Device is suddenly uncertified? (YB1-X90F, 7.1.1)

Search This thread
May 27, 2014
Has anyone else noticed that their device certification in the Play Store suddenly shows "Uncertified"? My tablet is totally stock, never tried to root or unlock the bootloader. I just noticed that I couldn't download or update any apps, then suddenly saw this.

Any ideas about what's going on?

Reactions: TheBookIsBetter

TheBookIsBetter

Jan 17, 2016
Fix

I'm not sure about the "Uncertified" status because I never checked, but I suspect you are having the same issue many other owners have after updating to 7.1.1. I had the problem as well, in which I could not update or download any apps in the Play Store. I would recommend looking at this thread: httpsCOLONSLASHSLASHforums.lenovoDOTcom/t5/Yoga-Book-Android/Lenovo-Yoga-Book-Android-Nougat-Breaks-Google-Play-App-Store/m-p/3834779#M466. (Replace the capitalized words with the corresponding symbols because I'm too new to post external links. The solution it lists about disabling adminstrators and removing VPN's and then restarting did not work for me initially. I ended up doing a factory reset, which solved the problem for a short time. Once it came back the solution from the thread fixed it and I haven't had an issue since.

yoga-user

Feb 15, 2017
It's absolutely sickening! Since weeks Google Services stuck on my both devices (X90F and X90L) I tried all the suggestions (factory reset and so on ...) given at this thread:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Yoga-B...aks-Google-Play-App-Store/td-p/3813570/page/3

Nothing works permanently and now, suddenly Play Store says: "Device not certified" :(. Both devices are not rooted and System-Build is LenovoYB1-X90L_100081_171013 / LenovoYB1-X90F_100083_171013

yoga-user

Feb 15, 2017
Turning on battery saver seems to be a viable workaround.

Not really :(
Btw I registered the uncertified devices now at https://www.google.com/android/uncertified/. But nothing changed in a positive way. On X90F sometimes over night play store runs and apps were updated. With X90F I always I have to stop play services and play store, delete cache and play store data. Then, after restart apps were updated too.
On both devices are running the identical apps and on my old Nexus7 (LineageOS Android 7.1.2) with same apps, activated builtin administrators and AdGuard-VPN all works flawlessly :good:
I think Lenovo urgently needs to deliver an update to get the devices recertified and pass the Android compatibility test.

TarKin

Sep 17, 2006
Encountered the same. Is there still no fix or update from Lenovo for that?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Has anyone else noticed that their device certification in the Play Store suddenly shows "Uncertified"? My tablet is totally stock, never tried to root or unlock the bootloader. I just noticed that I couldn't download or update any apps, then suddenly saw this.

Any ideas about what's going on?