .

10th June 2017, 11:45 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 210

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phat-T

How's the battery for you guys? When I do this to my Z5P, the battery doesn't even last a few hours

The draining is very poor, not an impact so remarkable. The issue is about the themes, e.g. in the Agree Bird I have now when I asnwer to a call, the dialer disappear and it becomes a nightmare eheh
10th June 2017, 05:45 PM |#13  
Flag Larnaca, Cyprus
Thanks Meter: 7

More
the phone app is not working correctly after change to 4k. phone app force close if you try to make a call and dialer disappear
10th June 2017, 06:54 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 71

More
got the aame result did not see any different on battery anyway, i think it is just mock, the desity shown in cpu z is same. but resolution is making at 4k in cpu z. need to change back due to phone app force closing though
12th June 2017, 06:39 PM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpx

the phone app is not working correctly after change to 4k. phone app force close if you try to make a call and dialer disappear

I heard somewhere that the phone app will work properly if you use 1440x2560 resolution, not sure about DPI though. I think it was Z5 Premium thread.
13th June 2017, 12:13 PM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
aren't the ui supposed to be 4k unlike the z5 p? or did they changed it?
13th June 2017, 12:37 PM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy96814

aren't the ui supposed to be 4k unlike the z5 p? or did they changed it?

They said during CES or something similar that you would be able to change the resolution in settings, so you could run 4K all the time if you wanted to. But that isn't the case on the phone right now.

Either the people from Sony that made the claim had their information wrong or Sony changed their mind afterwards. Either way, it sucks that you can't control your resolution in the settings.
13th June 2017, 03:15 PM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 71

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniDemonic

They said during CES or something similar that you would be able to change the resolution in settings, so you could run 4K all the time if you wanted to. But that isn't the case on the phone right now.

Either the people from Sony that made the claim had their information wrong or Sony changed their mind afterwards. Either way, it sucks that you can't control your resolution in the settings.

yes i do not know they give us independently, like s8 did. easily for them to control like that actually.
13th June 2017, 03:33 PM |#19  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanipat

yes i do not know they give us independently, like s8 did. easily for them to control like that actually.

Hopefully it comes in a future update, maybe there were some issues with certain apps in 4K. I wouldn't count on it happening but it's not completely off the table.
13th June 2017, 04:00 PM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Has someone used this for a while and can tell us about eventually battery effects of this? Does the phone app force closes etc?
13th June 2017, 04:20 PM |#21  

More
I haven't tried making any calls since switching to 4K using this method due to my sim card being to big and I haven't gotten my new sim card yet. Will probably get it tomorrow.

I'm going to do some PCMark battery benchmarks with it on 4K and on 1080p to see if battery life is affected but it's going to take a while. I will try to have it done by tomorrow and post my results here.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MiniDemonic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MiniDemonic Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)