FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Reinstall/Install MM/N on WiFi/LTE YOGA BOOK

98 posts
Thanks Meter: 24
 
By THE MAXIMUM POWER, Member on 23rd February 2018, 02:16 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
This is the stock Rom of N & M for Yoga Book LTE & WIFI for the needers



if any dev want to help me developing a dual boot for Yoga Book, just PM me or join Telegram Group for Yoga Book devs and users:


https://t.me/joinchat/HWK1CQ6nVK2rKnmFBmz81g

Prees the Thanks button if that helps you


How to install it:

Be careful, these steps will erase all your data on tablet and will downgrade rom (stock marshmallow)
First of all: read and understand all of the instructions.


1. Download the stock ROM
https://cloud.kolyandex.su/index.php/s/4WDt6ghOzHAyP4s (Nougat WiFi version)
https://easy-firmware.com/home/brows...gory/id/19521/ (Marshmallo LTE version)
https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=817550096634799507 (Marshmallo WiFi version)
2. Extract it to some folder
3. Download Intel Platform Tool Lite from here: https://01.org/android-ia/downloads/...lash-tool-lite
4. Install Intel Platform Tool Lite
4. Boot into fastboot mode
5. Run Intel Platform Tool Lite
6. Make sure your tablet is recognized by the tool (otherwise you need to enable USB-debug in Developer settings)
7. Select "flash_update_from_eng.json" from folder in (2)
8. Push "start to flash"
9. Wait... (You should check tablet's screen in order to lock/unlock bootloader (it should be locked after flash in order to install OTA updates))
10. Reboot tablet
11. Your keyboard might not work: that is normal (just use on-screen keyboard for now)
12. After initial setup: open Contacts app, create new one (if there are no contacts yet), tap search and enter ####6020#
13. Choose your region
14. Reboot
15. Setup again (now halo should work)
16. Go into settings -> about -> updates and update till the last version (may take several hours)
17. Say thanks for alexjustes for his Amazing Steps
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to THE MAXIMUM POWER For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift THE MAXIMUM POWER Ad-Free
 
 
28th February 2018, 03:50 AM |#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Thank you so much for posting this!

Have you tried flashing this through @danjac's TWRP build? I know trying to restore any nandroid backup made after the OTA upgrade to Nougat results in a boot loop.
12th March 2018, 02:03 PM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 24
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by beltani

Thank you so much for posting this!

Have you tried flashing this through @danjac's TWRP build? I know trying to restore any nandroid backup made after the OTA upgrade to Nougat results in a boot loop.

Unfort. no, because i dont have a YB Android Version, i have win ver.
12th March 2018, 02:39 PM |#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE MAXIMUM POWER

Unfort. no, because i dont have a YB Android Version, i have win ver.

I'm 99% sure this isn't flashable in custom recovery, at least without some modification and repackaging. It's a package designed for Intel Phone Flash Tools.

Still a huge asset, though, so thanks again!
12th March 2018, 11:29 PM |#5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 24
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by beltani

I'm 99% sure this isn't flashable in custom recovery, at least without some modification and repackaging. It's a package designed for Intel Phone Flash Tools.



Still a huge asset, though, so thanks again!

Same, it can only flashed through fastboot mode
15th March 2018, 06:01 PM |#6  
Member
Thanks Meter: 31
 
More
I got myself into quite the pickle today. I've been considering selling my Yogabook to switch to a Chromebook 2-in-1. I wanted to get the device back to as full vanilla as possible. I "thought" the first step was to lock the bootloader again and then do a full factory reset, apparently not... After booting back up from locking the bootloader I kept getting an Intel "bootloader error code 01" and Android would not start. It would take me to fastboot mode on it's own but I was unable to use the power button to make a selection and the device would just power off after 5 minutes. Thankfully from there or fore powering off I could hold Volume up on startup and get to fastboot manually or recovery. It being in a locked state now though I couldn't do much of anything else, no flashing anything other than loader, no format, no erase, and TWRP was not able to be booted.

Anyway I finally read a post about DNX mode and how to get to it, but nothing on how to really use it or any decent information imho. After finally finding some users on another part of the forum discussing a DNX flashing tool made for their devices HTC I went searching for a tool for the Lenovo. Lenovo has nothing for this (shame on you Lenovo!) but Intel does have it and it can be used with the recovery image posted above in this thread (and I assume all the others running around). And here is the URL for the tool

https://01.org/android-ia/downloads/...lash-tool-lite

You just have to load a valid JSON file containing the proper config information for the ROM you are flashing iwithin the Intel tool. For this particular version of the ROM I did have to modify the "flash_recover_dnx.json" file to remove this section

Code:
 {
    "duration" : 5000,
    "restrict" : null,
    "tool" : "sleep"
   },
Otherwise the flash tool would not load it due to the a bad tool from this JSON config named "tool". No other changes to the settings of the Intel flashing tool were needed.

Just click "Start to Flash" and once it was done all was well. Took a little over five minutes, it unlocked, flashed, and locked the device again itself.



No more Intel error stating the device isn't secure every reboot. I did lose all my data that was on it doing this but I wasn't worried about that going into it.

After initial setup in Android I did have to do the trick noted here to get the Halo keyboard working again which then required initial setup once more.

Hope this helps others.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MarkAllen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MarkAllen Ad-Free
17th March 2018, 04:04 AM |#7  
ong14's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 46
 
More
@MarkAllen, thank you for your valuable information. This will help people unbrick their devices.
The Following User Says Thank You to ong14 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ong14 Ad-Free
17th March 2018, 02:55 PM |#8  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 24
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkAllen

I got myself into quite the pickle today. I've been considering selling my Yogabook to switch to a Chromebook 2-in-1. I wanted to get the device back to as full vanilla as possible. I "thought" the first step was to lock the bootloader again and then do a full factory reset, apparently not... After booting back up from locking the bootloader I kept getting an Intel "bootloader error code 01" and Android would not start. It would take me to fastboot mode on it's own but I was unable to use the power button to make a selection and the device would just power off after 5 minutes. Thankfully from there or fore powering off I could hold Volume up on startup and get to fastboot manually or recovery. It being in a locked state now though I couldn't do much of anything else, no flashing anything other than loader, no format, no erase, and TWRP was not able to be booted.

Anyway I finally read a post about DNX mode and how to get to it, but nothing on how to really use it or any decent information imho. After finally finding some users on another part of the forum discussing a DNX flashing tool made for their devices HTC I went searching for a tool for the Lenovo. Lenovo has nothing for this (shame on you Lenovo!) but Intel does have it and it can be used with the recovery image posted above in this thread (and I assume all the others running around). And here is the URL for the tool

https://01.org/android-ia/downloads/...lash-tool-lite

You just have to load a valid JSON file containing the proper config information for the ROM you are flashing iwithin the Intel tool. For this particular version of the ROM I did have to modify the "flash_recover_dnx.json" file to remove this section

Code:
 {
    "duration" : 5000,
    "restrict" : null,
    "tool" : "sleep"
   },
Otherwise the flash tool would not load it due to the a bad tool from this JSON config named "tool". No other changes to the settings of the Intel flashing tool were needed.

Just click "Start to Flash" and once it was done all was well. Took a little over five minutes, it unlocked, flashed, and locked the device again itself.



No more Intel error stating the device isn't secure every reboot. I did lose all my data that was on it doing this but I wasn't worried about that going into it.

After initial setup in Android I did have to do the trick noted here to get the Halo keyboard working again which then required initial setup once more.

Hope this helps others.

Thank You for the INFOS
14th June 2018, 09:55 AM |#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
The tool does not recognized my device
Please help to flash my yoga book.
18th June 2018, 04:07 AM |#10  
_Deeb0_'s Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Got these with the stock .json file as described above:
06/18/18 12:00:01.188 ERROR : No description value in command sleep
06/18/18 12:00:01.188 ERROR : Cannot create command with tool "sleep"
06/18/18 12:00:01.188 ERROR : Tool sleep not found or invalid tool configuration

Opened that file in notepad and deleted the sleep section - started flashing.

The usb drivers are definitely required, I lost the connection because they weren't loaded. I installed them and refreshed device manager and she started receiving the flash.

Used Win7 to flash also, the intel page says its not supported.

Flash success and locked bootloader after entering the country code - thanks very much all!
13th July 2018, 03:03 PM |#11  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 24
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeitana

Please help to flash my yoga book.

Try installing Android SDK drivers in you PC
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes