186 posts
Thanks Meter: 121

By danjac, Senior Member on 7th January 2017, 08:56 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
16th May 2019, 08:55 AM |#51  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hey Guys,

I thought you all should know, its not a good idea to use TWRP with the Lenovo Yoga Book.

There are two reason, its the bootloader and the CPU.

The TWRP is design for specific CPU such as snapdragons. It was not design for Intel in which is the Yoga Book CPU.
Second, the bootloader to the Yoga Book is locked. What it means is that you cannot root the system without the proper permission.
If we could have root the system, there will be no point of Lenovo to sell Windows and Android version.

But even so there is no such thing as impossible, pretty sure if the community spend enough time and resource, we can probably find a way to unlock the bootloader
28th June 2019, 01:49 PM |#52  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruanw92

Hey Guys,

I thought you all should know, its not a good idea to use TWRP with the Lenovo Yoga Book.

There are two reason, its the bootloader and the CPU.

The TWRP is design for specific CPU such as snapdragons. It was not design for Intel in which is the Yoga Book CPU.
Second, the bootloader to the Yoga Book is locked. What it means is that you cannot root the system without the proper permission.
If we could have root the system, there will be no point of Lenovo to sell Windows and Android version.

But even so there is no such thing as impossible, pretty sure if the community spend enough time and resource, we can probably find a way to unlock the bootloader

???
even if your post is about a month old i still need to reply.
what you claim in it is just pure nonesense, it doesn't make any sense at all.

we can unlock the bootloader.
you can flash twrp safely (at least for the older android versions)
and root can easily be obtained

furthermore the roms were specifically compiled for its hardware, so it doesn't matter that it is an intel cpu. so this version of twrp is based on the same source, or it wouldn't work, but evidently it does

next time, please inform yourself more thoroughly, before you post your wisdom

cheers
28th June 2019, 03:43 PM |#53  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by danjac

???
even if your post is about a month old i still need to reply.
what you claim in it is just pure nonesense, it doesn't make any sense at all.

we can unlock the bootloader.
you can flash twrp safely (at least for the older android versions)
and root can easily be obtained

furthermore the roms were specifically compiled for its hardware, so it doesn't matter that it is an intel cpu. so this version of twrp is based on the same source, or it wouldn't work, but evidently it does

next time, please inform yourself more thoroughly, before you post your wisdom

cheers

Hi,
First of all, I would like to say thank you for answering after a month later.

I would like to say I am referring to the Android Yoga Book. I can agree we can now unlock the bootloader and root the device. As you said, the roms are compiled for specific hardware. However, there are currently no custom rom the that allows all the features of the Yoga book to function. So my previous post is a simple warning, that any attempt to install a custom rom can cause an irreversible effect on the tablet.

But I do agree, eventually we will find a way to install a custom rom with full function the Yoga Book.

If you like to discuss more with me about this, do dm.
28th June 2019, 06:48 PM |#54  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruanw92

Hi,
First of all, I would like to say thank you for answering after a month later.

I would like to say I am referring to the Android Yoga Book. I can agree we can now unlock the bootloader and root the device. As you said, the roms are compiled for specific hardware. However, there are currently no custom rom the that allows all the features of the Yoga book to function. So my previous post is a simple warning, that any attempt to install a custom rom can cause an irreversible effect on the tablet.

But I do agree, eventually we will find a way to install a custom rom with full function the Yoga Book.

If you like to discuss more with me about this, do dm.

oh really you refer to the android version, how very interesting. seriously, we can 'now' unlock and root. it has been more than 2 years since i modified a twrp version and rooted the device via magisk.
and you do know that twrp is not a custom rom.
and who the f... would want to install a rom which is not built for this device. simply put, there are NO custom roms because there are absolutely no devs who were or are interested in that device!
this twrp it is based on android for intel devices and was built from the corresponding source (yoga tab 3 pro, with the same hardware).
honestly, please try to impress people with your ignorance somewhere else. the things you post don't make any sense. please stop wasting people's time with ignorant warnings.

i say it one more time - contrary to your claim in post 51 twrp is functional and safe to use.
22nd September 2019, 08:22 PM |#55  

More
cant get it to twrp
i try to boot into twrp but it says waiting for device my bootloader is unlocked
any suggestions

i use adb powershell

connect with tablet

open powershell

type in adb devices
then it shows devices
then i boot into fastboot
then i use the command to boot into twrp but then it says waiting for device nothing happen do
the twrp image is in the adb folder
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)