FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MOD] Change Default Resolution to 4k - No root needed!

139 posts
Thanks Meter: 61

By Illux, Senior Member on 8th June 2017, 12:17 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th June 2017, 04:20 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
I haven't tried making any calls since switching to 4K using this method due to my sim card being to big and I haven't gotten my new sim card yet. Will probably get it tomorrow.

I'm going to do some PCMark battery benchmarks with it on 4K and on 1080p to see if battery life is affected but it's going to take a while. I will try to have it done by tomorrow and post my results here.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MiniDemonic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MiniDemonic Ad-Free

15th June 2017, 12:50 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ytheekshana

will this work on Z5 Premium?

Yes it will.
16th June 2017, 12:24 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Same here. Phone.app crashes.
17th June 2017, 07:25 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
4k res
Hi everyone has anybody had any luck with the phone dialler issue?
I've changed the resolution to 4k and it looks stunning the battery drain is not as bad I initially thought I love it especially with Hi res glass icons.
I' can make and cancel calls using a third party app dialler but receving calls it reverts to stock dialler app.
18th June 2017, 02:43 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 71

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ek2017

Hi everyone has anybody had any luck with the phone dialler issue?
I've changed the resolution to 4k and it looks stunning the battery drain is not as bad I initially thought I love it especially with Hi res glass icons.
I' can make and cancel calls using a third party app dialler but receving calls it reverts to stock dialler app.

It frustrated but i dont think it can be done about it without root, default incoming call is never change. It is much better than Z5 Premium though as i see no problem with Screen shot, Z5 Premium even cannot make screen shot after change these value. Hopes someone have work around for this anyway
18th June 2017, 03:46 PM |#26  

More
finally find the way to work fully for 3rd party dialer, here is my step

1. change to max resolution and dpi according to OP.
2. install this dialer,i do not know for other one but this is i pick up because apart from default one i love using Google Pixel dialer so i use patch one just download and install normally.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-...HM2NURhNE1XZGs
3. Change default apps for phone to the one we install (see photos)
4. See photos for it all works, good thing in my opinion is you do not have to start calling using the one you just install. you just use the stock one as normal it will link to use the one we install automatically. in the meantime before anyone know how to work out for stock dialer (which i prefer more anyway)

Happy using, hit thanks for me if it works for you
http://imgur.com/a/42zHL
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tanipat For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tanipat Ad-Free
19th June 2017, 08:10 AM |#27  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 192

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanipat

finally find the way to work fully for 3rd party dialer, here is my step

1. change to max resolution and dpi according to OP.
2. install this dialer,i do not know for other one but this is i pick up because apart from default one i love using Google Pixel dialer so i use patch one just download and install normally.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-...HM2NURhNE1XZGs
3. Change default apps for phone to the one we install (see photos)
4. See photos for it all works, good thing in my opinion is you do not have to start calling using the one you just install. you just use the stock one as normal it will link to use the one we install automatically. in the meantime before anyone know how to work out for stock dialer (which i prefer more anyway)

Happy using, hit thanks for me if it works for you
http://imgur.com/a/42zHL

Thanks man. I wasn't gonna try this until someone found a solution to the phone app problem.

Did anybody else have blank thumbnails on recent apps menu?
20th June 2017, 08:52 PM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Thank you, MOD works perfectly fine, tanipats dialer too.
The Following User Says Thank You to magic_moe_ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift magic_moe_ Ad-Free
28th June 2017, 11:44 AM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
It's perfect 4K resolution. But I find that the thumbnails are missing when I try to switch between the apps in recent apps screen.
29th June 2017, 05:58 PM |#30  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ycfung

It's perfect 4K resolution. But I find that the thumbnails are missing when I try to switch between the apps in recent apps screen.

me too but i am not much concern of that anyhow if there is a way to fix then it is nearly perfect
1st July 2017, 04:23 PM |#31  
Flag Beirut
Thanks Meter: 119

More
I made a thread in the Z5P long time ago how to change the resolution and display density...

Long story short, you don't have to run 4K all the time as it will drain the battery faster.... When I got the XZP the first thing was checking the original density and it was 408 ( normal is 480 )

Most of the apps won't work with custom density as they are coded for 480/400/320/240 etc... ( increment 80 )

However with Nougat you can simply keep the resolution to 1080p and change the density to 300 dpi ( works great and everything is smooth )

You can go as low as 240/260 to get viber, gmail app and chrome etc... have the desktop UI ( tabs etc.. )
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)