FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Root [YB1--X90L] how to

179 posts
Thanks Meter: 112

By danjac, Senior Member on 8th January 2017, 10:51 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
well, now it's getting interesting.

supersu didn't work for me (always failed to patch boot.img) but i found another way to get root. xda is just great.

it's definitely not my work...just used other people's achievements, so all credits go to them!!!

!!! Please, don't blame me if sth goes wrong. It worked for me and my model. Do it on your won risk!

!!! Before you do anything, back up your phone (in TWRP)

so what you need to gain root:
Yoga Book [YB1-X9OL]
working ADB --> e.g. see here
unlocked bootloader --> see here (unlocking the bootloader does a factory reset, so back up your data)
twrp_recovery --> see here (do not flash it, just boot temporarily)
files for root --> see end of post

1. download attached file
2. boot twrp
3. install 1-Magisk-v7.zip
4. install 2-phh-superuser-magisk-r259.zip
5. reboot
6. install 3-Phh Superuser_1.0.3.3.apk
7. install a root checker to verify

got this way from here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/hon...root-t3475854/
more about magisk can be found here (maybe even a newer solution/version): https://forum.xda-developers.com/app...mless-t3473445

screenshot: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170108_114745.jpg
Views:	3856
Size:	257.4 KB
ID:	3995377

files for root: MMroot.zip

EDIT:
You can also use the newest version of Magisk (v.10.2.) to get root, but then follow the following steps:
1. download and install the newest magisk.zip via twrp, phh's superuser is already included, so no need to install it seperately (as with v.7)
2. reboot system
3. install phh's superuser manager from playstore

!!!if you want to update from Magisk v.7., don't do it with magiskmanager cause it will break root.
donwload Magisk's uninstaller.zip (get it here) and install it via twrp before you install v.10.2.
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to danjac For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift danjac Ad-Free

8th January 2017, 11:16 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Awesome ! I can't wait to try it , but it's so sad that I have to review my courses now
9th January 2017, 07:52 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Awesome, thanks to the OP, thanks to the god, I installed it perfectly, now it looks stable when I use it
9th January 2017, 09:19 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyVerne

Awesome, thanks to the OP, thanks to the god, I installed it perfectly, now it looks stable when I use it

hey u used the instructions above? im a newbie in this so any instructions from yr side on how to do it?
9th January 2017, 09:26 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bisharat

hey u used the instructions above? im a newbie in this so any instructions from yr side on how to do it?

what help do you need?
10th January 2017, 04:35 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Hey

What method do you recommend for backing up everything before unlocking for those who do not use google or lenovo services?
10th January 2017, 06:19 AM |#7  
Flag Washington, DC
Thanks Meter: 34

More
So why do you say to not actually flash TWRP, but to only boot to it temporarily? Does this fail if you properly flash TWRP?
10th January 2017, 06:20 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Anyone tried this on the non-LTE version YB1-X90F?
10th January 2017, 07:04 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by west0ne

Anyone tried this on the non-LTE version YB1-X90F?

i think it would work. i think most important is to know whether partitions are the same and twrp is working.

to find out install disk info and copy the details about your partitions (via the share symbol).

also install AIDA64 then go to "system files" (?) and click on build.prop and copy the information there. do the same for /proc/partitions.

i will check the similarities.

nevertheless you could try to boot (!!!not flash!!!) the recovery, just to see if it boots at all (if yes and partitions are the same, it should be save) as you do not flash it, it doesn't hurt your device but do not use it in any way.
10th January 2017, 07:15 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by heldc

So why do you say to not actually flash TWRP, but to only boot to it temporarily? Does this fail if you properly flash TWRP?

because i'm not an experienced developer...and i don't know if it will break at one point or fails in any way (i didn't build it from source, just modified twrp from yoga tab 3 pro).
so if you only boot it, stock recovery will still be there and you could flash stockrom if nothing works at all. I must say I feel quite comfortable this way...use twrp whenever i must, but have stock untouched.

on the other hand, so far twrp worked quite well for me

if you dare flash it, i won't take responsibility in any way.

secondly, doing ota update should be a lot easier with stock recovery.

hope you see my points!?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danjac For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift danjac Ad-Free
10th January 2017, 07:25 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hajkan

Hey

What method do you recommend for backing up everything before unlocking for those who do not use google or lenovo services?

funny question, because there's no satisfying way to back up everything without twrp or root! it' s the main reason why i started to find a way for root and 'porting' a custom recovery. now i can use titanium or whatever tool to back up and of course twrp to back up all partitions.

back up what's possible.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)