Is this catch22 or am I missing something here?
managed to get twrp working on YB1-X90L (Yoga Book - Android - LTE)
it's my very first try to create sth. like that, so I have absolutely no idea if everything works as it should. (took the twrp from yoga tab 3 pro root thread and changed it to fit my device mainly using this guide and some minor changes on my own)
if you want to try, you do it on your own risk. if sth. breaks, please don't blame me!
I strongly suggest not to flash it, but just boot it via fastboot:
1. download recovery
2. make sure adb is working
3. put the recovery into your adb folder
4. unlock bootloader (attention: unlocking the bootloader does a factory reset. so back up your data before) see here how to unlock bootloader
5. boot into bootloader (either: 'press power + volume up' or use adb typing 'adb reboot bootloader' in terminal
6. open terminal and naviagte to your adb folder (with recovery.img in it) then type: 'fastboot boot recovery_twrp.img' (adapt file name in case you changed it)
7. tablet should reboot and boot twrp
this method does not flash twrp permanently. your stock recovery remains untouched!
!!!BEFORE YOU USE TWRP TO CHANGE ANYTHING, PLEASE MAKE A FULL BACKUP!!!
download: Attachment 3994659
as always... I mainly relied on other people's work. so all credits go to them, e.g. twrp team, joesnose (twrp yoga tab 3pro) and HostZero
as i said, it is a beginner's job. so here is what i noticed so far:
twrp freezes after a certain time when not used - I guess it is when twrp goes to 'standby', normally you wake it up again by sliding a button but it doesn't work here.
---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 PM ----------
So this process messed up your system? Not sure if I understand what is going on there.