FORUMS

[Recovery] [YB1-X90L] TWRP

186 posts
Thanks Meter: 121

By danjac, Senior Member on 7th January 2017, 08:56 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
managed to get twrp working on YB1-X90L (Yoga Book - Android - LTE)
it's my very first try to create sth. like that, so I have absolutely no idea if everything works as it should. (took the twrp from yoga tab 3 pro root thread and changed it to fit my device mainly using this guide and some minor changes on my own)
if you want to try, you do it on your own risk. if sth. breaks, please don't blame me!

I strongly suggest not to flash it, but just boot it via fastboot:

1. download recovery
2. make sure adb is working
3. put the recovery into your adb folder
4. unlock bootloader (attention: unlocking the bootloader does a factory reset. so back up your data before) see here how to unlock bootloader
5. boot into bootloader (either: 'press power + volume up' or use adb typing 'adb reboot bootloader' in terminal
6. open terminal and naviagte to your adb folder (with recovery.img in it) then type: 'fastboot boot recovery_twrp.img' (adapt file name in case you changed it)
7. tablet should reboot and boot twrp

this method does not flash twrp permanently. your stock recovery remains untouched!

!!!BEFORE YOU USE TWRP TO CHANGE ANYTHING, PLEASE MAKE A FULL BACKUP!!!

download: recovery_twrp.zip

as always... I mainly relied on other people's work. so all credits go to them, e.g. twrp team, joesnose (twrp yoga tab 3pro) and HostZero

screenshots:
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170107_222933.jpg
Views:	6212
Size:	227.5 KB
ID:	3994696

Name:	IMG_20170107_223047.jpg
Views:	5744
Size:	249.7 KB
ID:	3994697

Name:	IMG_20170107_223119.jpg
Views:	5676
Size:	238.2 KB
ID:	3994698

as i said, it is a beginner's job. so here is what i noticed so far:
twrp freezes after a certain time when not used - I guess it is when twrp goes to 'standby', normally you wake it up again by sliding a button but it doesn't work here.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to danjac For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift danjac Ad-Free
7th January 2017, 09:02 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
---reserved---
7th January 2017, 09:06 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
before you ask...
yes, of course, i have already tried to flash supersu, but unfortunately I had no luck so far. The script always aborts because it fails patching sepolicy of boot.img.

so if anyone knows a solution for this, feel free to help!

edit:
found another way to root, look here
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to danjac For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift danjac Ad-Free
8th January 2017, 06:20 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Amazing! I never thought yb would have twrp. I've been looking for a way to install gapps since I bought yb. After my final I will definitely have a try.
8th January 2017, 09:14 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Was it stable when you flashed some zip?
8th January 2017, 09:23 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyVerne

Was it stable when you flashed some zip?

did backup 2 times and restored all partitions a several times which worked well.
only tried to install supersu, which in general went well although su couldn't patch boot.img (but has nothing to do with twrp I think)
The Following User Says Thank You to danjac For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift danjac Ad-Free
8th January 2017, 11:10 AM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by danjac

did backup 2 times and restored all partitions a several times which worked well.
only tried to install supersu, which in general went well although su couldn't patch boot.img (but has nothing to do with twrp I think)

All right, I wil try to install supersu after take my final exam ,too .
I believe there will be a way to solve it .
(oh ,god , the root seems to have sloved , nice job!)
10th January 2017, 01:35 AM |#8  

More
Quote:

I have one question, after I unlock the bootloader, it occurs the "intel ....untrusted,will boot in 5 seconds ", I wanna know how to lock the bootloader again.
10th January 2017, 07:28 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

I have one question, after I unlock the bootloader, it occurs the "intel ....untrusted,will boot in 5 seconds ", I wanna know how to lock the bootloader again.

to lock the bootloader you must have stock recovery...hopefully you din't flash twrp.
I do not really know, whether locking the bootloader will work flawlessly due to the changes made by root
when you lock the bootloader it will once more wipe all data - so back it up before, normally root should stay (although I don't know for sure)

to lock the bootloader just use the following command in terminal:
Code:
fastboot flashing lock
if you are not sure, try to search xda for more information about relocking.
The Following User Says Thank You to danjac For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift danjac Ad-Free
10th January 2017, 09:01 AM |#10  

More
Quote:

to lock the bootloader you must have stock recovery...hopefully you din't flash twrp.
I do not really know, whether locking the bootloader will work flawlessly due to the changes made by root
when you lock the bootloader it will once more wipe all data - so back it up before, normally root should stay (although I don't know for sure)

to lock the bootloader just use the following command in terminal:

if you are not sure, try to search xda for more information about relocking.

Oh, I gave it up... Thanks
10th January 2017, 08:33 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Do not get me wrong but you say make a full back up with twrp before doing anything but based on your description twrp cant be installed without unlocking the bootloader which in return erases the device.

Is this catch22 or am I missing something here?

Quote:

managed to get twrp working on YB1-X90L (Yoga Book - Android - LTE)
it's my very first try to create sth. like that, so I have absolutely no idea if everything works as it should. (took the twrp from yoga tab 3 pro root thread and changed it to fit my device mainly using this guide and some minor changes on my own)
if you want to try, you do it on your own risk. if sth. breaks, please don't blame me!

I strongly suggest not to flash it, but just boot it via fastboot:

1. download recovery
2. make sure adb is working
3. put the recovery into your adb folder
4. unlock bootloader (attention: unlocking the bootloader does a factory reset. so back up your data before) see here how to unlock bootloader
5. boot into bootloader (either: 'press power + volume up' or use adb typing 'adb reboot bootloader' in terminal
6. open terminal and naviagte to your adb folder (with recovery.img in it) then type: 'fastboot boot recovery_twrp.img' (adapt file name in case you changed it)
7. tablet should reboot and boot twrp

this method does not flash twrp permanently. your stock recovery remains untouched!

!!!BEFORE YOU USE TWRP TO CHANGE ANYTHING, PLEASE MAKE A FULL BACKUP!!!

download: Attachment 3994659

as always... I mainly relied on other people's work. so all credits go to them, e.g. twrp team, joesnose (twrp yoga tab 3pro) and HostZero

screenshots:
Attachment 3994696
Attachment 3994697
Attachment 3994698

as i said, it is a beginner's job. so here is what i noticed so far:
twrp freezes after a certain time when not used - I guess it is when twrp goes to 'standby', normally you wake it up again by sliding a button but it doesn't work here.

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 PM ----------

So this process messed up your system? Not sure if I understand what is going on there.

Quote:

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)