Drivers for a clean windows install

Search This thread

SMZhang

Sep 22, 2017
I made a recovery media through Microsoft tools, and try windows 10s. Wenn I want to go back, I used the media, and find it's not the special for Yoga Book windows 10 Pro. It's the windows 10 Pro OEM.

jamespmi

Jan 22, 2012
I made a recovery media through Microsoft tools, and try windows 10s. Wenn I want to go back, I used the media, and find it's not the special for Yoga Book windows 10 Pro. It's the windows 10 Pro OEM.

You get an OEM Version with the Yoga Book (be happy, most computers get a Windows Home Version). The Product Number is branded / fixed into the UEFI Bios...

Just as curiosity: why would you want to install the limited and cropped Windows 10s having a Pro Version?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The_scam

Jun 27, 2016
Tucson
Hello, can someone please upload a functional windows image for the wifi version? I got everthing working including keyboard vibration except for the multi-mode service, which refses to start. I would really like to make my yoga fully functional again :)

SMZhang

Sep 22, 2017
You get an OEM Version with the Yoga Book (be happy, most computers get a Windows Home Version). The Product Number is branded / fixed into the UEFI Bios...

Just as curiosity: why would you want to install the limited and cropped Windows 10s having a Pro Version?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Because i cant control my halokeyboard software, and it isnt in the control panel. Only when i press the mode switch button, the keyboard vibrate, others dont wirk. Also theres no voice.

jamespmi

Jan 22, 2012
Because i cant control my halokeyboard software, and it isnt in the control panel. Only when i press the mode switch button, the keyboard vibrate, others dont wirk. Also theres no voice.

This has really nothing, but not even remotely to do with Windows (whatever version). Find the proper drivers, there is a thread listing all the ones you need.

Sandman45654

Dec 16, 2010
That said, to enable the haptic feedback you have to either fix the startmodule.cmd in the immersion vibrator driver folder or manually install it. The .cmd file doesn't set the paths right for the files it needs to copy.

To manually install it:

copy to %windir%\system32 :
Code:
touchsense.dll
touchsensed.exe
(maybe vcruntime140.dll... on my windows 10 it already existed)
then make the folder touchsensed (still in system32, so after it will be %windir%\system32\touchsensed)
copy to this new folder %windir%\system32\touchsensed :
Code:
license.param
tuning.param
then open an admin command prompt and do:
Code:
sc create TSSvc binpath= %windir%\system32\touchsensed.exe start= auto DisplayName= "TouchSense Service"
sc start TSSvc
sc failure TSSvc reset= 0 actions= restart/1000/restart/1000/restart/1000
After that, reboot... and on next boot you should have haptic feedback.

Thank you for this bit of information. I had just gotten done making a new Win10 Install ISO to find that all 46 of the drivers I injected worked properly minus haptic feedback. This did the trick!! Now I'm working on getting the touch screen working during the first part of the Windows installation so I don't have to use a hub/mouse at all during install. Wish me luck :)

Last edited:

fielding88

Aug 18, 2018
First, let me thank you for those drivers... I can't believe Lenovo is removing the drivers from their support site and forums. Mind-boggling.

I'd like to know how to install the Dolby programs as well.

That said, to enable the haptic feedback you have to either fix the startmodule.cmd in the immersion vibrator driver folder or manually install it. The .cmd file doesn't set the paths right for the files it needs to copy.

To manually install it:

Code:
touchsense.dll
touchsensed.exe
then make the folder touchsensed (still in system32, so after it will be %windir%\system32\touchsensed)
Code:
license.param
tuning.param
Code:
sc create TSSvc binpath= %windir%\system32\touchsensed.exe start= auto DisplayName= "TouchSense Service"
sc start TSSvc

Hi there,

I've been trying the steps above but when I enter the start tssvc code I get an error:
[SC] StartService FAILED 2:

The system cannot find the file specified.
Is this supposed to happen? I can't seem to get the haptic feedback working again.

jackfrost7

Oct 1, 2005
Hi there,

I've been trying the steps above but when I enter the start tssvc code I get an error:
[SC] StartService FAILED 2:

The system cannot find the file specified.
Is this supposed to happen? I can't seem to get the haptic feedback working again.

Did you verify that you copied the right files to the right folder?

That error suggests that they weren't copied properly.

freccia

Nov 19, 2007
BOLOGNA
I just have a voice in device manager with "unknown driver". it's named "Tool Device". What is this? Is it possible to find the right driver for it? thx

Lookasso

May 9, 2018
:)

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

Man, you are a genious.
I love you :)
Thanks!

Now the only Thing I still don't get is the Dolby...
And, what are those two Voices in the device Manager, other devices, "tool device" and "gooidx child device", and if it is ok hat they are under other devices or that means the drivers are not correctly installed...

Last edited:

Thusithaaw

Mar 16, 2020
Recovery image download

Hi If you have the recovery media with you can you kindly share it. After upgrading windows 10 to latest, I accidently removed the old backup files which I can not restore to factory defaults. Now I have functioning problems with the newer windows 10

samozen

Jun 23, 2012
You can install a clean copy of windows in your Yoga Book using the ISO from Microsoft and these drivers.

You will need a USB OTG cable and a USB hub to connect a keyboard, a mouse and a USB drive to your Yoga Book.
You will need three USB drives. One for creating a rcovery drive (16GB), one for windows Installation (8GB), and one to hold the drivers.

- Make a recovery pen drive before you modify anything. This will allow you to restore the device to its factory state, in case you need to return it or are not happy with the results of your modifications:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/instantanswers/3a747883-b706-43a5-a286-9e98f886d490/create-a-recovery-drive

Keep this drive safe and use it if you want to restore your Yoga Book to a Factory state.

- Download a copy of windows and make a USB bootable drive:
https://www.microsoft.com/es-es/software-download/windows10ISO

- Download the drivers and put all the files in a pen Drive. These drivers are from september 2016, posted by UweThelen63 at the Lenovo Forums, looks they deleted the post, here is a copy I made:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxTLcy78OveNUW1KVk9iN3lBS2s/view?usp=sharing

To install windows, put in the USB with the ISO, boot the Yoga with VOLUME UP + POWER button, choose boot manager and select USB UEFI.
Follow the windows 10 installation to the end, you'll get a couple of black screens, just wait. The display will be rotated, use the USB mouse to navigate.

When windows is installed, use the Drivers USB, extract everything and start an Administrator command line ("windows key" + "X", "m"). Go to the folder where you extracted the drivers and run "startmodule" for each driver. Start with the Intel Cherry trail drivers.

I haven't installed the LenovoShutDownHelper yet. I don't know what it does.

You'll have to go into the display settings and rotate it to 270º when the Intel graphics drivers are installed.

For me, everything works except the haptic feedback for the keyboard. If you find ahow to make it work, please, let me know.

I don't know how to install the Dolby programs. Any idea?

the google drive is deleted .please upload more servers

Reactions: ong14

Vasile2023

Mar 9, 2023
Hi jack :) i have done this on Windows 10 22h2 and Windows 11 and the 2 "motors" DRV2604 are vibrating very loud , using the slider on HALO keyboard settings make that at the 2 maximum settings the vibration is noisly... at the other 3 settings (lowest an next 2) the vibration is a full speed and full time but is occurring occasionally (maybe 1 vibration after 5 keys pressed)

1 week ago' i installed everything (all drivers) on 2004 build and i don't know why... the motors durantion can be adjusted nicely using the slider... i saw on the web a lot of other people having this issue... maybe there are 2 or more "VIBRATION" driver?

because the .PARAM file is codified and parameters are not clean...
Code:
# TS4000 v5.2 Tuning Parameters for the AAC ELV1030A actuator
# EES enabled: 1
# Rise Time: 50
# Fall Time: 5
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
this is the "tuning.param"

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjMl_3D7879AhU0bvEDHVvZBxAQFnoECAwQAQ&url=https://www.ti.com/lit/gpn/drv2604&usg=AOvVaw2-9vBlIzRt5oRJj_Eo2UEf

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You can install a clean copy of windows in your Yoga Book using the ISO from Microsoft and these drivers.

You will need a USB OTG cable and a USB hub to connect a keyboard, a mouse and a USB drive to your Yoga Book.
    You will need three USB drives. One for creating a rcovery drive (16GB), one for windows Installation (8GB), and one to hold the drivers.

- Make a recovery pen drive before you modify anything. This will allow you to restore the device to its factory state, in case you need to return it or are not happy with the results of your modifications:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/instantanswers/3a747883-b706-43a5-a286-9e98f886d490/create-a-recovery-drive

Keep this drive safe and use it if you want to restore your Yoga Book to a Factory state.

- Download a copy of windows and make a USB bootable drive:
    https://www.microsoft.com/es-es/software-download/windows10ISO

- Download the drivers and put all the files in a pen Drive. These drivers are from september 2016, posted by UweThelen63 at the Lenovo Forums, looks they deleted the post, here is a copy I made:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxTLcy78OveNUW1KVk9iN3lBS2s/view?usp=sharing

To install windows, put in the USB with the ISO, boot the Yoga with VOLUME UP + POWER button, choose boot manager and select USB UEFI.
    Follow the windows 10 installation to the end, you'll get a couple of black screens, just wait. The display will be rotated, use the USB mouse to navigate.

When windows is installed, use the Drivers USB, extract everything and start an Administrator command line ("windows key" + "X", "m"). Go to the folder where you extracted the drivers and run "startmodule" for each driver. Start with the Intel Cherry trail drivers.

I haven't installed the LenovoShutDownHelper yet. I don't know what it does.

You'll have to go into the display settings and rotate it to 270º when the Intel graphics drivers are installed.

For me, everything works except the haptic feedback for the keyboard. If you find ahow to make it work, please, let me know.

First, let me thank you for those drivers... I can't believe Lenovo is removing the drivers from their support site and forums. Mind-boggling.

I'd like to know how to install the Dolby programs as well.

To manually install it:

Code:
    touchsense.dll
    touchsensed.exe
    Code:
    license.param
    tuning.param
    Code:
    sc start TSSvc
    How did you get the product key or did you have to get a new one?
    In my case, Windows activated itself if I connected to WiFi just after the language selection display. I guess the key is stored in the BIOS/UEFI/Mother board.
    I don't have a Microsoft account.
    ---------- Post added at 03:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
    Help mi guys when i install the driver whit start module don't install because take me access negated please help me!

you should start command prompt as an administrator.
    - click start
    - type cmd
    - right click cmd, select run as administrator
    - continue to each driver folder
    - run startmodule.cmd

---------- Post added at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

Hy guys i have a problem, i have installed windows and have put the drivers in a usb pen, i have extracted the drivers but the prompt don't install them and when in the prompt i write "startmodule" don't recognize the command, please help me!

you should type command completely with the extension... it's should be "startmodule.cmd" inside each folder of the driver